(Topic ID: 108507)

Anyone else hear that LOTR was the next Vault?

By Benepinballs

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sold my TZ 008.JPG
LOTR,HUO,.jpg
LOTR, HUO.jpg
image-765.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
72285.jpg
pinball2.jpg
image-8-128.jpg
image-140.jpg
this thread could use some tits.jpg
The-great-405.jpg
marble maze game.JPG
stern.jpg
Gnomes_plan.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
Like I said earlier in this thread, Stern would really be pulling a rabbit out of it's butt if they are able to price a LOTR VE at $5k.

5k would be almost a have to buy 6k would be a pass

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I need to win the lotto and build a heated barn size game room.

You and me both brother

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You just don't get it IMO… who the hell cares why people buy pins? As long as they spend money in the hobby it doesn't matter.
If this hobby relied only on the 'player' Stern would have been long gone by now as well.

And how exactly are you helping pinball?

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I spent a ton and I mean of ton of money in this hobby over the years to help keep it moving forward. Spent tons with Stern, bought from others, helped others get into the hobby, helped others buy and sell pins, have had several pins restored with HEP… on and on and on.
Next Question?

Just asking since you seem to have all the answers and the rest of us are just idiots.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Aside from helping form a group of people who collectively have spent $10's of thousands on machines and mods they otherwise wouldn't have on their own, I guess I've done nothing but inadvertently harm the industry since I don't operate machines and I support the indie developers...
oops...

Um ok... not sure why you're quoting me for a question I asked teekee.

#213 9 years ago

Because it's a public forum and I think your question is silly

Well it wasn't directed to you so I don't really care what you think.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I think it's obvious that you don't care what Teekee thinks either, so what's your point?

I think it was obvious what my point was, I wanted to hear what the great Teekee does for pinball since the rest of us are the reason that pinball is going in the shitter.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I really prefer Teekee the great but that will do…

Sorry you're greatness

#220 9 years ago

There's no need for this in a hobby bash thread

#227 9 years ago

Oh sorry then, I didn't realize you thought you sent a PM...

Im sorry you thought that when I asked Teekee a question and obviously quoted a post of his that you actually thought it was directed at you, public forum or not.

#229 9 years ago

Not horrible, but a bit wordy don't you think?
On topic: Bring on LoTR Vault Edition for 5k!
/thread drained

Oh so now you resort to insulting my grammar, have fun with that, im up to giving two shits about it. I do agree with the second part of your post though. Lotr VE where do I sign up?

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, its much better to lose thousands every time we buy a game... yes, its much better to flood the market with more of the same... yes, we all know space and money is endless... etc., etc., etc.
I'm willing to bet your solution to our 18 trillion dollar debt... print more money!
please tell me you're not a registered voter...

Some people buy games to play them. Maybe we should leave the economics of pinball to the companies that sell them? Maybe you don't play pinball Teekee, but this is an odd forum to hangout on if all you want to do is be the protector of the pinball market and belittle those that buy a machine that depreciates as soon as they buy it. These things were meant to be played not to be worth more money than you paid for them when you turn around and sell them. Sure it would be nice to always be in the black when you sell a machine but its not realistic.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

They were meant to make money for operators, then tossed aside when beat to crap after having made several times over what was paid for them a decade later. So they were never meant to be collected, which is what made them collectible for some. So I can see how collectors would be upset. Being a player and not a collector, I don't think that way, but like with collecting anything there is always an inherent risk that it may become worthless. These will never become worthless, but loosing their value by $1000 over night does suck if you own one.

Well we're both right, they were meant to make money for operators and be played by us, without us, no money. Losing money on a game right when it is shipped brand new is no different than damn near any other product out there. I think Teekee got used to flipping games for thousands without any extra work and now the market is coming back to earth and to him we are all idiots for buying remakes of games we love.

Also that used to be what games were made for (the operators) but that was 10 years ago, now they have to deal with the home market so the definition has changed a bit and thats why manufacturers target home buyers and ops.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Every time I read something from someone making a statement about me when they actually don't know a thing about me it just makes me laugh… you have no clue and never will.
You and others just continue to miss the bigger point… so hung up on flippers and speculators some just can't think past their nose.

I don't care if people flip games, as for my "statement" it was a guess, that's why I lead with "I think". I can only go by your post history to come to a conclusion on who Teekee is. When you insult buyers constantly because they aren't into the hobby the same way you are I take offense to it. I don't hate anyone here just some things frustrate me.

If a guy buys a NIB rerelease of a machine that doesnt make him bad for the hobby, he just may really like that particular machine enough to buy it NIB cause he wants to play it and not worry about the economics of pinball or the national debt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-hear-that-lotr-was-the-next-vault?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.