Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0555.jpg
CL4.jpg
CL3.jpg
CL2.jpg
cl1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tac_double.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I ran across this on CL. Kind of interested....

Anyone know anything about it? Thoughts? Please discuss..... they are asking $200

Thanks!

"I got this from a friend years ago, and had plans to convert it to a MAME pinball, which hasn't happened. My arcade is full, and it is time to let this one go. This is EXTREMELY rare, I have been watching the web, pinball databases, and have NEVER seen one of these. Here is the story, as it was told to me by the guy I got it from combined with information I have found.

This game started out as a typical Eight Ball by Bally (you know the pinball made based on Happy Days (Fonzie is in two of the inside plastics, and sued Bally for using his likeness without permission... Which they gave him a couple of the machines and he dropped the suit!).

Then according to the labeling inside the machine, it was converted in 1983 by a Kentucky company into the Super Tournament Dominos. You play the first two balls of pinball, and if you score 100,000 points you can then play video dominos using the buttons on the front.

Course, if you know about late 70's pinballs, you know the acid issue if you leave the batteries installed on one of the boards. This game worked when my friend had it, but since he left the batteries in, and they leaked the board got corroded. I have another pinball that had this same problem and I found a guy in Chicago that fixed all my boards for $150.

Now the reason this game is so rare is that they were used for gambling. And this particular game was actually confiscated by the FBI! My friend purchased it in the mid 80's at a government auction. (and he peeled off the auction sticker... I would have left it on there.)

This is in decent shape, (other than needing new rubbers of course, and the fact that one of the boards has corrosion from the battery leak. It could be very valueable if restored, as it is clearly a VERY rare pinball machine. If it is still listed, it is available."

cl1.jpgcl1.jpg CL2.jpgCL2.jpg CL3.jpgCL3.jpg CL4.jpgCL4.jpg

#6 12 years ago

I may need to go check this out. I wonder how much trouble it would be to get up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tac_double.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-heard-of-these-machinces?tu=tac_double and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.