(Topic ID: 177281)

Anyone else repair games at a NYE party?

By PoMC

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by nman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

A friend of ours had a NYE party and he has a few pins (not a pinhead, just has them) and a MAME machine. I actually thought to load up a small toolbox with LEDs, rubber, etc, just in case the party had any lulls in the action. But I wasn't expecting the games to need actual repairs, just figured maybe I'd lightly shop and spruce up the pins.

Road Show was resetting every time the left flipper button was pressed. Fixed it, replaced the filthy slings and flipper rubber with colored rubber.

No Fear had all the GI and backbox lights out. Fixed it and replaced the rubber like on RS.

Neo Geo arcade machine converted to MAME using a JAMMA adapter - arcade monitor had no power. Fixed it and updated it with the latest emulator rom versions.

Touchscreen jukebox - He installed a new juke app recently because the default app stopped working. I brought my portable drives with me, so I upgraded the default app and updated all the music and videos with my current collection.

Funny listening to the shock of people when they see a playfield lifted and they never realized how mechanical and complex it looks under there.

Wondering if anyone else worked on some games while at a party last night?

#2 7 years ago

I went to a friends house a couple of days ago and spent most of the time fixing his games. I love it!

#3 7 years ago

I was manning four phones for tech support. And email. And Pinside forum and PM's. and Facebook PM's. And a few other things I'm forgetting.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago

Wow that's a lot of work! I need to start inviting you to my parties

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, had a target face break off and get wedged in the upper vuk on my wh2o. You're right, it was quite funny watching people's reactions to the raised playfield.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-repair-games-at-a-nye-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.