1414178099429.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Can you spot the problem?
1414178099429.jpg1414178099429.jpg

#2 9 years ago

looks like your balls are magnatized, or the magnet core still has power

#3 9 years ago

if your magnet is energized on power up, its an aux board problem sorry to say

but if theyre stuck together and the power is off, sounds like magnetized balls as stated above.

#4 9 years ago

Didn't they send out new auxillary boards for the home user to install when they got the game?

#5 9 years ago

Agree that balls are magnetized. I have had to switch mine out because of this.

#6 9 years ago

Both Nightcrawlers are sticking up too....looks like an Aux board problem.

#7 9 years ago

The nightcrawlers pop up in attract mode and stay up when you shut the game off. Looks like he has the game turned off in the pic.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

The nightcrawlers pop up in attract mode and stay up when you shut the game off. Looks like he has the game turned off in the pic.

Hmm, maybe...but would the balls stay stuck on the Wolv magnet if it was off?

#9 9 years ago

Its your aux board and wiring harness to it. They will replace it on warranty.

#10 9 years ago

Yes. The balls were magnetized and it seemed residual even though game was turned off. Yes the NC were stuck up and are currently in the up position and not going down. Game locked while playing, so I shut it off and took the picture.

I immediately checked the fuses. F-5 and F- 7 are blown. I was able to replace F-7 but not F-5, as of yet. Hopefully that is all it is. I have already had the aux board issue and had it replaced. Will keep posted.

#11 9 years ago

Uhoh! Hope it works out ok for you. Please do keep us posted!

#12 9 years ago

F-7 and F-5 blowing is not a good sign huh? My original Aux board blew and I received a new one without the harness because I do not think they had it at the time.

#13 9 years ago

You need the new harness as well as the new board. The earlier board you got was a repaired version of the first board and they did not hold up. Stern will give it to you....I just got mine last month and a friend just called yesterday with the same issue.

To use the game now just lift the playfield and unplug the connectors to the coils for the nightcrawlers. Then push against the spring release by the coils and the nightcrawlers will drop and stay down until you reconnect the coil connections.

That being said...mine never blew the fuses. I would replace them before firing up the game again with the nightcrawlers disconnected. If they blow again without the nightcrawlers even connected call Stern back and ask them how to proceed. If they don't blow you will be good to go once you plug in the new board with the new harness and re-connect your nightcrawlers. And there will be empty connectors with the new harness....don't worry about it. Thats just the way they are.

#14 9 years ago

I hope your correct and they give me a new board and harness after receiving a board.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

I hope your correct and they give me a new board and harness after receiving a board.

They will...I had multiples until my X-Men LE worked right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-had-this-problem-with-men-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.