3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

If so, how did you go about logistics of making sure each person was holding up their end of the deal? Or are trades generally a strictly in-person transaction?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

#2 3 years ago

I’ve traded games in person about 10 times. I don’t think it would be impossible BUT, after successfully trading in person 10 times, I would strongly recommend NOT doing this.

The ONLY way I would personally attempt this is if I have known the other person for many years... either on pinside, or elsewhere in the pinball community.

One word of wisdom. The less patient you become as a pinball buyer, the more likely you are to be scammed, mislead, or be taken advantage of... be patient and don’t let your guard down!

Some shippers will drop off your item and pick up the other parties item at the same time, and you both could potentially split the cost and save some time/$. Much less likely to have issues if only using one shipper.

It could be less stressful if both machines are true HUO machines... but I have seen many people flat out lie about conditions or simply not know any better.

#3 3 years ago

2 pin owners, 2 blind pins (Trade receiver can't see/demo first), massive expense, and 2 ship companies:
    That is a formula for disaster.

Ship distance trading is for the filthy rich only.
    Even then, usually done only between solid acquaintances.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks to you both, this is what I needed to hear to confirm my instincts. Appreciate the advice!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Thanks to you both, this is what I needed to hear to confirm my instincts. Appreciate the advice!

I have thought about asking others about trading over shipping just due to my location. Not many to choose from up here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-done-a-trade-via-shipping?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.