Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
METALICA 005.JPG
METALICA 001.JPG
SAM_1739.jpg
DSCN1609.JPG
WP_20130714_001.jpg

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 8 years ago

Stern need to hurry the phuk up and sort this out or ill demand my $ back and cancel the delivery.

#102 8 years ago

I disconnected the magnet and the lowering mechanism until the problem is solved because the ball was often released directly between the two flippers.

Yesterday, I saw my first ball lock as a friend made a shoot in the hole during a phatom hammer drop.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I disconnected the magnet and the lowering mechanism until the problem is solved because the ball was often released directly between the two flippers.
Yesterday, I saw my first ball lock as a friend made a shoot in the hole during a phatom hammer drop.

I also disconnected my magnet (as soon as the lock wasn't working as disabling in software doesn't work), with a lot of people having the same issues and with people reporting the magnet being hot, I would suggest everyone disconnects the magnet for now to prevent the magnet burning out and board damage - all would obviously have to be rectified by Stern but still would be a PITA

#104 8 years ago

I had mine disconnected for the first week and a half after I had it because of it getting hot. The new board did not change the issue. I was hoping to get the new magnet yesterday to install and see if that fixes it, but I didn't get it so it will be at least Monday before I get it. The magnet works fine in test, so I really don't think the magnet is the problem, but I will try it. I have been leaving the magnet connected, I have only been playing a couple games then turning the game off to let it cool. If I am going to be playing alot or friends are coming over to play I disconnect it. (I disconnect it by unplugging the connector under the PF between the magnet and the controller board for the magnet)
Last night Hubby was able to get coffin MB in a couple different games. (turning the game off and coming back after a bit to play again) I was never able to get it, there just never seems to be any rhyme or reason to when the magnet actually decides to activate or not...Had 1 ball come out of the pop bumpers directly after launch and the magnet caught it and locked it...Then I had others hit switches in the immediate area that it didn't even try to catch it...

Phoebe

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You need our Social Security # & D.O.B. too???

Yes. Thanks!~

#106 8 years ago

I really feel bad for you guys,hope Stern fix this ASAP!!!

But believe me it will be worth it,once everything works great it's
a killer game,my other pins are collecting dust,Hammer and Coffin
is badass and adds lots of fun to the game.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I had mine disconnected for the first week and a half after I had it because of it getting hot. The new board did not change the issue. I was hoping to get the new magnet yesterday to install and see if that fixes it, but I didn't get it so it will be at least Monday before I get it. The magnet works fine in test, so I really don't think the magnet is the problem, but I will try it. I have been leaving the magnet connected, I have only been playing a couple games then turning the game off to let it cool. If I am going to be playing alot or friends are coming over to play I disconnect it. (I disconnect it by unplugging the connector under the PF between the magnet and the controller board for the magnet)
Last night Hubby was able to get coffin MB in a couple different games. (turning the game off and coming back after a bit to play again) I was never able to get it, there just never seems to be any rhyme or reason to when the magnet actually decides to activate or not...Had 1 ball come out of the pop bumpers directly after launch and the magnet caught it and locked it...Then I had others hit switches in the immediate area that it didn't even try to catch it...
Phoebe

This exact same thing is now happening with mine (premium).. it seemed to get much worse with the latest code update, or something else coincidentally occurred around the same time. Sometimes I get phantom hammer drops too when the ball is nowhere close. Other times the magnet gives a "Addam's Family" effect on the ball (randomizing it but not grabbing it). I haven't felt my magnet for heat after a few games, although I will tonight. - Joe

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

This exact same thing is now happening with mine (premium).. it seemed to get much worse with the latest code update, or something else coincidentally occurred around the same time. Sometimes I get phantom hammer drops too when the ball is nowhere close. Other times the magnet gives a "Addam's Family" effect on the ball (randomizing it but not grabbing it). I haven't felt my magnet for heat after a few games, although I will tonight. - Joe

Sorry to hear this Joe!! It sounds like yours is doing just like mine! Although mine has been doing this from the start, the code made no difference in the way mine acts.
Hopefully they get it straightened out SOON!!!

