(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveispinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago

I agree with all posts here and I wish you guys were local to sell to me. There are so many games that get modded beyond belief to drive up the cost and they don't change the game... They just change the personal enjoyment of the owner. They are 'sunk costs' in economic terms and sellers should consider all the enjoyment they got.

If I go to Vegas and lose some money (hope small) I chalk that up to 'entertainment.' As a result, if I lose $200, $400, I think I came out even. It was an experience like going to see a show.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats why I make all my mods easily removable and give the option to the buyer to purchase at a cheaper price without the mods . Your right most sellers dont tho

I don't think many sellers would take out all their mods. Maybe color DMD's and a few other items but for the most part sellers do not. You'd take out the piano, camera, car, lower LEDs, and other nonfunctional mods from your TZ? I wouldn't think so. Those don't have a good separate resale market.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep I wld if new buyer wanted and id keep them and use them on another pin or sell them on ebay if needed for a discounted price. The customer/ buyer is always right

Are you quoting the movie Space Jam? You don't have kids... maybe not...

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I think people only buy what they can afford to lose ? I hope no one is going in debt buying toys ? Most people I have meant are pretty well off and can afford to be in this hobby

You can't see credit card debt, car debt, school, house, etc debt on the surface. You can't see savings for college, retirement, etc. I think you'd be surprised what people do...

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

My mid sized private employer's wholesale business is doing just fine. We are in the building/remodeling industry. Nearly every employee received a raise this year, and our sales are up for a fifth straight year. Other friends of mine that sell items in a small "luxury" business are seeing their best year ever. Sure, people struggle everywhere, but I tend to look exactly in front of my situations and honestly, I just don't see the this so called "bad" economy everyone is complaining about. 401K? People putting their faith in that witchcraft are helpless to begin with...
    If you think the economy is in dire shape, you should probably start looking for a new career/job. The secret is out, companies are trying to demand way more from employees than they should. They still think people are afraid to lose thier job. Don't be that victim. You are better than that and you know it! Find a place that demands respect and you will be a much happier person and have much less stress.

Are you saying putting money in a 401k is bad? That's absurd. And you can invest that 401k in anything you want. Put it in cash if you want.... Point is tax deferred savings and planning for the future is extremely smart.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Never said that. I have multiple 401k plans, trusts, stocks, and other private investments. Diversification is your best investment. Trust me.
    Let me ask a question of you... If you knew you were going to die at age 50 and you could not spend ANY of your 401k "retirement" money without huge penalties, would you still invest $ in it. If so, why?

If I KNEW it... Maybe. I could pass that tax dereral on to my kids and generation skip it. Depends on personal goals and financial situation. Way to many unknowns in that. Everyone is different and most don't know the day of their departure so saving for the future is smart.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveispinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-notice-pin-sales-harder-now?tu=daveispinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.