(Topic ID: 238693)

Anyone else’s opinion changed on deadpool?

By davijc02

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by redman822
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9386.JPG
IMG_9385.JPG

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

When released I just didn’t care for deadpool at all! The other day I decided to give an LE on location a chance with the newest code installed and I had a blast!

I typically would play IMDN more as I enjoy that game as well, however, I found myself only wanting to play deadpool.

I went from never caring about that game to now wanting to own one. Anyone else have this change of heart towards this game?

#2 5 years ago

Ive liked it since release.... however in typical pinside fashion it had lots of hatred like most new releases.... even knowing it was basic early code. Then months later it starts gaining steam once more people play it and the code getting better. Same thing happens almost ever time a new pin is revealed. Those haters sld know how things work by now...however i think people just like something to complain about.

#3 5 years ago

Yes it's improved a lot with the latest code

#4 5 years ago

I have mine on location and didn’t care playing it while I was there and always choose on of the other 5 to play.
Now I need to play at least one game of deadpool before I leave
The software has improved this game a LOT!

Guardians suffered of the same problem but is als very good now!

#5 5 years ago

My general rule with Stern pins is to wait a year before I buy, I know you shouldn't have to and its would be better if a game released with full code and no fixes required but thats not the case, thats pinball. I used to buy upon release and since I adopted the 1 year wait premise I couldn't be happier. I recently put some good time in on a Deadpool pro and loved it. Not a theme I want to own but good game.

#6 5 years ago

I picked one (Pro model) up at a launch party and have bens happy from the beginning. My only criticism can’t be fixed with code. I’m an average, at best, player, and I can’t make the lock ramp very often.
Overall, it’s a fun game with a good theme.

#7 5 years ago

I played a few on location and while fun, never once thought about owning one. I was selling my super mario pin locally and had a guy offer me Deadpool pro in a trade. Best decision I’ve made in a while. My wife has been asking to play every day. We are really enjoying Deadpool, so much so, I am looking for a premium.

#8 5 years ago

Fun game, doesn't really nudge me to keep feeding it quarters though...

#9 5 years ago

Yes it has improved but I still don't like it enough to own my only complaint is the snikt shot is to valuable.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I played a few on location and while fun, never once thought about owning one. I was selling my super mario pin locally and had a guy offer me Deadpool pro in a trade. Best decision I’ve made in a while. My wife has been asking to play every day. We are really enjoying Deadpool, so much so, I am looking for a premium.

Nice! I like how your wife has to ask you to play your pins!

#11 5 years ago

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I just can't get into it. I like that they tried something different with the layout, but I think it shoots poorly.

#12 5 years ago

Huh... I actually just updated my Deadpool rating. My opinion on Deadpool has definitely gone up with the latest few code releases. I think it's a fun game with a lot of potential.

#13 5 years ago

i played one at a bar in Portland Maine and unfortunately I couldn't hear the game because of the noise. Thought it was a fun game to play!

#14 5 years ago

Love my LE.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

When released I just didn’t care for deadpool at all! The other day I decided to give an LE on location a chance with the newest code installed and I had a blast!
I typically would play IMDN more as I enjoy that game as well, however, I found myself only wanting to play deadpool.
I went from never caring about that game to now wanting to own one. Anyone else have this change of heart towards this game?

Funny you posted this. I just posted in the owners group that when DP was released...I didnt care for it. I watched the stream and thought it was kiddish. I never gave it much more thought. I got to play on location, and holy hell....thought it was great! I read in tge ratings, the premium flows a little better with the left orbit....and the ball returns on the right ramp.
This has been my favorite Stern unboxing yet....

#16 5 years ago

All I know is it's making me a crap-ton of money on location. But it is a fun game to play when I do play it.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

All I know is it's making me a crap-ton of money on location. But it is a fun game to play when I do play it.

It's my favorite location pin currently. I like how the shots feel different from any other Stern and I hear the code is getting better. I still don't know the rules well enough to judge. It may end up in my game room someday although Spike reliability is always in the back of my mind. I'd buy one tomorrow if it came with a set of spare boards!

#18 5 years ago

I just played a PRO version at ArcadeExpo at Banning, CA recently and must say.... The code has matured since the release and in the right direction. It was satisfying on most shots... I like the mode that combines fighting one of the characters plus having to hit the Deadpool drop targets. Its nice having to target those drop targets instead of just hitting the same "flashing <Enter Color> shots".

Also, I only know of Deadpool from the movies and not the comics nor video games. Is it me or would this game "feel better" if Ryan Reynolds would have been better voice to use?