Phoebe

#109 8 years ago

Has anyone heard back from Stern regarding this issue? I expected beta code, but I didn't expect a major playfield toy to be effectively useless! We're really enjoying the machine so far, but the complete silence from Stern isn't exactly reassuring - normally when a company releases a product with a major defect there is a level of communication that I'm certainly not seeing here. Has anyone received an update?

#110 8 years ago

Australian distributors received new code today that hopefully fixes the problem. Maybe Stern are waiting for results of testing before releasing into the wild.

#111 8 years ago

Any news, australian guys ?

#112 8 years ago

Hey DrJoe! I was just in Mars, PA this past weekend for the Monster Bash convention!

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Any news, australian guys ?

As of yesterday(Tuesday) they where still testing but we should know more in the next 6hrs as its early morning here

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Has anyone heard back from Stern regarding this issue? I expected beta code, but I didn't expect a major playfield toy to be effectively useless! We're really enjoying the machine so far, but the complete silence from Stern isn't exactly reassuring - normally when a company releases a product with a major defect there is a level of communication that I'm certainly not seeing here. Has anyone received an update?

Stern's lack of communication is well known to all Xmen owners sadly.

Great collection of games you have by the way!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Stern's lack of communication is well known to all Xmen owners sadly.
Great collection of games you have by the way!

Not just Xmen owners.

#116 8 years ago

Well our aussie friends, did the SW make any difference?

If you give us a quick overview, I promise not to mention cricket!

#117 8 years ago

Apparently,it is fixed by the new code.

#118 8 years ago

that's great news !!!

#119 8 years ago

I will find out for sure today, but they are saying on Aussie Arcade that 1.18 fixes the hammer issues.

#120 8 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/MTL118LE_NEW723.zip
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet since it is nearly midnight here in UK. I was sent the link from my distributor.

#121 8 years ago

118...oohhhh yaaaaa

#122 8 years ago

Yep all Aussie games are now fixed once the update is done and hammer works, mine should arrive soon very soon

#123 8 years ago

Very happy for you guys!

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/MTL118LE_NEW723.zip
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet since it is nearly midnight here in UK. I was sent the link from my distributor.

So is this a release just to fix the magnet problem. Code is not on their site yet. Just curious.

#125 8 years ago

Is the code for all games or only overseas models

#126 8 years ago

Someone installed yet...

#127 8 years ago

Wish I had my memory stick

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is the code for all games or only overseas models

+1

#129 8 years ago

I installed the code on my machine with the troublesome "coffin lock"

**seems** to have fixed the problem.

I only had enough time for 2 quick games but every time it caught the ball it dropped it.

Nothing else seems to be changed software wise.

The magnet still doesn't grab every ball that goes past it ... I think it still should be triggered by a shot to the captive ball block. That would make more sense to me. But it seems to be working as it is supposed to now.

I will test it further tonight and report back.

rd.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I installed the code on my machine with the troublesome "coffin lock"
**seems** to have fixed the problem.
I only had enough time for 2 quick games but every time it caught the ball it dropped it.
Nothing else seems to be changed software wise.
The magnet still doesn't grab every ball that goes past it ... I think it still should be triggered by a shot to the captive ball block. That would make more sense to me. But it seems to be working as it is supposed to now.
I will test it further tonight and report back.
rd.

Now that's great news! Cheers Dave

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So is this a release just to fix the magnet problem. Code is not on their site yet. Just curious.

Iam pretty sure this update is just for European (export) models that have had problems with the hammer and magnet, that is why it is not officially on the stern website.
Also it is so new they are not sure if it will fix everyone's machine.
I don't have time to check it until later tonight after work.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Iam pretty sure this update is just for European (export) models that have had problems with the hammer and magnet, that is why it is not officially on the stern website.

