(Topic ID: 198286)

Anyone get Sevierville Tenn. auction prices ?

By wolfy

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Have not seen any listings on prices for yesterday's auction. There are pictures on Facebook Carolina Arcade and pinball collectors. Anyone have any of the sell prices. Last auction I didn't see any either. Please post any you can remember.

#2 6 years ago

Crud, I forgot about it. Picked up a decent Creech today though

#3 6 years ago

I'd like to know what the Baywatch went for if anyone remembers.

#4 6 years ago

I would really like to know about any of the prices, because I'm trying to decide about taking stuff to the auction in October and November.

#5 6 years ago

Here are the hammer prices I wrote down. I haven't been to many of these so I have know idea which were buy backs.

Slugfest 825
    BW 1800
    Trizone 700
    IM 2600
    JP 1500 -it was a little rough
    Ripley's 2250 - a nicer one was pulled before auction
    SS 1200
    DM 1650 - display was starting to go bad
    Getaway 1900 - faded cab
    IJ 4300
    JD 1700
    Nascar 1900
    T2 1500- had wear at flippers and left ramp and broken plastic over left ramp, and something up with translite if I remember correctly
    RCT 1900
    Hurricane 2050 -really nice one
    Shrek 3000
    RFM 2750
    Kiss 2000- was refurb, had its issues, and BG lifting in several spots
    IMVE 4500
    AP 2750
    XMen got withdrawn mid auction

#6 6 years ago

Overall decent prices for an auction. Lately seems auction prices have been stupid. Assume this doesn't include the buyers premium though.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Overall decent prices for an auction. Lately seems auction prices have been stupid. Assume this doesn't include the buyers premium though.

Remember to add about 20 percent in fees and tax. Doesn't look like any deals to me.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember to add about 20 percent in fees and tax. Doesn't look like any deals to me.

I've been to this auction a number of times this year and there have only been a few pins sell at prices that I'd say were bargains (probably buybacks). Especially when you consider that inspection consists of turning the machine on and maybe play testing if it's set to free play.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for the prices

#10 6 years ago

What kind of condition was that IJ in?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from JeremyON:

What kind of condition was that IJ in?

I didn't pay too much attention as I wasn't really interested in it. I played a few games on it and maybe there were a few bulbs that were out, I didn't notice any obvious playfield wear and everything seemed to function fine.

#12 6 years ago

The auction is only a deal any more if you can avoid fees. It's an awfully long day to overpay for a pinball imo

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The auction is only a deal any more if you can avoid fees. It's an awfully long day to overpay for a pinball imo

How would you avoid fees?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I could be wrong on some of this and it could have changed some recently. But, there is a 10% sales tax, a premium to the auction house, and I fee if you don't use cash. There is a way to sign up with the auction house for a set yearly fee (or at least there used to be) to avoid that or most of that. Some of these people also are established as dealers of either parts or games in general and a lot of those can buy tax free. So where me or you would have to pay the fees other won't.

#15 6 years ago

I could be wrong on some of this and it could have changed some recently. But, there is a 10% sales tax, a premium to the auction house, and I fee if you don't use cash. There is a way to sign up with the auction house for a set yearly fee (or at least there used to be) to avoid that or most of that. Some of these people also are established as dealers of either parts or games in general and a lot of those can buy tax free. So where me or you would have to pay the fees other won't.

10% sales tax?!? Yep, there it is, worst place to shop in the U.S. I guess, though no state income tax may make up for some of that if you're a resident.
    http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2012/feb/14/tennessee-sales-tax-rate-highest-among-50-states/70656/

Thanks for the other info, I know little about auctions and auction houses but that's all interesting stuff.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You can work out parking lot deals before the auction starts. I've also worked out deals with sellers during the auction before the auctioneer reaches their machine.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

You can work out parking lot deals before the auction starts. I've also worked out deals with sellers during the auction before the auctioneer reaches their machine.

This is true too. I've seen a ton of games sold that never reach the floor. It's a fun experience for sure either way

#18 6 years ago

This is true too. I've seen a ton of games sold that never reach the floor. It's a fun experience for sure either way

Every gamer should attend at least one auction in their lifetime.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Every gamer should attend at least one auction in their lifetime.

Man I enjoy going just to talk to people. There are people from all over come to those things. It's pretty cool

#20 6 years ago

I go to play a bunch of different machines. There are some machines I think I will like for whatever reason but after I play it I think that's not for me.

#21 6 years ago

Just don't forget if you've never been... bring your own extension cord. You can't play anything if it isn't plugged in lol. You only make that mistake once

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-get-sevierville-tenn-auction-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.