(Topic ID: 143470)

Anyone else notice Pin sales harder now?

By kaneda

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Taking-the-Bull-by-Its-Horns.jpg
    this.gif
    tumblr_nsxdyaHKLF1qil3kvo1_1280.png
    Dow_Jones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 4 years ago

Why buy pins? I heard Robin Hood (not Bernie Sanders) is pledging to re-appropriate pins from people with too many and divide them up among those who have few or no pins already.

Seriously though... if you want to speculate at what is coming next in a hobby that consists of 20-year old collectibles, like DMD pinball machines, then you should look at 30 and 40+ year old hobbies like collecting classic automobiles, die-cast models, etc.

As those other hobbies continue to mature, it's all about preservation and originality.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I love when dumb people post just to show how ignorant they are. I hope you are trolling, because if not then you are a special case of stupid.

It was total satirical bait, but hey man... thanks for making it personal....

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want to be a political jackass, keep it to yourself and off pinside. It was personal for me the instant you lied and continueed to bring fox news on a pinball forum.

Ok, so far we have you're showing your higher education speaking skills with words like "dumb," "stupid," and "jackass."
    If you'd be so kind, please help this dumb, stupid liar of a jackass out with where you're getting this "Fox news" reference from, and more importantly what part of my sarcastic two-line joke is a "lie" and why have you not sought professional help for your anger management issues?

To everyone else - -sorry for the off-topic replies. I really thought the original political joke was funny and didn't know it would butt-hurt anyone. Back on topic!

#173 4 years ago

IMG. Too many boys on this forum obviously wear lace panties.

Because my little joke appears to be causing undue stress and keeping some away from their important daily activities, I've edited what a vocal few (without a sense of humor) have dubbed a 'political post.' It was a joke, but hey, I mentioned a politician's name... what-the-frick-ever....

So that the appropriate panties can be un-bunched, I've edited my post and substituted-in the pesudo-fictional character Robin Hood, on which the actual premise of the joke was based.

And seriously -- Whysnow wants to bring up TOS??? -- but seems to have failed to voice the objection when DaveWFT uses profanity? Nothing quite like getting the dose of double standards from the peanut gallery.

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

way to equate femininity with weakness. and by the way, you did make an overtly political post, i don't know how you can pretend it wasn't. then when people didn't like it, you got upset and started slinging sexist insults. i thought men were supposed to be tough. who's got the thin skin now?

Whoa stud. You're reading way too far into that one... Not surprised as apparently you did the same with my first post. Sexist insult? No sexism involved. But perhaps you could explain, since you and your buddies would apparently prefer to keep this going...

And hey, men are tough until you kick 'em in the nuts. In that regard, women can take a hell of a lot harder hit. Who's the stronger gender? Debatable when all is considered.

Really friend, my skin isn't thin and my feathers aren't ruffled. I only responded AFTER the personal insults and the profanity. But I guess that is a completely justifiable response for my joke, even it you consider it a bad one. I'm sure your position really gets you far in the life, and completely explains why you thought the joke wasn't funny. Really, it explains a whole lot...

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

The hard part is selling mods. I am trying to sell a Total Rock Concert mod for AC/DC, and no one is interested. I may have to take a big hit on that one to get it to move as well.

Why would selling a modded pin be any different than selling a modded automobile?

You take your new car, throw custom wheels, low profile tires, a body kit on it -- eyes wide open - you know you won't get that back when you sell it. Book value on a car is book value on a car, regardless of how many extras you put into it.

Same goes for pins, with the exception of removable expensive mods like ColorDMD -- IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 27.50
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside