(Topic ID: 150694)

Anyone have a coin pusher in there home arcade?

By Ckykedworld

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Werner2
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 8 years ago

I have been wanting a quarter coin pusher in my home arcade. Anyone have one in theres? Pics welcome

#2 8 years ago

I used to, was pretty cool, nobody used it though

#3 8 years ago

I think if I had one my mom would move in with me lol

#4 8 years ago

I love coin pushers!

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I used to, was pretty cool, nobody used it though

Same here.

#6 8 years ago

I'd like to get one, as a piece of "arcade furniture". It would not take up space used by a pin or something valuable.

#7 8 years ago

If I could find one in Canada I might, but don't see them at all . . .

#8 8 years ago

man I loved these as a kid. I agree with frolic that it would great in a gameroom.

#9 8 years ago

I'd love a small multi tiered one..might be
    A cool project to make one as a wall hanging, or repurpose a piece of furniture....
    Had a friend who left a few rolled $100 bills in his...always got played.
    When he first got it his wife put in reward
    Coins in the machine, wink, wink, along with a few from the honey do list.
    I'll let you decide what the gold award was....

3 years later
    #10 4 years ago

I don't know how fun it will be at home, but I found a deal and will be adding a coin pusher to my home arcade on Thursday. I figure it might be some fun at parties. Already buying stupid trinkets, mostly from Aliexpress, to put in there. If you have other ideas please feel free to post them. Looking for fairly cheap items for kids or adults.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11 4 years ago

ive got one, need to set it up for tokens and turn the grandkids loose on it, add some prizes and stuff. kids focus on that and leave my pins and arcades alone

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know how fun it will be at home, but I found a deal and will be adding a coin pusher to my home arcade on Thursday. I figure my it might be some fun at parties. Already buying stupid trinkets, mostly from Aliexpress, put in there. If you have other ideas please feel free to post them here. Looking for fairly cheap items that for kids and adults.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mini rum bottle! Excellent!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Mini rum bottle! Excellent!

Yeah I don't know...feels like it could be fun to load it up with those bottles if we have an adult party. We've hosted staff parties before.

#14 4 years ago

Dc Superheros coin pusher has the right idea. Have cards in there, there's some skill involved in that case. Cards on top slide back when they get close to the end, and cards with a coin on top of them push through quite easily. See the vid below how the Joker card seems to be easy to get right at the end near the chute but falls back away from the chute the DC card works its way through and into the chute quite easiy as it has a coin on top of it, Joker does not.

#15 4 years ago

There are some serious epic one's in japan. That's what I would get. Except they are over 20g and weigh 1000lbs

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Dc Superheros coin pusher has the right idea. Have cards in there, there's some skill involved in that case. Cards on top slide back when they get close to the end, and cards with a coin on top of them push through quite easily. See the vid below how the Joker card seems to be easy to get right at the end near the chute but falls back away from the chute the DC card works its way through and into the chute quite easiy as it has a coin on top of it, Joker does not.

Not sure how that would work in a home setting. Maybe create some custom cards for prizes that are too large to fit on the slider shelf, but can still be won. Basically a jackpot. I just don't want to over complicate things. I intend to give people the tokens then they can keep any prizes they win.

#17 4 years ago

Nice prizes you picked!

That makes me think I should change out the Junk in the old Cranes I have and make it more interesting in Prizes!!

Any other ideas what to add to a pusher or crane?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice prizes you picked!
    That makes me think I should change out the Junk in the old Cranes I have and make it more interesting in Prizes!!

I just kind of enter a keyword into Aliexpress and see what the best selling items are. It's great for cheap junk.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Not sure how that would work in a home setting. Maybe create some custom cards for prizes that are too large to fit on the slider shelf, but can still be won. Basically a jackpot. I just don't want to over complicate things. I intend to give people the tokens then they can keep any prizes they win.

The cards make it interesting. Coins pushed over the edge, not so interesting. DC Superheros is the only coin pusher I've ever had interest in playing. The cards are collectible (getting them for my kids...really I am ) and redeemable for prize points too. Sets are worth a lot of points. So its the search for different cards and assembling the set that is interesting. Coins going over into the chute can count as points too if you want but that's a way to lose interest if that's all the coin pusher does. IMHO.

#20 4 years ago

I can handle it in posts, but for the love of all that is good and holy, please revise your thread title to have it use the correct word "their" and not "there."

No pusher here, but I do have a crane. Why are they so heavy? I dread the day I have to get it back up the stairs. I still can't believe I got it down all by myself, even with an Escalera!

#21 4 years ago

Just some more geeky junk I'm thinking about ordering to toss in my game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice prizes you picked!

There are a ton of different versions of these for around $3 each. I think they would be fun to pull out of a crane game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 4 years ago

It takes a lot more quarters then I was thinking to set them up. I've added $150 worth to mine so far. It's to the point where you don't win every time, but you do win quite often. My goal it to keep it fairly sustainable...where it's dropping about what you are putting in. Dropping includes the sides (house edge) and front (winnings).

#23 4 years ago

I think it'll be pretty useless, don't really know who will use it in my house.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-a-coin-pusher-in-there-home-arcade?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.