(Topic ID: 255689)

Anyone gone from SW pro to premium or premium to pro?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spidey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F721106-F079-4954-B2F5-194D4865C68F (resized).jpeg
5744E904-2001-4BC8-B10C-5D5302022DF8 (resized).jpeg
66842E9F-E5C8-49CC-B21B-1F1262DFC2C6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191119_170539.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm undecided for which SW version to buy, is the hyperloop super important to the game?

Also does the premium take a lot of work to get dialed in? I mean is it hard to adjust the fork ramp or does the HL sometimes not work properly?

Thanks, I am buying one shortly and like to hear if the premium is the way to go. I have played both versions but only on location and didn't think the pro was playing strong so might have got a bad impression.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Preimum all the way

I like the metal apron, Falcon model and Death Star toy but the main reason for me would be the Hyper Loop!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes, it *is* cool, but at the same time it is so under utilized. There's a BIG toy that circles the entire playfield and yet it's only real purpose is at the start of one multiball mode to increase a jackpot value. I really wanted it to do more in the rules.
Rob

Ok that makes sense (like it should be more utilized) for example the hammer in Met premium is just a lock mechanism and the pro does with a virtual lock. Sure the hammer is cool but it's not essential to the core of the game ( I mean game can be great without).

It's muddled to me because I am into light show and looks like the pro has the same light show. However pinball machines are partly wow factor the hyper loop is better than sat the Woz monkey for example. Hyper loop is about the coolest toy and makes SW less barren.

this week am going to try to play both pro and premium (on location) to decide.

#10 4 years ago

Supposedly there is a mod to add the extra post without drilling into PF.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Pro is way easier than the premium because of no hyperloop; the hyperloop shot is hard to hit because the ball needs to square up with the right velocity...I would recommend the premium; light show is amazing...But the game is just too hard in the end overall and you will probably sell it...

I like harder games anyway.

1 week later
#16 4 years ago

Update. I played pro again and premium two different ones again. Decided to buy the Comic Premium.

I have more plays on the premium but specifically concentrated on the Death Star / Hyper loop shot.

the pro is noticeably smoother on the DS loop shot but the premium was not that bad. I found the actual DS/HL jump ramp not that bad. Not the easiest shot but not too difficult even was able to backhand.

What I did feel was the metal ramps are very satisfying. Not saying the plastic are bad but the metal just adds a bit of heft that is sorely missing from a lot of newer games. Also the actual Hyper Loop is one of the f-n coolest thing in pinball ever.

I’m talking top 10 best toy ever and hitting the HL is up there with hitting the ring shot in Lotr. Imo

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I went pro, but honestly I think I'll eventually move to a premium, mainly because I think this will be a long term keeper. Tough to find people to do a trade down on this one.

I hope keeper for me. I love the depth and tough gameplay. Reminds me of TWD in brutal play.

I wanted the pro comic cabinet art space ship battle but premium features. If they ever do that I might be trading up for one.

#19 4 years ago

Got the SW premium set up today!! LOVE the hyper loop.

66842E9F-E5C8-49CC-B21B-1F1262DFC2C6 (resized).jpeg66842E9F-E5C8-49CC-B21B-1F1262DFC2C6 (resized).jpeg5744E904-2001-4BC8-B10C-5D5302022DF8 (resized).jpeg5744E904-2001-4BC8-B10C-5D5302022DF8 (resized).jpeg

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...My fellow Pinsiders, our long national nightmare is over ...
Just kidding man, enjoy a great game.

I’m super picky now, running out of room due to keeping too many. So each next pin is harder to decide.

I have been fortunate to have played all of the newer games (save Octoberfest). SW premium is the most fun and I think under rated don’t know why.

#25 4 years ago

Also people said it was empty no toys but Tie fighter on a spring. What about hyper loop and Death Star that more toys than Maiden or DP combined.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-gone-from-sw-pro-to-premium-or-pre-to-pro?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.