(Topic ID: 29577)

Anyone go to the Captain's Auction this Weekend?

By radrats

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Any deals to be had?

#2 11 years ago

Yes, someone got a completely broken Gladiators for the great deal of $1300, someone else got a broken Monte Carlo for $1100, a Bally Black Pyramid went for over a thousand, a Gorgar that had been sitting on craigslist for weeks for $895 went for over a thousand, Spider-man went for over four thousand

...and don't forget to add 23.75% on top of those prices

Sarcasm aside, in terms of actual deals I'd say the HUO pins from the designer's collection didn't go for too outlandish prices, a Hurricane in need of a shop job went for an ok amount, and a DE Star Wars with a really nice playfield (one of the best I've seen) went for $1700, which again, isn't a deal, but it's not bad.

edit: also the Williams Indiana Jones went cheaper than I expected, and a lot cheaper than the last one they had at auction, and was in better shape.

#3 11 years ago

Glad I didn't waste the trip...though I did want to see those HUO machines.

#4 11 years ago

How much did the DE Frankenstein go for?

#5 11 years ago

Here are the hammer prices I jotted down for those interested (though I may be mistaken about one or two):

Viper Night Driving $2100
    Cue Ball Wizard $900
    World Cup Soccer $1600
    Indiana Jones (Williams) $3300
    Earthshaker $1150
    Hurricane $950
    Black Pyramid $1300
    Star Wars (Data East) $1700
    Checkpoint $1500
    Pirates of the Caribean $3000
    Elvis $3300
    Captain fantastic $950
    Jurassic Park $3000
    Frankenstein $2950
    Star Wars Ep. 1 (Stern) $2000
    Revenge From Mars $1700
    South Park $700
    Spiderman $4100
    Game Show $1000
    Monte Carlo $950
    Sound Stage $??? (I went outside for a burger during this one)
    Gladiators $1000

#6 11 years ago

I was unaware that I had an auction last weekend.

But 3k for a JP is crazyness!

#7 11 years ago

Whoa. That Viper Night Driving has been on CL locally for $1700!! geez. Earthshaker and South Park were the only deals I see there, and even then, bet they were routed as hell.

#8 11 years ago

Southpark had no boards and the ES had a lumpy Mylar job over dirt and some bubbling on the BG

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

But 3k for a JP is crazyness!

I think it went for so much because it was from the personal collection of the late Neil Falconer, game designer.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Southpark had no boards and the ES had a lumpy Mylar job over dirt and some bubbling on the BG

DAMN. Where do they find such a constant stream of such hacked up pins?!?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from radrats:

Whoa. That Viper Night Driving has been on CL locally for $1700!! geez. Earthshaker and South Park were the only deals I see there, and even then, bet they were routed as hell.

The JP, Viper, and Frankenstein were HUO from Neil Falconer's personal collection. Not the same Viper as the one on CL. They were all obviously very nice, and the JP had a personalized plaque and the topper.

#12 11 years ago

How bad was the IJ?

#13 11 years ago

some cabinet fade but I played it a bit and it seemed pretty solid besides that

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-go-to-the-captains-auction-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.