It's a shame the NC-17/R-Rated version of deadpool was passed. That would make me really LOVE this machine. Think about the satire callouts that could have been added!!

Overall, I have changed my decision on Deadpool for the better. Might pick one up in the future.

#19 5 years ago

Sure, I didn't really like it when it came out, now I do, great ruleset.

And the main concern many of us had - that you wouldn't be able to make that lock shot after a while - hasn't proven credible, even on location games. Guess the geometry is better than I expected!

It still has a couple things I don't like - mainly dumb playfield X and Jackpot shots that are pretty much impossible to shoot on purpose.

#20 5 years ago

At first I did not like it, now I don’t like it even More. I’ve played 20-30 games on it and have not once enjoyed my experience. Fun fact, dead pool was the first and only game I ever paid to play and walked away from it leaving my 3rd ball in the machine... my first and second balls were pretty long. Just extremely boring. Not a fan but to each their own.

#21 5 years ago

The gameplay is okay. Art is awesome. I'm not surprised is a great location earner, but I wouldn't have one at home.

I still think it has one of the funniest callouts I've ever heard. I put a quarter in and got, "goodbye, hard-earned money!"

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

The gameplay is okay. Art is awesome. I'm not surprised is a great location earner, but I wouldn't have one at home.
I still think it has one of the funniest callouts I've ever heard. I put a quarter in and got, "goodbye, hard-earned money!"

People here don't think it's funny because there's no foul language.

#23 5 years ago

So what are the things that make Deadpool great with updated code? I played a pro and premium soon after they came out. The ball struggled to get around the katana ramp on the pro. Premium played smoother but still had a bit of clunkiness. Interesting layout and playfield is a looker but can't say it clicked for me. Played through different modes and nothing stood out. Biggest takeaway was how annoying the callouts and lil deadpool were. Feel like the intent was to be obnoxious and annoying so maybe I am an old fart and don't get the humor.

#24 5 years ago

I liked the shots when it came out but thought it was a boring game, with the new code its one of my favorite games. All the multiballs are super fun. There are a lot of awards people dont know to go for. I love how basically everything is stackable. You can choose your own adventure in a lot of ways and even though youre playing the same 5 battles and quests, theyre always different based on what you bring into it or start during. Tons of hidden awards and bonuses and the multipliers and teamups are dope. Really really fun game now, and it might even get more fun. People complain about the katana ramp but that’s on the operator. If the operator sets it up properly, the shots fit like a tailored glove. Im considering buying an LE as im shocked theyre still available, but i actually prefer the drop targets. Big fan, great job by stern. Im hopeful that the munsters will get a huge upgrade with code updates, cause like the new deadpool it feels empty now, but im sure they’ll fine tune it as well.

#25 5 years ago

i played a pro last week and the week before and loved playing it , pure fun , fighting bad guys and monsters , shark... make the good shots and earn more points and bonus , freakin love it , art is insane the color pops out , callouts and music is Perfect . i want one

#26 5 years ago

I got the DPLE and MunstersLE at the same time last week. Both fun pins. However, I think DPle is a better pin because the code is better. It just has that StreetFigher 90s theme to it. Love the fights between the different bosses. Maybe Cleland can make a Ryan Reynold sound mod for it?

#27 5 years ago

It was good on day 1 and now it's great

#28 5 years ago

I went from thinking it was a dud to something I now look forward to playing. It's on a similar trajectory to GOTG for me.

#29 5 years ago

I didn't think I'd be interested in it when it was released, but recently tried a DPLE at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. Both myself and a friend who was with me were really surprised by how much fun we had with it. I really like it. So much so, that I'm considering it for my next game. I've never played a pro, but I don't think I'd want to do without the ability to loop around from the left orbit up onto the katana ramp and back to the right flipper. That loop with the katana ramp mech felt really good to me, so I'm considering a premium.

I was also a big fan of the early to mid 90's fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, so incorporating that old school video game vibe with pinball just made it a real winner in my book.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Nice! I like how your wife has to ask you to play your pins!

It’s nice when she actually wants to play pinball together. That makes the hobby so much more enjoyable.

#31 5 years ago

Deadpool is one of my top pins! So fun.

#32 5 years ago

Played it recently and had some good fun. Mech suit multiball is a good addition to that time in the game where normally there isn't much to go for. Overall felt more polished. Had some good "kablam!" moments when hitting a super and defeating villains. Wished ninja and lil deadpool were more fun but overall thought much better of the game. Haven't reached wizard modes yet so hoping for some fun there when I do.

Code can't change katana shot. Frustratingly inconsistent and clunky but thankfully worked sometimes.

