(Topic ID: 63011)

Anyone ever deal with Lisa & Brian Weissmann?

By bstyles

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hlaj78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

A month or so back I purchased a Monster Bash from Lisa and Brian Weissmann. If memory serves me, the game was advertised on Mr. Pinball Classifieds.
    My conversations were strictly with Lisa.

Unfortunately, despite pictures and her description, she failed to mention that the Williams speaker panel was cracked & repaired at both hinge areas. I can't seem to find an original, and I'm told the repros are sub-standard and they cost $300 bucks.

I attempted to resolve the problem, but Lisa went into ignore mode, leaving me a very disappointed customer.

My question to the group is has anyone else had a good or bad dealing with the Weissmanns? I'm guessing by her email that they've been in the hobby for some time: [email protected].

If so, any advice? The only thing worse than getting less than you bargained for is a seller that just plain ignores you and doesn't even try to help resolve the issue.

-Brian

#2 10 years ago

Can't help you with your question, but I did notice this speaker panel last night when I was looking for something on my MM (not sure if this is a NOS unit, but might be worth checking with Terry to find out):

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2925

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Buckman:

Can't help you with your question, but I did notice this speaker panel last night when I was looking for something on my MM (not sure if this is a NOS unit, but might be worth checking with Terry to find out):
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2925

If Marco is selling repops for $289, I doubt Terry is selling NOS for $200, however, I've sent him a message to find out for sure.

By the way, can anyone provide any opinions as to the quality and fit of the repop panel(s), as well as any information on if more than one company is making them?

-Brian

#4 10 years ago

These might be the same ones that Terry sells, not sure:

http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=98

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

These might be the same ones that Terry sells, not sure:

http://www.illinoispinball.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=98

Yeah Terry is buying them from Gene

#6 10 years ago

I almost had a heart attack, because I'm Lisa, and my salesguy is Brian Wiseman. I thought you were talking about us. We just got in a Monster Bash, too. Just to be clear, this isn't anything to do with us.

#7 10 years ago

Not to be a contrarian and not attempting to defend the particular seller, but I thought these used game sales were "buyer beware" and "as is" sales.
    What one person notices as a problem may not be a care for another.

#8 10 years ago

One time I found a booger stuck to the underside of a HUO game I bought. I was infuriated...

You ship a pin, it's the risk you take. You really have no gripe at all unless the seller specifically said "The speaker panel is perfect". And even if they said so, anyone can make a mistake. It's not worth worrying about over roughly 2% of the total cost of the machine you bought is it??? You should probably just let it go and move on.

These types of risks always come hand in hand with the convenience of using the internet and 3rd party shipping to provide collectors with what they want. No matter if it's a pinball, classic car, or pez dispenser.

#9 10 years ago

Hey Lisa from Cadillac
    You might want to update your cadillacpinball web photos, since the current photo of that AFM was bought be me back in November 2012. I can vouch that Cadillac Music and Pinball is a very good seller and I an very happy with that AFM. I updated it with a color dmd and put in mirror blades and is a keeper in my collection. So hats off to Cadillac. So since that was nice of me can I buy that Monster Bash for under 5k now Brian. Thanks

#10 10 years ago

Hi folks,

I have bought enough collectible stuff in my life to understand the risks and the rules of remote purchases. I don't need a lesson in the obvious. I do understand buyer beware, but when you do your homework and are intentionally deceived, then what? Do you just take it? Oh wait, I forgot about our government and corporate Amerika that has no accountability anymore -- so why should any of the people in this country be any different?

Back on point - I also am not the type to sit back and be taken advantage of. My reason for posting isn't to help myself -- but rather the warn the next person that may attempt a purchase from a less than reputable seller. I'll buy a repro speaker panel and move on. But how many other people may purchase from this seller and take $220 penalties? The answer is that none should have to!

In my case, I have a lot of emails from the seller describing the game as perfect and flawless. I also know the damage didn't happen in shipment, since there was evidence of old glue repair to the damaged area. No, the seller knew of the flaw and selectively omitted that from the description. Ultimately I received less than I bargained for.

I've been hurt a few times on remote purchases, and that's why I champion using our online communities to bring awareness to specific people that should potentially be avoided if enough people voice they've had problems with them.

Anyway, to all those that have provided helpful comments..... thank you.

-Brian

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

I have a lot of emails from the seller describing the game as perfect and flawless.

Great, but you didn't tell us that in the beginning, so nobody knew how it was advertised. All you said was:

Quoted from bstyles:

Unfortunately, despite pictures and her description, she failed to mention that the Williams speaker panel was cracked & repaired at both hinge areas.

#12 10 years ago

Did you inspect the pin before buying?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-deal-with-lisa-brian-weissmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.