(Topic ID: 104291)

Anyone ever go look at a mystery "pinball machine"?

By the96stang

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM.jpg
Photo on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM #2.jpg
image.jpg
20140617_221252.jpg
DSC_0476.JPG
king-carousel-gumball-machine.jpg
no_escalera_needed.jpg
Backglassss.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

probably some home made thing made out of concrete that she just wants out of the basement .

#52 9 years ago

I just did today. Here is what I ended with...

DSC_0476.JPGDSC_0476.JPG

That's it, just the top. When I asked how much it was only $40, so now I have the top of an Incredible Hulk. Probably just going to mount a light in it and hang it on the wall. It could have been better, but I'm actually quite happy.

#53 9 years ago

Nice that would make good garage art

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from charm86:

Aaaargghhh... This is exactly what awaited me at the last mystery spot. What a waste of time. But if anyone is interested, here ya go minneapolis.craigslist.org link

$300??? Get the net.....sheesh!

#55 9 years ago

Going with Williams Grand Prix

#56 9 years ago

My guess would be a Gigi or an ice revue

#57 9 years ago

Let's see.....20 years in Storage huh?

"Yeah I got this game called Guns and Roses. My boy got it but I didn't like the crazy Rock Music, so he put it in storage"

Good luck!

Chris

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just did today. Here is what I ended with...

That's it, just the top. When I asked how much it was only $40, so now I have the top of an Incredible Hulk. Probably just going to mount a light in it and hang it on the wall. It could have been better, but I'm actually quite happy.

DSC_0476.JPG 238 KB

Nice

#59 9 years ago

Todays the day...can't wait to see what it was...

#60 9 years ago

Last time I did that it ended up being one of my grail machines.

20140617_221252.jpg20140617_221252.jpg

#61 9 years ago

Had it happen to me about 3 years ago. When I got into the garage it was a Star Gazer. Needed restoring but it was complete for $200.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Had it happen to me about 3 years ago. When I got into the garage it was a Star Gazer. Needed restoring but it was complete for $200.

Ok that just makes me sick!

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Can't beat 40 bucks, that's just dinner in a diner. I got Space Invaders and Bally Playboy heads/backglasses that way.

#64 9 years ago

SUPER LUCKY! No wait..... not really. It was a big top. I took it for free, but I was really not a happy camper. I'm thinking about burning it lll

#65 9 years ago

I do it all the time, thats how you get good deals and don't overpay for shit.

#66 9 years ago

The Gottlieb or Wico version?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I think you'll be fine moving it by yourself.

no_escalera_needed.jpg 46 KB

i had one of those!

either way, this thread is fun.

#68 9 years ago

Still way better than a Brunswick Alive! Post some pics of your score!

#69 9 years ago

Did you really just complain about a free pinball machine?

#70 9 years ago

Does it work?

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Can't beat 40 bucks, that's just dinner in a diner. I got Space Invaders and Bally Playboy heads/backglasses that way.

Yeah...cheaper then most artwork. I talked with the guy awhile too. He buys and sells a lot. Maybe it will turn into an even better deal in the future. It always helps to have others keeping an eye out for you.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

SUPER LUCKY! No wait..... not really. It was a big top. I took it for free, but I was really not a happy camper. I'm thinking about burning it lll

Give it to me then.

#73 9 years ago

I once was called by a friend who said he knew a lady that just wanted a pin out of her house. It had been sitting there a few years without being played and the kids were older now. Just come over and take it for free... It was a rolling stones machine in good condition and it started rite up. Fun day.

#74 9 years ago

A friend called me and said they now someone with an Indiana Jones pinball machine they rescued before a demolition. It is in a garage and I can have it since it does not work.

So I schedule a pick up, take a day off work . . .

Indiana Jones turned out to be a Black Pyramid. You know, some kind of adventure theme.

The reason the building was being demolished was from a fire on the second floor. This was on the first floor. So after the firemen turned the game into a fish tank they rescued it and let it simmer in the garage for 6 months. Can you say rust and mold?

I had to take the chance, but I lost on that one.

#75 9 years ago

Its the wico version. Ive been so annoyed by it that its still sitting in my truck

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Its the wico version. Ive been so annoyed by it that its still sitting in my truck

Give it to someone who wants it then, easy peasy

#77 9 years ago

Ouch... But you'd do it all over again! They won't all be big tops...

#78 9 years ago

Even if the game is trashed there will likely be something to use as wall art.

#79 9 years ago

If it's not a Wico that's on CL, it's usually a demo derby, or a brunswick alive or alpine pin. It's amazing how many of those crap machines have survived, and somehow the owners think it's a "real" pinball machine because it has legs.

#80 9 years ago

I am sure you will find a taker. Pics when ya calm down.

#81 9 years ago

sorry to hear that, you know thats not a bad little kids machine. plug it up let the kids go crazy with it. or maybe some spare err parts? anyways I agree dont burn it but maybe make someone elses day with it who is trying to get into the hobby

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

sorry to hear that, you know thats not a bad little kids machine. plug it up let the kids go crazy with it. or maybe some spare err parts? anyways I agree dont burn it but maybe make someone elses day with it who is trying to get into the hobby

I have to agree with rollinover. Those Wico Big Top machines are easy to fix up and are a fun way for kids or someone new to get into the hobby cheaply. I bought a Big Top machine, where the electronics didn't work and I fixed it easily. It has a few broken plastics but overall it was a fun electronics project. Well worth the time and money. I think in a few weeks I'm going to craigslist for $75. If it doesn't sell then maybe I'll clean it up a bit and donate it to the library, minus the chimes. Those home model pinball machines aren't crap but they are over priced generally. People think just because it's a pinball machine it must be worth a ton of money.

I go on mystery pinball trips always hoping I'll find the holy grail of pins but never have. Maybe next time and it never hurts to keep looking.

#83 9 years ago

I sold a cheap Sinbad project to a young kid last Winter. He had a couple Wico Big Tops that he had learned repair on and was ready to move on to a commercial machine. I thought it was cool that someone that young was interested in the machine not only to play but to advance his repair skills. It also sounded like his family really enjoyed having Big Top around to play.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Half hour trip free game take a chill pill.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

atlanta.craigslist.org link

did you sell it already to someone down here haha? good luck with the pin. if you don't want it maybe could donate it where kids could play it to get more interest in the hobby.

#86 9 years ago

Disappointment...

image.jpgimage.jpg
#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Disappointment...

image.jpg 99 KB

That is freakin priceless. Who is suing who? Oh... I thought Hooters was suing her because she misrepresented her breast size in her job interview. Otherwise, how did she get hired by Hooters?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Fireball Home Edition is my guess

EXACTLY what I was thinking, lol. If this is the case, it could be a lot worse...

#89 9 years ago

Free if someone wants it. It works!

Photo on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM #2.jpgPhoto on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM #2.jpg Photo on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM.jpgPhoto on 10-3-14 at 9.58 AM.jpg
#91 9 years ago

You need to find a young guy who wants to start playing around and learning about how pinball machines work.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they printed the backglass backwards.

I have heard stories regarding Wico games. But I never noticed the left handed shooter lane before.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-go-look-at-a-mystery-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.