You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3190 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_152531619 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I love eating the best fruits and vegetables every year. I find gardening very relaxing and everyone is always very helpful to help you succeed. Anyone else demanding better produce from their land? By the way. I killed it with my sweet potatoes. About 300 pounds

#2 4 years ago

We attempted a garden this past year and it was a disaster. Just so many weeds. Almost impossible to keep up. We got some carrots and a bit of Swiss chard but that’s about it. I think the other issue is that we planted our seeds too early. I think we will start them inside next year.

#3 4 years ago

Looking forward to the winter.

Still have my sweet potato’s in the ground. Harvested tons of jalapeños and habanero peppers, but it’s just too hot here in the summer.

124 days over 90 degrees so far this year.

#4 4 years ago

You should check out the cannabis club, there’s some pretty impressive horticulture going on there.

#5 4 years ago

Tomatoes, Zucchini, hot and sweet peppers . Save your old coffee grounds as a partial fertilizer, along with mushroom compost etc.

#6 4 years ago

I did not do a lot of fall garden this year. September was hot and very dry. Right now I have onions, carrots, asparagus, and cabbage growing. I harvested some carrots and cabbage yesterday. They are very tasty, the cabbages were 10 pounders.
The signs will be correct for making sour kraut in 2 weeks. Love me some home made kraut on my ruben.

#7 4 years ago

number 1 Swiss chard is the easiest thing in the world to grow. put it in in mid spring, harvest outer leaves, will feed you till fall.#2. I grow hot peppers too got about 20 freezer bags to get me through winter [hopefully]. read about them, kill about 70 percent of badf bacteria in your system, very easy to grow from plant. no 3, pot guy. when it is legal to grow in NC [if ever], I will grow plants bigger then you!!!!! no 4, yes I compost everything including coffee grounds. I go as organic as I can and try to leave as small an imprint on this planet as I can, PS. compost blows away any plant food you can buy. I know this through years of experience. no 5. my fall gardens always suck, people tell me I start too late [early august) but my collard greens are sill to small and not growing. same as last two years.. love to hear from all of you. food is our life source. lets continue to take control.

IMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_135150954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_152531619 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_152531619 (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

sorry about the pics, they are on my phone and I can'
t see for sh#t. meant too show my sweet potato harvest. [sorry). pumpkins from halloween and those are fries being prepared from my harvest. again. SORRY

#9 4 years ago

I have a good size garden..had extra cherry tomatoes this spring with no where to plant..so..did the most logical thing

IMAG3190 (resized).jpgIMAG3190 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

LOVE THIS!

Quoted from Mitoska:I have a good size garden..had extra cherry tomatoes this spring with no where to plant..so..did the most logical thing[quoted image]

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I have a good size garden..had extra cherry tomatoes this spring with no where to plant..so..did the most logical thing[quoted image]

Ha! What a great idea!

#12 4 years ago

I used to do a large garden. I planted 2 rows of everything that I liked. My favorite to pick was okra because you don't have to bend over to cut those. For whatever cucumbers did the best, I was giving away 50 pounds of those away some weeks. I never had a watermelon or cantaloupe to make it for some reason. They would get about baseball size and then rot.

I never plan to do another garden, but eventually I may try a few fruit trees.

#13 4 years ago

Fruit trees are alot of work. I have 6 apple trees 2 peach trees and a necteren tree. I have to spray every 2 weeks and only got 11 apples this year. And I have been taught by an old time orchard man. He keeps saying it takes 5 years before you start getting alot of fruit. I hope so cause I am close to giving up on them

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-love-growing-a-vegetable-garden?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.