(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 8 years ago

A couple of things-
    1. Pinball really needs investors or leverage to crash. There arent any investors and people are not charging these games, so no crash will happen anytime soon. Investors crash markets when they realize they can not make money anymore on what they "invested" in. Oh I meant collected. Wink. Leveraged investors are the worst and will really crash markets. People pay cash money for their pins. So people can afford them and if you can afford a pinball game chances are you are doing ok financially.

2. You can actually play these pinball! You can play by yourself or with family and freinds. Some have multipalyer also! When things get tight people get rid of stuff they cant use first. Like that $125,000 collectible you cant touch, or share with family or friends.

3. For those who say pinball is for a older, aging crowd, look at some of the titles that have came out recently like IM, Tron, Avengers, SM, Family Guy etc.. These titles are based on current new movies and other forms of entertainment, but they have a blend of retro also, like the superhero themes from comics 50 years ago or Tron from the 80's. Pinball has a nice mix of current and past with one title. I have been to barcades before in my travels and have seen tons of 20 somethings playing punball on a weeknight. I was blown away! I talked to a few on a bunch of differnet occasions and some had a reasonably priced game like T2, but wanted to get a Tron someday. They will when they have a few more bucks. The future is bright.

4. Anyone can afford a pin. You got $600 then you can get in the game. You may even enjoy your EM more than someone else enjoys their new LE! Heck you dont even need a pin to enjoy pinball. In Ga we have get togethers all the time and all are welcome. A very friendly, open community is what pinball is around here. Anyone who starts to play wants one though.

5. The best marketing pinball has is all of us right here! I have had people I didnt know come to my house to try some games and have purchased a game after playing mine. I have had neighbors buy their first pin after playing mine also. What is cool about pinball is that everyone has an opinion LOL! and helps others buy pins if they need advice. I have talked to many newbies abut their first pin purchase and helped them work it through. We were all there once. We are a small pond and dont need too many more people coming in every year to keep going strong. I will do my part. Will you do yours? PM me if you want to stop buy and play my RCT! Seriously.

6. On the "games arent selling fast" theme to this topic. It is not because buyers have no interest in the pins for sale. The SELLERS DONT LISTEN TO THE FUCKIN MARKET! That is the real problem. So sellers, dont fuckin bump your sale thread every day for over a month with no price drops, free delivery or added features or fixes. Dont fucking go off on the person who says you are overpriced in a nice way a month into your sale either. Dont complain if you have to lose 10% on what you paid for a pin 2 years ago either. That is nothing! If you cant deal with that then you are in the wrong hobby. Am I the only one here who agrees on this?

Those who say it is a buyers market could you please list off the screamming deals you see on the Pinside market or elsewhere, so we can see examples of what you are talking about? I dont see to many. $4800 IMVE huo with a shaker does not count and I own IM.

To be honest giving up the friends I made since getting into pinball would be a lot harder than letting my pins go. Just sayin'.

#225 8 years ago

Fair example of a good deal, OVD. Kind of an odd game and not on too many collectors radars though. First pin? Go for it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.