Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MapleSyrup
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
    327707-i.jpg
    327706-i.jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

You are talking my language, people need to ask themselves if they are purist(just play pinball bro) or a perfectionist($5000 restaurations).
    Funny thing is,after restoring, they are afraid to play it and can't deal with the machine wearing again, so they sell it?!
    I seen that so often...
    I sold a lot of pins, and i laugh myself silly when they start rubbing the playfield for detecting insert damage!
    These games are 20+ years old and everybody wants it to be new?
    Just enjoy playing pinball,don't collect mint paintings.
    Just have fun.

#52 8 years ago

I like a nice playfield, but I don't mind a worn one. I like to make them play well. They can play well with a not-so-perfect playfield.

These aren't furniture. They're games.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I was wondering why it was square. I love the shirt. It's just odd how The Shadow looks brown in the pic

If you have been to a convention, it would need pit stains and smell like a 50 year old man who needs a shower to be authentic.

I like a machine that plays well. Bad flippers are the worst though. Condition usually though is pretty closely tied to general condition. You never find a pristine engine in a rusted out Mustang. But looks for me are a luxury compared to play and i would rather have more good machines than one HEP.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

I prefer machines that have cab and PF issues so when I put them out I don't cringe so much when beer gets spilled on them. Very hard to put on a NIB game for the public to beat on

I'm close to this. I like to share them and bring them to shows. Cab issues make it much easier to haul them around. My really nice games don't leave the house and I find myself worrying about a scratch etc or stuff I wouldn't normally care about.

My games that are worn a little play really good. Perhaps it's some type of pinball natural selection. The good playing one seem to survive.

That being said, I have the utmost respect for the restorers and the skills they possess. My friends have made some of their games absolutely stunning. My Bryan Kelly AFM is just plain awesome and it also plays fantastic.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

they are afraid to play it and can't deal with the machine wearing again

Not true. I have a beautiful TOM and AFM .I play the hell out of them.

#56 8 years ago

My dad is only interested in near perfect/restored machines, but I'm less critical. I like a little wear on machines since it looks like the previous owner actually enjoyed it.

#57 8 years ago

I don't mind players condition games as long as everything works. Stuff crapping out is part of the game with the older stuff, and lack of free time to fix it is my main problem. My poor Pinbot has had a new CPR playfield sitting next to it for like 2 years. Someday! lol

#58 8 years ago

I dig worn pins because I love going through the process of restoring them.

#59 8 years ago

My ideal machine has a clean playfield. I don't mind some wear or cracked inserts, as long as nothing effects ball travel. I actually prefer an original cab. Dings scratches and all. I love the scrapes and notches that come with a lifetime of play. As long as it's reflected In the price. That's why it's so great to have this attitude. For some it devalues the machine... For me, all that matters is the play!

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-like-worn-machines/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.