(Topic ID: 232719)

Anyone Ever Seen or Played a 'Rally' Pinball Machine?

By rogerdodger

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS (resized).jpg
rally playboy (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hi Guys:

Anyone ever seen or played one of these?

I owned a Rally Playboy and a Rally West Club many years ago, when I lived in England. They were a French manufacturer.

Although the playfields seem basic (compared to today's pins), in my opinion, they were way ahead of their time!

Even in 1968, the displays were electronic (Nixie tubes) and all the sounds were electronic.

The slingshots you see were not rubbers but long plastics that would kick the ball away.

I don't know what happened to the manufacturers but they sure were nice games to own, back in the day.

Anyone know if these were exported to the States in good numbers?

rally playboy (resized).pngrally playboy (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Rally, the company that brought us Hairy Singers in 1966.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=hairy&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#3133

HS (resized).jpgHS (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

Wow! Who knew???

#4 5 years ago

I recently learned of these and really have wanted to get my hands on one! I am an avid fan of Nixie tubes! They are neat little devices. I think it’s so cool someone designed a pin to use them as display

#5 5 years ago

One of the vendors had one for sale at the Allentown Show last year. It wasn’t setup for play, but it was packed away. Looked cool.

I’ve always liked these European manufacturers. Sega had some cool designs too, with EMs that had ramps and plastic pop bumpers.

#6 5 years ago

They never officially imported to the US. Some folks brought them here later. There’s a guy in CA who had a few.

#7 5 years ago

Yep! I own Playboy and Comics. Picked them up years ago, gorgeous looking games and way ahead of their time for some things, there’s a couple pics in the club thread here;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rally-pinball-club-voulez-vous-flipper-avec-moi

I’m looking for a lock down bar for Comics if anybody has a line on one!

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

would love to get a Schuss, Psychedelic, or a Rally Girl. the ball return design is brilliant and completely eliminates the need for the associated kicker solenoid and all the other parts. plus nixie tubes are always cool.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-seen-or-played-a-rally-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.