(Topic ID: 108507)

Anyone else hear that LOTR was the next Vault?

By Benepinballs

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sold my TZ 008.JPG
LOTR,HUO,.jpg
LOTR, HUO.jpg
image-765.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
72285.jpg
pinball2.jpg
image-8-128.jpg
image-140.jpg
this thread could use some tits.jpg
The-great-405.jpg
marble maze game.JPG
stern.jpg
Gnomes_plan.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 9 years ago

What's the average selling price for an excellent condition Iron Man Pro these days? I haven't seen many for sale. Makes me wonder how real the implied price drop on original pins will be when vault editions come out. In the case of MM, I've seen used ones drop a little in price but still on par with what PPS is planning on selling their remake for. Regardless, love it or hate it, it's an avenue for STERN to generate more money to develop new titles and a way for people to get brand new versions of pinball machines they love and adore. Seems to be reasonable to me.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The VE's have definitely had an impact on pricing. There is a very nice IM near me that is for sale for $3500.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Market has been slow on Iron Man's where I'm at. Encouraging to know that LOTR's might be more affordable if a vault edition comes out...

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I personally don't count the LOTR LE as much of an LE. It didn't have much "special", and if you don't remake the backglass you're pretty much not messing with it anyways.
Same with Spider-Man. I doubt we'll ever see a VE of that one, but if we did with new nicer decals it wouldn't be a Black edition.

I agree. In fact, I have a hard time looking at the backglass for the LE version - the heavy gold outlines really detract from the original painting.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If LOTR VE were to be released, I would imagine it would be any day.
Doesn't make sense to release it after The Hobbit.

My understanding is the Hobbit is still a ways off from being released and STERN would most likely wait a bit longer to maximize TWD sales before offering another NIB.

#402 9 years ago

If there is any content in the machine from the 3rd movie (which I would hope there is), I would suspect that they can't release the pin until after the movie goes public, which is 6 weeks from now at a minimum...

2 months later
#528 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would change the way the game was intended to play by the designer in a big way. I don't consider that a good thing.

I don't think that will be a big deal - I'm sure their software is smart enough to be able to adjust the coil pulse levels to appropriate levels despite what the line voltage is.

#533 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Funny and sad.
I was reading something about Tulip mania back in the 1600's it was a fictional story about a Black Tulip which was super rare. One person was selling the bulb for the black tulip, the buyer paid a hefty sum and when he got the bulb promptly smashed it to bits. He said he already owned a black tulip bulb and so he was just buying it to keep his rare tulip bulb super rare.

Lol... is it sad that I'm not surprised that someone would do that??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-hear-that-lotr-was-the-next-vault?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.