I think your right as rotordave said it still does not sence the ball quick enough 100% of the time . I just aim for the left edge of the snakes lip.

Hobbs

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I pick mine up tomorrow and my distributor said it is working fine, as he said it would 5 days ago.

#134 8 years ago

I just had 5 or 6 games.

The magnet dropped down every time but 1. So the problem is almost solved

Onwards and upwards.

rd

#135 8 years ago

I just tried the new software on my machine, and it works much better now.

I'm now able to lock some balls in the coffin. There are still some ghost hammering (hammer working with no ball locked on the magnet) but as i was unable to lock balls in the coffin before this update, it's a big step in the right direction. Otherwise, i didn't notice another changes in the gameplay.

#136 8 years ago

This is good news.

Well done Stern for a relatively quick fix.

#137 8 years ago

The same here, hammer lock works great, but still a few ghost hammerings...
great job !!

#138 8 years ago

I only played about 10 games total. Didn't get any ghost hammering ... But I didn't have many of those before either.

Had a few "non drops"

Before it was probably 10 holds - 1 drop (maximum!!)

Now it is 10 holds - 8 drops.

So much much better.

But still not 100%.

I still haven't got a email reply from Patrick. Nor a return phone call. Hey, it was only two weeks ago ...

rd.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey DrJoe! I was just in Mars, PA this past weekend for the Monster Bash convention!

Damn Ted...you should have let me know!!! Next time...

#140 8 years ago

Next year fer sure!

#141 8 years ago

Besides the update for the fix I'm surprised no updates since end of June.

#142 8 years ago

If you take a look at the readme file of this new version, you can see that it implements a bypass of the magnet sensor, the code assume that the ball is on the magnet even if the sensor says 'no'. So, at my opinion, this code is just temporary solution waiting a real solution.

This readme confirms the presence of a sensor on the magnet but on my LE, I don't see any cables in the area of the magnet except the two to energize it. Is it the same on the ones that work in 1.16 ? (Picture if possible).

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Besides the update for the fix I'm surprised no updates since end of June.

I saw something new with 1.18 that I aint seen before.

Got light extra ball from mystery

poibug

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I only played about 10 games total. Didn't get any ghost hammering ... But I didn't have many of those before either.
Had a few "non drops"
Before it was probably 10 holds - 1 drop (maximum!!)
Now it is 10 holds - 8 drops.
So much much better.
But still not 100%.
I still haven't got a email reply from Patrick. Nor a return phone call. Hey, it was only two weeks ago ...
rd.

I had email asking to phone him last night but was too busy revising for an exam.
Tried new code-defiantely improved - tho before it was knackered 95% of the time so not hard to improve : )
Now I am at least getting coffin locks,tho have had a few phantom magnet/hammer drops.

Will report back after more play testing.

poibug

#145 8 years ago

I'm updating at this Moment, I will hope that the hammer smashes then! Without Hammer and Multiball, there's no fun...

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from pvhtv:

Without Hammer and Multiball, there's no fun...

That's what SHE said!

#147 8 years ago

I don't know how you could not have some phantom hammers. If the ball grazes the magnet sensor (not enough to catch) and you do not hit any switches then it will fire. I can see this scenario with the ball rolling down from sparky close to the magnet then hitting the top of the sling or some other dead area.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

I saw something new with 1.18 that I aint seen before.
Got light extra ball from mystery
poibug

I've had it twice on 1.16. Rare, but not new :\

#149 8 years ago

I have a good few games with the new update, first impressions it seems to work now. How ever I still haven't completed the mulit ball even though I have hit it about 20 times in the same game. I got as far as locking 2 balls in one game. Not sure if I have to hit the fuel targets or something else to activate it?
But the main thing is that when it grabs the ball it knocks it down straight away. Although when it wasn't working properly it tried to lock it a lot more than now. Now it is a rare thing for it to grab it and then hammer it.

#150 8 years ago

YES!!!
Now it works. Fine! In SW 1.18 are many options more than in 1.16.

There are 230 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside