(Topic ID: 15155)

Anyone else think the T-Rex on JP could be cooler? Who has a JP FS?

By BackAlleyMatt

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by smerff
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
jp_east_dock_sign_blog.jpg
DSC01010_(Large).JPG
DSC01001_(Large).JPG
DSC01000_(Large).JPG
Brachiosaur2.PNG
Brachiosaur1.PNG
before_after_t-rex.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago

I *LOVE* JP the way it is, but I have had a few ideas every now and again...

The first is like you said, the doors for the gate would be cool to actually be molded, and as for them opening and closing, I think it would be neat to do that based on the diverter on the ramp -- when the diverter opens to return the ball to the left lane, close the doors. It should theoretically be possible (although is probably more work than I would ever care to do to install it) and would make it so that you are never shooting the closed doors.

The Control Room could have something sculpted to go above it that integrates the two lights and actually makes it look more like a control room. I've always thought it was odd how it is just the two lights above it. The bunker is less of a big deal, but could be the same way.

The boat dock shot in the back is screaming out to have something boat-dock-ish added to it.

The little metal box that says, "SHOOT T-REX WHEN LIT" would be way better to be either a stalled jeep from the movie, or something else. Maybe wired so that the light triggers the brake lights on the jeep. I once saw someone do a mod something like this with a small JP Matchbox car style toy, and it looked okay, but it still had the light sticking out the top and I didn't like that.

Finally, the thing that I feel like needs it more than anything, and the thing that I have honestly tried coming up with something for a couple times -- the Raptor Pit is one of the most intimidating shots in any game, and yet it isn't celebrated at all. I love the mounted Ram on BBH for the similar shot. I have tried unsuccessfully mounting a raptor toy back there (it looks like a raptor toy). Other ideas would be building up the sides of it in 3D just a little to make it actually look like the raptor pit, and / or even putting a little top on it with the trees or whatever. It has always bothered me that the game has something that celebrates pretty much every other shot except for the most dangerous one in the game... that has nothing. The stupid captive ball shot right next door has the amazing mosquito in amber... why doesn't the raptor pit have *something*?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-think-the-t-rex-on-jp-could-be-cooler-who-has-a-jp-fs?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.