(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I still am doing some window shopping.. SO I am still paying attention to pins and prices....
    I would agree. Unless the pin is truly priced to sell, it seems to be sitting. Which could be as simple as prices creeping up slightly and buyers not feeling it.
    Anecdotally though, it seems there are more higher priced, shopped out, fully restored, wanting top dollar pins for sale. As opposed to solid player machines priced reasonably.

I have been saying to myself when I see those ads, 'well how much without the add ons, leds and a little bit dirty?'

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from criss:

Look at the Vintage Guitar market crash , some of the numbers are staggering ( if you invested with the these things can not loose mentality , you cried a river of tears )
    It was expected to be one of the biggest auctions of the year, featuring some 300 examples of the finest vintage archtops and classical/flamenco guitars of the 20th century.
    But when the bidding began on Guernsey’s Artistry of the Guitar auction in Manhattan on April 2, the results were low.
    Make that shockingly low.

Em market will collapse , Pinball market will also collapse , just as the guitar market has .
    Define a Cheap EM ?
    I would say a $1000 EM is cheap compared to a 10K MM , would not you ?

I could have sworn another pinsider a while back stated the guitar market was ruined by impeccable forgeries that could not be discerned from the real deal.

Not a lot of pinball fakes going around.

#203 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I said I agreed with him......"no politics, no religion'.

Didn't John Lennon sing about that already?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maddog14.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=maddog14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.