Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0660.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Because now all your other pins condition now bugs you? I always thought my bop and Batman were pretty nice but after buying my first NIB you can really tell they are just ok... I don't really regret the NIB but man alive it's going to be hard buying used again. Dang you NIB for spoiling me!

#2 11 years ago

Games were meant to be played, moved around when the receipts start declining, some lover's initials carved into the side, heads scratched through narrow doorways, license stickers on the backglass.

#3 11 years ago

Not any more. Now they are meant to be unboxed in the game room and modded out : )

#4 11 years ago

edit...

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

it's going to be hard buying used again

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Let me guess the NIB you bought was Transformers? That says it all, game is a huge let down for me...

Context amigo, context... read it again ; )

#6 11 years ago

Ya I did hahah...amigo

#7 11 years ago

Totally read it too fast...

#8 11 years ago

i buy my pinballs to play . yea they are nice when new but it don't bother me to have some with some history .

#9 11 years ago

Waiting on my first NIB...

I don't think it took a NIB to feel that way. I think it will be kind of a relief for once to have a game where I DON'T feel like it has to be a restoration project. Seems like everything I've touched for the last 8 months except for LOTR (Sold to pay for the NIB, lol...) has been a restoration project, either cosmetically or electronically. There's been no "easy fixes" for me recently...it's starting to wear thin. I see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

I'd like to stencil Space Shuttle before TPF. Other than that, I want to be DONE with working on games for a little bit!

#10 11 years ago

i regret the prices. the prem/le price tag's are getting stuipid

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

i regret the prices. the prem/le price tag's are getting stuipid

AMEN! I picked the worst time to start collecting as I just started a year ago. I see all the talk about the a listers 3 or so years ago and it makes me want to cry.

#12 11 years ago

I was lucky enough to start collecting years ago. I've modded/restored most of my games beyond looking NIB so I'm good.

I *have* bought NIB in the past, but I think the last one I got was WOF. I refuse to pay NIB prices these days. I'll buy used thank you.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

I was lucky enough to start collecting years ago. I've modded/restored most of my games beyond looking NIB so I'm good.
    I *have* bought NIB in the past, but I think the last one I got was WOF. I refuse to pay NIB prices these days. I'll buy used thank you.

Used HUO = NIB prices these days

#14 11 years ago

Yea. Almost all my games look nib. Not all but most. All of them play like a nib. You should fix up your older ones so you can't tell the difference.

#15 11 years ago

I have snagged 2 nib Sterns and a TSSP with 82 plays and no regrets but the pricing of the new games rolling off the line will keep me from jumping on any. Nice games and much higher pricing. It's cool cracking open a new boxed game but if you can find a nice one minus the box at a good price go for it.

#16 11 years ago

Never.

My Early 90's collection of W/B games, the ones I brought to life and cleaned up.. in average condition... are much more dear to me than our Tron LE.

And the Barracora that I fixed up for my mother, in all it's imperfect glory, is high up in my heart as well.

#17 11 years ago

I regret buying AC/DC Pro NIB, because I knew almost immediately I had to have the Premium. Will take a hit on the Pro. NIB Tron Pro 2d on the way.

#18 11 years ago

No, I love all my games

Some are NIB
    Some were rescued at an early age
    Some have earned a lot of $$ for an operator

....but they are all fun to play, and THAT is why I collect them

#20 11 years ago

BBH nib, best day ever!

DSCF0660.JPGDSCF0660.JPG

#21 11 years ago

I know what you mean. My Shadow and Vette are in great shape but the IJ's faded decals bugs me. lol

#22 11 years ago

Nope, IM and X-Men pro both bought NIB and I am very happy wih both of them and have no regrets at all.
    I will be grabbing Avengers NIB as well if the game is a winner, fingers crossed it is.
    I love NIB pin day!

#23 11 years ago

also hope avengers is not very good or i might have to pair it up with my nib xmen

#24 11 years ago

NIB can just be frustrating.. if you are looking for perfection.. it takes a couple to get used to the expectation of less than perfect.. cant beat the smell though

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

NIB can just be frustrating.. if you are looking for perfection.. it takes a couple to get used to the expectation of less than perfect.. cant beat the smell though

I've now unboxed 3 games new out of my 4 pin collection. They have all had flaws out of the box, so I don't have to feel like I need to treat them like museum pieces. Love that smell. It has faded from my TSPP over the years.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

You are correct that some are far from perfect or just will not work out of the box. My 2nd NIB purchase was a WOF from the Playdium deal. Game arrived from Canada without a mark on the box so that was a good sign. Moved it into the game room and was getting excited to launch that first ball then a few issues. I got the game set up and leveled then opened the balls which were actually slightly rusty so that was a no go. Grabbed some new balls from mt parts stash , added to machine , slid the glass on and pulled the shooter rod.....let go .... and no ball launch.

The shooter rod was so far off center the ball rattled around the lane and would not make it to the top and roll back. Take glass off , loosen shooter rod assy and re-center, slide glass on and I was playing pinball. One of the wire forms would trap the balls on the right side so that needed adjusted.

They are commercial vending machines #1 and house pets #2. In a perfect world everything is perfect but complex machines usually have something that needs tweaked.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've now unboxed 3 games new out of my 4 pin collection. They have all had flaws out of the box, so I don't have to feel like I need to treat them like museum pieces. Love that smell. It has faded from my TSPP over the years.

I wondered if you were a pinsider, enjoy that Tron brother, that thing has some nice flow. Thanks for giving Jake and I a chance to try out some great pins.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrpostman:

I wondered if you were a pinsider, enjoy that Tron brother, that thing has some nice flow. Thanks for giving Jake and I a chance to try out some great pins.

Anytime, sir. Thanks, again.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

cant beat the smell though

My LOTR still has that new pin smell when you open the coin door.... and I got it NIB Nov 2005

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-regret-buying-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.