#33 5 years ago

Yes !! me and my brother played last week and with 0.99 software in , it was awesome , last time we played was 6 months ago , was a good pin but we c'ant put our finger on what changed it so much but now it feels solid and it is now one of our favorite game . its Stern's Sleeper.

Super job by Tanio Klyce on software !

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

even knowing it was basic early code.

Code should be updated to fix flaws and bugs, not by letting your customers play beta code and fix it when they complain. There should never be anything that's "basic early code" on the market.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Code should be updated to fix flaws and bugs, not by letting your customers play beta code and fix it when they complain. There should never be anything that's "basic early code" on the market.

Fully agree. But, unfortunately, it's the new Normal.

Just look at the people telling everyone to calm down and wait a couple of years for the code to get better. If I was able, I'd reach through my monitor and strangle these people for a little bit to try and choke some sense into them!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Just look at the people telling everyone to calm down and wait a couple of years for the code to get better. If I was able, I'd reach through my monitor and strangle these people for a little bit to try and choke some sense into them!

It continues to happen because *WE* allow it to happen.

If consumers were to put down their collective foot, and refuse to buy games with unfinished code, we'd quickly see new releases with complete code. Can you think of any other product in any other market that is intentionally sold in an incomplete state, with little more than a promise that someday it will be improved upon?

#37 5 years ago

Yeah, I did NOT like it at all at release. Two things changed that. One, the code got a LOT better, and two I figured out that the Prem/LE shoots less clunky than the Pro. I don't know why that is, but I'm not the only one that's experienced it. So a Prem/LE with the current code is a definite recommendation from me now, which I never thought I'd say based on what was released at launch.

#38 5 years ago

I sold mine months ago and will pick one up again someday

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

They make us wait for Code why not simply make them wait by not buying till it's already great ?

I like DeadpooL theme , but did not buy before knowing the code is really good , 7 months after release i feel it's awesome now , so i am getting one in the next weeks .

#40 5 years ago

Still not something I want to buy, but yes is a blast on route

#41 5 years ago

A few of us were just talking about this at league. We didn’t really like it at first. But it’s growing on us.

#42 5 years ago

Great game. The latest code updates have made it a blast to play.

The katana shot isn’t consistent, but that’s ok. When you do hit the sweet spot though it’s super rewarding.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

It continues to happen because *WE* allow it to happen.
If consumers were to put down their collective foot, and refuse to buy games with unfinished code, we'd quickly see new releases with complete code.

Do you even own any new games?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Do you even own any new games?

I make sure to play them all. Haven’t found one worth owning yet.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

The katana shot isn’t consistent, but that’s ok. When you do hit the sweet spot though it’s super rewarding.

The LE I was playing is dialed in then because I had no problems making that shot.

I look forward to putting in more games

#46 5 years ago

So my deadpool annoyed me a bit at first because the katana ramp would reject shots frequently. I was sent instructions to bend the rail a bit and now it shoots like butter. I recommend anyone who thinks the game is clunky to just bend that piece a bit. It is my favorite modern game now hands down. It is so damn fun. There are multiple strategies. The code is great. Also it has that amazing 90's old school arcade feel to it with the pixel graphics and old williams sound effects that just click the nostalgia button for me. 11/10 in my book.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So my deadpool annoyed me a bit at first because the katana ramp would reject shots frequently. I was sent instructions to bend the rail a bit and now it shoots like butter. I recommend anyone who thinks the game is clunky to just bend that piece a bit. It is my favorite modern game now hands down. It is so damn fun. There are multiple strategies. The code is great. Also it has that amazing 90's old school arcade feel to it with the pixel graphics and old williams sound effects that just click the nostalgia button for me. 11/10 in my book.

Which piece did you bend? Could you post the details?

#48 5 years ago

Use pliers to squeeze end of guides toward each post. If spade bolts are overtightened guides can rotate inboard and close down the exit. This causes rattles & also alters aim of shot. You may have to loosen 2 spade bolts near end of guides slightly- squeeze then just snug spade bolt. Make sure guides are clean and try not to scar the guides with pliers.

IMG_9385.JPGIMG_9385.JPGIMG_9386.JPGIMG_9386.JPG
#49 5 years ago

Those instructions are from Stern. Game played 100% better afterwards.

#50 5 years ago

I call them as I see them, honestly I didn’t really like the game when it first came out but as the code progressed and I got some more time to play on it, it’s really become a fantastic playing game. Tanio on lead code with a group of talented coders helping it’s become great. I am probably looking at buying a game in the near future for sure. Just not sure on pro or premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.