(Topic ID: 252586)

Anyone going to see "Joker" this weekend?

By hAbO

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Anyone going to see "Joker" this weekend?”

• Yes! I cant wait! 29 votes
    35%
  • Yes! but Im waiting for on-demand, cable, DVD. 26 votes
    31%
  • No, Im not digging what I see in the previews. 18 votes
    21%
  • No, I don't like super-hero movies. 11 votes
    13%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor.gif
tumblr_86ccd3580a009e5de8ec90cb1434fe13_ec689375_540.gif
8A5D544B-C7EA-45DA-8403-84634C6857F5 (resized).jpeg
bigtroubleinlittlechina_translite (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

I always find it funny when the media and government bureaucrats take 4chan memes seriously, especially when they come from /tv/.

This.

The fact that the media is trying to deter people from seeing it makes me want to see it more. They only tell you what they want you to hear.....they don't like something about this film....I guess it goes against the current agenda they are trying to push. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a false flag.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rottentomatoes confirmed complete irrelevance when they let the social justice warrior "top critics" give Dave Chappelle's brilliant new special 0% fresh because they were offended FOR OTHERS. Once audience reviews were allowed, they like 99%. Allowing that 0% to happen from "top critics" is a fail for a site that lives and dies by critical ratings. Even adding in the rest of the critics that came on later, those "top critics" kept the score at like 33%, which is ridiculous.
But no. No plans to see Joker. Seems very self-congratulatory from the previews.

It's sad, it shows that certain people will stop at nothing to push their agenda including outright censorship. Nothing new to see here. Move along.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:"Stop at nothing" = "post a critical review" = "censorship"
I lament the fact that logic is out of vogue in certain circles.
I'll probably see it after opening weekend, unless someone in the family wants to see it more than I do.

Critical reviews? Last I checked some theaters refused to show it. When's the last time a movie has triggered people this much?

I lament the fact that people's perception of reality is clouded by biases.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Warriors. At least in So Cal. VERY controversial at the time, and outright refusal to show it or cops posted at all showings for theatres that had it. Still had gang violence anyway.

Dude, a classic. A pin needs to be made based on warriors, big trouble in little China and road warrior/mad max

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-going-to-see-joker?tu=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.