(Topic ID: 70037)

Anyone from Philadelphia, Pa area, Help a new Pinhead ?

By BrianG

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey All

Am hoping there might be someone in my area, Philadelphia, Penna .. That might be willing to stop over and show me a few thinngs about my Stern " Trident " machine I just bought. I am handy and learn quick ...

The pinball worked great when I bought it .. I loaded her up and took her home. Something must of come loose, The game powers up, But wont start, Board lights up .. takes my 25 and puts a credit up .. when I hit the credit button on door she won't start a game

If there is anyone in the area that would want to stop over and give this newbie some guidance that would be great .. My email is ... [email protected]

Thank you for your help in advance, If I can't find anyone, Could anyone let me know about a good repair guy in the Phial, Penna area

Thank You, Brian

#2 10 years ago

Bump- somebody help a new pinhead out! I know nothing about that era.

#3 10 years ago

Brian,
    Have you checked your fuses and reseated all your connectors?
    Things like to come loose when a game is moved.
    I think you also need to look at the F4 43V solenoid fuse on the PS and the fuse located under the playfield.
    If its blown, your game will coin-up as you describe but you won't be able to play it because none of the solenoids will work. Test your fuses with DMM on continuity. Visual inspection will no always identify a blown fuse.
    Do the flippers work after you coin-up and press start?

#4 10 years ago

silly question but did you put a ball back in?

#5 10 years ago

+1 with Butch...my Elektra would not boot...didn't have the balls in the trough

#6 10 years ago

Where in Philly are you? PM me if you don't want to post it.

I am in upper Bucks County and may be able to get over there if schedules allow.

I am by far no expert, but we could take a look.

Chris

#7 10 years ago

I'm also in Philly and asked this very question a few months ago. Unfortunately, I got little feedback from it.

I'd be happy to help you, but I still know very little about repair myself!

#8 10 years ago

There are several very good techs in the area that can help, but they will have a service fee. The problem is that pinball machines break constantly so the demand for good tech work is high while the supply is relatively limited. If you post or PM your location we can point you in the direction of a tech that is local to you.

-Jay

#9 10 years ago

wish I was closer...hope you get some help.....

#10 10 years ago

Hey All

Thank you for all your replys and offer's to help .. I will PM those who are close and offered to help .. Thank you and lunch on me

Yes the ball is in there ... To be honest, I had a machine about 10-15 yeras ago .. it worked and I never had any problems with it ..

I know not to rough house them connectors and made sure I took them apart very carefully ..

I will keep everyone posted .. I bought this for me and my wife .. I had it all set up before she came home from work, and she didn't work .. I was bummed .. Hopefully I will get her going.

A fellow member Tom .. aka Solder_Splash is going to try to call me today and walk me thur some things ..

Thank you all .. I am in the Phila area .. You want to stop by or play some pinball, drop me a PM or email .. [email protected]

Brian

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Where in Philly are you? PM me if you don't want to post it.
    I am in upper Bucks County and may be able to get over there if schedules allow.
    I am by far no expert, but we could take a look.
    Chris

Hi Chris

I sent you a PM ..

Thank You

Brian

#12 10 years ago

got it, and replied

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-from-philadelphia-pa-area-help-a-new-pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.