(Topic ID: 273621)

anyone ever been in prison?

By JohnnyPinball007

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I have been in jail:”

• once 19 votes
      11%
    • never 141 votes
      79%
    • more times than I care to count 19 votes
      11%

(179 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B128ADAA-FCFA-4036-A46C-569437ABEAEC (resized).png
    9C9C051A-C40B-46F7-8346-70889E9CD2A1 (resized).jpeg
    DD7586E3-F6A9-4172-8780-6B949C809FF4 (resized).jpeg
    D1C81B95-AAA3-416F-BB9C-0E8150BA31C1 (resized).jpeg
    21EA4F2E-0B45-4E54-83D7-6339923E6985 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 8.51.51 PM (resized).png
    rapegame1 (resized).jpg
    D600CFA5-F3F3-4767-A8B4-BF7E3B16C3F0 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    CFCEED22-44AD-40ED-BF8D-03FB107D9B0B (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    pasted_image (resized).png
    55EF9E65-7892-4BC3-BD6B-A46F4C89D7C8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

Nine Months behind the iron curtain for trying to leave east Germany to live in freedom.

I honestly got a tear in my eye reading this post. People with your background have my utmost respect; you guys endured hardships many of us can scarcely conceive, and are an ongoing source of inspiration.

I was born and bred in the USA and never lived under the tyranny you experienced; the freedom and peace of mind I’ve enjoyed my entire life was only possible because of the immense sacrifice and hardship endured by my ancestors.

You overcame similar, and probably worse, adversity (I’m sure the time behind bars is just the “tip of the iceberg”), but know that your tenacity could potentially pay great dividends for many generations of your descendants to come!

Also, if you enjoy modern Classical music I would HIGHLY recommend the music of Arvo Pärt if you haven’t already discovered him; he has a similar background as yourself (fled religious and other discrimination in Soviet Estonia to W. Berlin, with all the hardship that entailed), and composes deeply emotional and spiritual pieces in a minimalist style where the silence between the notes is just as expressive as the notes themselves. A good place to start is with the ECM releases “Tabula Rasa” and “Alina” (both readily streamable); this is some if the most astonishingly moving and spiritual (NOT religious!) music I have ever heard, and both of those albums bring me to tears, even after hearing them dozens of times.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-been-in-prison?tu=thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.