(Topic ID: 167115)

Anyone experience with Wagner Flexio paint sprayer?

By Plumonium

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by paintpins
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 3 years ago

In my experience, these are a bit overpowered for painting a pinball cabinet (assuming that's what you are planning to do with it). They throw a lot of paint, fast. Worked great on a boat I painted, but I chose not to use it for pinball cabinets because it was too difficult to dial down the amount of spray and still get good results. (Move just a bit too slowly and you'll get a thick coat of paint that'll puddle/run).

#3 3 years ago

There is a dial that is supposed to control the airflow and another that controls material flow.

And yes it would be to paint cabinets and may be (if it's OK) to clearcoat playfields.

#4 3 years ago

I painted my house with one. You might look at http://www.fujispray.com/hvlp-systems/ instead for cabinet/clearcoating. I think FlashInstinct has the Fuji setup.

#5 3 years ago

I'm seeing good review of this one actually. Might be better for smaller job as well.

HomeRight Finish Sprayer

amazon.com link »

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

I painted my house with one. You might look at http://www.fujispray.com/hvlp-systems/ instead for cabinet/clearcoating. I think FlashInstinct has the Fuji setup.

Yeah it's like 1500$. I'm sure it works well.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

I'm seeing good review of this one actually. Might be better for smaller job as well.
    HomeRight Finish Sprayer
    amazon.com link ยป

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

#8 3 years ago

Both of the Flexio products state the following, which is not what you want.

"The FLEXiO Sprayer produces a slightly stippled, roller-like finish..."

#9 3 years ago

It's a toy. Save your money for a good air compressor.

#10 3 years ago

Seriously, stop trying to cheap out on the tools (I saw your nailer thread). If you can afford a WH20, you can afford the proper tools

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Seriously, stop trying to cheap out on the tools (I saw your nailer thread). If you can afford a WH20, you can afford the proper tools

You are right. Most expensive tools usually works best. This is not what I'm asking here though.

We got to stop thinking that we always need the very best of everything to take care of our machines as if those where the 8th wonder of the world. People said don't use spray cans but my paint job is freaking sweet and my game looks a thousand times better than before. Seriously, it's freaking staples inside the cabinet. If I ever, one day, ask top money for those (Pin Bot in the case) well may be someone can complain that my staple job is above average but still not perfect.

May be it's because I sometimes buy inexpensive tools or make other rational decision that I can afford the games.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

Both of the Flexio products state the following, which is not what you want.
    "The FLEXiO Sprayer produces a slightly stippled, roller-like finish..."

Yeah read that, they sound like they want you to think it will give the same finish as a roller which I doubt it does really.

Thanks for reading through the fine prints though.

#13 3 years ago

At the end, I thought it was a good upgrade from the spray cans which are hard to manipulate, result varies and become expensive quickly due to amount needed.

Pin-Bot spray cans:
    6 Primer
    11 Black
    2-3 Red
    2-3 Yellow
    +clear

1 month later
    #14 3 years ago

Complete turd, count on repainting if you use it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 90.00
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    $ 395.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Arizona Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside