(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

Normally this time of year this topic comes up, however I believe saturation may soon be a problem, tons of new machines being pumped into to market, with all the new manufacturers it's clear sales are good. People are really maxing out their collections right now.

The day will come when the collector says, "I haven't played these in a few months, I suppose we should sell 1/2 of them". Not quite being ready to let go completely. The hobby remains but and I would expect the "keepers" value to remain strong, but the "okay" titles will bleed as they continue to hit the market. Just my thoughts

#226 8 years ago

Yeah I sold my ID4 for $1800 last year in a flash

I think moral of the story is, for every example, there is another to prove otherwise. It seems to me the really quickly inflated prices are calming down. There are enough new game options available ..... there is plenty of supply. Doesn't mean games aren't selling, just means less are selling for asking price (dreamers pricing).

Of course the folks which price games for the good no rate typically have no trouble.

#235 8 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Anytime your north of 4k it is harder to move a pin IMO.
    Unless you have a collector that sees value it, it will sit a while.
    From what I have heard even NIB sales have slowed since spring.
    We are going into the sellers market which will be up to two weeks prior to Christmas.
    Now there is a second sellers market end of Jan to March ...tax return market.
    I have always been able to sell between second week of Jan and March.

I think that's the key, remove the mods, why give them away? I on the other hand am willing to pay some for the mods, they are usually at a bargain. To me a Spider-Man with all the Back Alley Creations goodies, it worth more than one without.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.