(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugtm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Too many people wasting money and space on every new title that comes out whether they have played them or not. Lots of titles that become stale after a few months. Market saturation. The beginning of the end...

I don't agree because there is a finite amount of old pins and that pool is getting smaller every day.
    I don't even look at a new pin, can't afford it, but I am always looking...and sometimes buying, the older ones.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from criss:

It will not take as long as you think for the final mass collapse of pinball sales , put it this way most of those who own large collections and smaller one are say in their 40s , 50s .
    In 10 , 15 , 20, years they will be old men in their 60s 70s and ready to downgrade to smaller units , traveling etc . So they will have to dump most of their pins
    You have another section that like the old war farts who polish their tin badges re living the glory days , they will be polishing their pins till they die , And others who purchase thinking that pins are an investment , so they will forever be talking the market up ( they have skin in the game )
    But Just like most people do not care about the cars of their grandfathers and great grandfathers , they also don't care about pinball . we are in the peak of a pinball bubble ( Bubble = men/boys with lots of cash to splash on toys , this is what drives this market )

You fail to mention the next generation of pinball lovers...as in, our kids!
    Ya I am in my 50's, I meet your demographic but my two sons in their 20's can't wait to get a machine of their own...not to mention the fact that their kids (my grandkids) already can't wait to come over to pawpaws house to play some pinball.
    Life goes on....we can pass our love on to the next generation or we can die without sharing...I think I prefer to share.

#117 8 years ago

apples and oranges. Only a few % of the population can play guitar or appreciate the rarity.
    Everyone can play a pinball.

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from criss:

By you logic because everyone loves music , so they will all want to purchase ( at top dollar ) a Jukebox .
    So you are saying Pinball machines will forever be sought at the rate we see today ?
    My point re Guitars is these people purchase expecting the market to perform at a rate that will offer returns at an expected rate .
    Markets collapse and fall off the cliff ( this includes Pinball Machines )

Saying nothing of the sort (although I do own a jukebox! )

Your term "Everyone" is very off.... "everyone" doesn't go out and buy $2000 pinballs.

However, everyone (that does love music) will indeed buy something music related..that might be a record, a cd, a mp3, an ipod, a stereo system, or a jukebox...going right to jukebox is kind of extreme... I didn't start with a pinball...I started with an Atari 2600 back in the 70's..... I worked my way up.

My point was that it takes talent to play a guitar and it takes talent to learn how to play and those people are the lion-share of collectors market for guitars..is that a fair assumption?

It takes no talent what so ever to lug a pinball into the back of your truck and get it home and play it and then one day resale it.

Some of us are, but most of us are not, buying pins as an investment.

I don't know that the same can be said about guitar buyers....in fact I would wager that those people specifically got their guitar as an investment.

I buy pinballs because they are fun and I enjoy playing them and they remind me of my youth.

I am sure the same can be said of most guitar enthusiasts and chances are that the guitar they own at home is not worth a lot anyway..but for those that invest in guitars, it's really no shock that an investment could lose money. Isn't that the very definition? It's not called a "sure fire bet"..it's an investment.

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Ok, so far we have you're showing your higher education speaking skills with words like "dumb," "stupid," and "jackass."
    If you'd be so kind, please help this dumb, stupid liar of a jackass out with where you're getting this "Fox news" reference from, and more importantly what part of my sarcastic two-line joke is a "lie" and why have you not sought professional help for your anger management issues?
    To everyone else - -sorry for the off-topic replies. I really thought the original political joke was funny and didn't know it would butt-hurt anyone. Back on topic!

Political posts are always funny for about 50% of the people and they are insulting for the other 50%.
    Same with religious posts.

A good rule of thumb for most forums I stick with are simple... no politics, no religion. We have facebook for that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fugtm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=fugtm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.