(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pins aren't selling because Kaneda's not buying. End of story.

Kaneda would never start a thread without relevant experience or insight to offer - I'm sure he's had his LOTR on the market for months but just cannot find a buyer.

#239 8 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Personally I generally don't buy tables that have mods. I do get all my tables restored but aside from the switch to led's I generally prefer them to be bone stock. It's just personal preference, but that means I will look past ads for tables that have been modded.

All fair enough. Someone that mods the hell out of their games either won't be selling to you (and so has decreased their buying market by a decent chunk since there are others that feel as you do), or will have to strip the mods to sell to you, or leave the mods on and just write them off entirely. Of course if they're desperate to sell they may go with one of the later two options, and if you're desperate for a particular title you might buy it and pay something extra for the mods, with the intention of stripping them off and selling them to recoup some of your costs.

I'd bet most buyers are somewhere in the middle -- they like specific mods and would pay more for a game with those mods installed, but heavily discount mods they don't care about. In the end it's just one more basis for negotiating the sale price.

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Every single game I ever sold I added the price of the mods in full. (every game sold)

Ok, but did you do that for every game you sold, or just some?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.