(Topic ID: 27263)

Anyone going to put their pins out for Halloween this year?

By robertmee

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinster68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I've got a SS, TFTC, CFTBL and another yet to be named horror themed pin (on the way...shhhh) and thought it might be cool to put them out in the driveway or garage entrance for Halloween. But then I think about a bunch of booger munchers with hershey soaked fingermits pawing all over the games, and I ask myself can I handle it. Or maybe most are intimidated or won't know what a pin is, or even feel like they have the time to stop and play a game.

It's alot of work moving them from house to garage, so if it's a waste of time and just a cool but nonsensical dream, I'll skip it.

#2 7 years ago

I'm considering it... but you nailed it. I think about the booger munchers playing my HUO/NIB games and I have immediate second thoughts.

#3 7 years ago

Some people have in the past. They usually enjoy doing it.

If anyone does, I hope they post pictures so we can enjoy their efforts.

LTG

#4 7 years ago

I always thought it would be cool to re-theme a pin as "halloween" in general, but then add in some features like hit all drop targets, and the trick is a scary mask pops out of the backglass.. Get up a hard ramp, and a piece of candy treat drops from the return coin slot.

#5 7 years ago

Yup for friends and family only no booger munchers or sticky candy fingers all over them.

If the masses still had respect for others things as if they were there own I would let the neighborhood kids play whenever they wanted. But those days are long gone. Sad times.

#6 7 years ago

Weve ben thinking of doing this but it is a lot of work. We had a big yard sale a few months ago and i set a bunch of pins and arcade games in the garage. We also set up the DJ and karaoke equipment so people could sing. I had the kids set up the popcorn machine also. It went well and we sold a huge pile of crap. Everyone had fun.

#7 7 years ago

Sticky finger prints clean off just fine. No big deal.

#8 7 years ago

Been thinking about setting up "The Spooky Arcade" in my garage. I have some horror pins, but would just throw the whole collection in there and let the kids have a go ... boogers and all.

11 pins, 4 vids, bowl of candy, spooky soundtrack playing on the stereo. Could be good times.

#9 7 years ago

I always think about it but the snow usually stops me.

#10 7 years ago

Hell no.

I'd rather not advertise the fact to the entire neighborhood that I have disposable income and expensive toys.

Plus, halloween in our neighborhood is absolutely insane. I live in the last neighborhood before the country, so a lot of people come from miles and miles around to trick or treat in our neighborhood. It has one entrance, and over 300 houses, so it makes a great safe spot to go to.

We typically get several hundred trick or treaters.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hell no.
    I'd rather not advertise the fact to the entire neighborhood that I have disposable income and expensive toys.

Most "average" people have no clue how much pins are worth.

#12 7 years ago

They're little kids! They will enjoy the lights and sounds for about 20 seconds and then get bored as hell and demand more candy. When you don't give them more they will come back and egg your machines. Good Luck!

#13 7 years ago

Kids in my hood know us. We're the house that gives out full-size candy bars, and goes overboard with the decorating. The no-egg insurance for sure.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Kids in my hood know us. We're the house that gives out full-size candy bars, and goes overboard with the decorating. The no-egg insurance for sure.

You're the house we would quick change up our costumes and visit until we got caught!

#15 7 years ago

Um....no. They gots to git their own.

#16 7 years ago

Halloween party, I have to!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

When it gets to be around 9 o'clock and the teenagers that aren't really dressed up start coming around, I always dump extra in their bags.

It's like protection money paid to the mafia.

#18 7 years ago

I'll have Gorgar lit up, I hope it scares the crap out of them!

#19 7 years ago

Cool idea but it seems like more trouble than it would be worth. I would rather have a party with all my friends with beer being dumped and greasy popcorn hands all over them. :p

#20 7 years ago

The thought of doing this would be awesome, the reality, unfortunately, would be that my garage would get broken into a week later.

#21 7 years ago

Im planning on having a huge pinball halloween party here in colorado. I think its going to be crazy.

jon

#22 7 years ago

I typically only get 6 to 10 kids. And the Mormans think I'm da Devil. Most kids do trunk o' treat in my town these days. So I just sit in the driveway while my kids do the block. At least I've got Gorgar to keep me company.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from cwg29:

And the Mormans think I'm da Devil

do you look like fairuza balk?

#24 7 years ago

Little A-hole kids/teenagers mashing on your pins....you are a brave soul. I also wouldnt want to advertise like "hey, i have a bunch of expensive pieces of machinery in my house, I probably have a real nice TV and jewelry to steal" ya know? To each his own though. I know if I saw that while I was driving by I'd slam on the brakes and walk over to play for as long as you'd let me.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

When it gets to be around 9 o'clock and the teenagers that aren't really dressed up start coming around, I always dump extra in their bags.
    It's like protection money paid to the mafia.

See now that's where I'm asking for it. I keep a special stash of "no costume candy". It's my entertainment for the night to watch those in horror as I hand a monster Three Musketeers bar to one kid, then give them a teensy little turd of a candy for their lack of effort. Boo ha ha!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 12.50
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 16.95
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside