(Topic ID: 238693)

Anyone else’s opinion changed on deadpool?

By davijc02

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by redman822
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9386.JPG
IMG_9385.JPG

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

New software is better and the game shoots okay, but I still feel like it’s a little plain and it needs a fun feature beyond the sword lock shot, which is pretty cool when it goes.

The art is still great, and the music and calls are good. I still don’t care for the “video game” aesthetic on the LCD but it’s not a day ruiner.

Still, if I wanted a pure shooter with no toys... I’d go for Iron Maiden.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Use pliers to squeeze end of guides toward each post. If spade bolts are overtightened guides can rotate inboard and close down the exit. This causes rattles & also alters aim of shot. You may have to loosen 2 spade bolts near end of guides slightly- squeeze then just snug spade bolt. Make sure guides are clean and try not to scar the guides with pliers. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info. I missed the bulletin on this one.

#53 5 years ago

Game is bad ass. Who wrote the code for this game by the way?

#54 5 years ago

Love it! It’s the game I play most in my collection. Theme integration is perfect, humorous callouts, unique non fan lay out, mixture of hard and easy shots, great art and good rule set.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Game is bad ass. Who wrote the code for this game by the way?

Tanio Klyce

#56 5 years ago

its growing on me as well. when i first unboxed it and played it i thought , i hope i can trade this for a maiden , now i will keep it and buy a maiden.

#57 5 years ago

My DPLE katana ramp is smooth as butter as it is!! You should look at Pink Monks color inserts for this pin!!Color is better than the white inserts they had installed!! I have thought this pin rocks from the start! I bought it instead of the "Beatles"that I waited 3 years for!!!!

1 month later
#58 4 years ago

He freakin nailed it. So much attention to detail, variety, and breadth of rules. Game is legit.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

He freakin nailed it. So much attention to detail, variety, and breadth of rules. Game is legit.

He sure did.

Your Premium plays great. Katana shot is awesomeness. That was one of my best first impressions of a pin ever! Unique shots/layout that is very satisfying to shoot. Love the art, sounds, call outs (humor) and the rules are excellent.

I want one!

#60 4 years ago

sucks

#61 4 years ago

How good is the code? Compared to what i think is the best code ever realised, TWD code?

#62 4 years ago

For the record, I always liked the Deadpool pin! Didn’t have to change my opinion at all.

#63 4 years ago

Tanio did a great job. Super nice guy too.

+1 for virelands insert lens mods. Must have.

#64 4 years ago

When this game first came out I was skeptical because the code needed a ton of work, but that’s what TANIO did and now this game is just well AWESOME

#65 4 years ago

I picked up a Pro from the first run (at a launch party). I’ve been quite happy with it. I really like that it took some chances and isn’t like my other games. Little DP, the Katana ramp, and the left loops are all nice features.
As an average player, the best thing for making the Karan regularly is proper pitch.

#66 4 years ago

Dp is a beast , i am getting one next week i now wait till the code is done cause many times i was really mad that games do not get code it deserves but Tanio did a Freakin awesome job with DeadpooL .

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

How good is the code? Compared to what i think is the best code ever realised, TWD code?

Nowhere close to TWD, but a ton of fun to play now. So many nice little touches and the retro sound effects from games and tv shows are awesome. It's a really fun pin now. I hope they have more improvements and mini-modes still to come, but if they never did any more I could still recommend it as it sits now. I could NOT say that for a long time after it was released.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Tanio did a great job. Super nice guy too.
+1 for virelands insert lens mods. Must have.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm biased, but just like Iron Maiden, when I see a Deadpool pin with factory all-white mode lights (and to a lesser extent, multiplier lights) it just looks wrong to me now.

#69 4 years ago

My favorite was Deadpool, my #2 was Beatles and #3 was JJP Pirates. Wonka was down the list a few more, it was fun but I'm not interested in it to purchase. This was all based on a lot of gameplay at MGC this year, wasn't feeling Black Knight as much, but it was fun overall, cool music.

#70 4 years ago

I just picked one up after selling my first one due to code. Let’s see what’s changed!

#71 4 years ago

when the game first was released i really didnt know much about it. never really had a good game on it. last month i decided to revisit the game after taking a quick read of the rules. I will say WOW! The code is great. learned the katana shot and can nail it almost every time. eventually learned how to hit the cyclops shot. left flipper backhand and its smooth as butter. deep enough and plenty of fun.

#72 4 years ago

I liked it at the start, but am loving it with all the updates they have done to the code!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.