(Topic ID: 15120)

anyone have a flipper fidelity backbox led kit?

By mrgone

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobKnapp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0044.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

i won one for my lotr and it came in the mail yesterday. it has a wireless remote. i was just wondering if anyone here has one and how do you like it. currently mine has the eye flasher mod.which i think is cool.

#2 12 years ago

Have one in my Spiderman and BDK. Waaayyy better than the single bulb, really makes the machine pop and look more like a traditional pinball.

#3 12 years ago

Ive had one for pretty much every Stern ive ever owned. Great add on!!!

#4 12 years ago

I have one in my IM. Far better than a plain old light tube.

#5 12 years ago

Yes..... I just put them in TSPP, BDK, and SM and they are a HUGE upgrade.
    Night and day improvement! Flipper Fidelity makes some quality products.
    Doug

#6 12 years ago

I have one i my Tron LE. They are really nice.

#7 12 years ago

Have one on Tron and LOTR, Sssswwwwwweeeettttt!!! Highly Rec. them!!
    Puppo's items at Flipper Fidelity are the best!

p

1 month later
    #8 11 years ago

Saw their video demo for FGY. Do the lights blink constantly or is there any synchronization with the game?

#9 11 years ago

I have Backbox led panels in all my Sterns and it makes a huge difference.

#10 11 years ago

Have one in every pin I own. Makes the colors really pop!

#11 11 years ago

Guess I should have started a new thread rather than dusting this one off, was wondering if the lights are sync'd with the game or if they just blink until mucking with the controller.

#12 11 years ago

They blink different patterns via the controller.

#13 11 years ago

Ah ok, thanks. That saves me $130.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Stern games are just lit with the tube and do nothing. At least the led panel allows some variety (color, fade, blinking, etc). Well worth it as far as I'm concerned. The panel lights things like the nuclear towers on TSPP differently than the rest of the panel. It also gives you a remote for easy access.

#15 11 years ago

Have one on my Tron, looks much better IMO.

#16 11 years ago

Come on guys, I'm trying to find ways to spend less money on this hobby. I needed to hear that it sucked and wasn't worth it

#17 11 years ago

My concern is Does this upgrade cause too much glare back to playfield glass? I don't like to much glare.Concerned that it might be to much.However no one has complained I do not have PDI glass,Just wondering.Thanks!!

#18 11 years ago

I thought the original stern tube had more glare frankly.

#19 11 years ago

Highly recommend the look awsome

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

I have a cointaker one in my SM with the additional flasher. The changing colors really makes it pop, and the flasher is tied in with the pop bumpers. Looks awesome!

#21 11 years ago

Could some of you post a few pics ?? I would like to try to make one myself

#22 11 years ago

It's slightly academic as I've already bought one for my Tron LE which is sat here, but will the remote allow you to turn off colour cycling as one of the options? It would be really good if you could program the patterns yourself.

#23 11 years ago

You can program custom patterns I believe using the remote but I'm pretty sure it's like learning / writing chinese. However if you figure it out please let me know

#24 11 years ago

Arcade upkeep has a very nice set up as well and its cheaper. Have the total set up for my sm including led back box, flashers and under cabinet for 300

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

My concern is Does this upgrade cause too much glare back to playfield glass?

They don't add glare, but the one in my TSPP didn't cut the glare much. I asked Mike if there was a way to dim the lights using the remote, and there isn't. He suggested covering the white LED's with tracing paper. I'm going to try some amber cellophane or similar from a craft store as I prefer a more warm light over the LED's anyway, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

#26 11 years ago

I actually put one in my TSPP in hopes of being able to dim the glare. Unfortunately the lights got brighter, but I still like what it brings to the game. I wish there was always an option to dim or turn off the backbox lights. That's what all of them are missing. It would work well in the home environment.

#27 11 years ago

He suggested covering the white LED's with tracing paper. I'm going to try some amber cellophane or similar from a craft

I cover all my Florescent Lamps in STERN and Pinball 2000 machines using Reynolds White FREEZER Paper plastic coated.I have DMD Glare gaurds on all my pinballs.Even Pinball2000.I have seen PINBALL DECALS LOTR back box kit video.It is awesome .My LORD of the RING L.E.looks so cool after I have completed my LED conversion. That the Glass back glass looks blase' . But after seeing P.D. video It is going to be to bright for sure. I will have to look at Flipper Fidelity 's video.Thanks.

100_0044.JPG100_0044.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-flipper-fidilty-backbox-led-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.