Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled2 (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    0B4B9B10-CDF2-42EF-9D3C-F9E86207D331 (resized).png
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    1 (resized).jpg
    Flynn.jpg
    8AFF9E77-1836-46D7-A130-C942FECD0691 (resized).png
    80B1EDCE-E13B-4903-91E7-0878AADDB88F (resized).jpeg
    EC36C35F-4ACF-4C64-AE52-FF7B31AFE928 (resized).jpeg
    BED1F8A8-CD7D-4220-ABD4-6AE6881227C4 (resized).jpeg
    3F808629-7D0E-48BF-90F4-F73332CD10E1 (resized).jpeg
    877CF06A-CF93-46BF-8403-3B6875C6BEFB (resized).jpeg
    2020-08-21t23-53-03 (resized).png
    postal (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled2 (resized).png

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 3 years ago

I had a domestic package shipped to me on 8/8/20 via USPS Priority Mail (CA to SC). It showed up on the USPS tracking website scheduled for delivery on 8/11/20. On 8/12/20 the status was changed to “in transit-arriving late” There have been no further updates from the USPS website since 8/12/20. I have filed an inquiry with USPS, but no answer yet, other than “we’re looking into it”. Has anyone else had this problem and how did it end?

#2 3 years ago

For some odd reason it appears to only be a problem in select areas ...or districts if you will.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from SCJoe:

I had a domestic package shipped to me on 8/8/20 via USPS Priority Mail (CA to SC). It showed up on the USPS tracking website scheduled for delivery on 8/11/20. On 8/12/20 the status was changed to “in transit-arriving late” There have been no further updates from the USPS website since 8/12/20. I have filed an inquiry with USPS, but no answer yet, other than “we’re looking into it”. Has anyone else had this problem and how did it end?

It's getting bad. Ebay is actively advising sellers to not use USPS right now. I've lost a few hundred dollars worth of "lost" packages since the pandemic started. Nothing since June though.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from SCJoe:

I have filed an inquiry with USPS, but no answer yet, other than “we’re looking into it”.

Same, with a "we believe it has been misdelivered" thrown in there. The ebay seller refunded me even though I didn't ask him to. Really cool of him, even for $20 odd bucks.

#5 3 years ago

Its really bad right now, many many carriers calling off and not enough coverage to complete the routes.

#6 3 years ago

Just google USPS News and you will find plenty of articles discussing the topic. Budget short falls, less overtime, politics, etc.

#7 3 years ago

I ordered something from Lego and it was scheduled to be picked up by USPS 5 days ago and has'nt.

#8 3 years ago

Always , Constantly getting the wrong mail and packages horrible around my town

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from SCJoe:

Yup. Had two packages take two and three weeks to get here when they should have taken three days each. Tracking will show them sitting for days in the same location. I've had other packages not be delayed at all.

#10 3 years ago

I think UPS is'nt using the post office through Sure Post service. A package through Surepost was delivered by UPS themselves to me yesterday.

#11 3 years ago

Had a pinball mod purchase (small box) recently sent via USPS to me by a vendor about an 1-1/2 hours away here in WA State. USPS tracking, 2 days later, showed it "Out for delivery by 8 pm". Never showed up as it was apparently diverted instead all the way across the country to a North Carolina distribution center where it sat for a few days before finally being delivered more than a week after being mailed.

Box and shipping label were fine when it arrived.

#12 3 years ago

What others said. Just Google USPS and drop-off boxes being taken away or locked. This should be a national outrage.

#13 3 years ago

I have a small mod that has been within 20 miles of me for a week. USPS was often slow, unreliable, and had unmotivated employees BEFORE this stupid pandemic. COVID didn't improve any of those issues. Add in extra package load, staff that can't or won't return to work, and you get the nightmare we're in. USPS is long past due for restructuring and or reorganization.

Screenshot_20200817-195015_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200817-195015_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

For some odd reason it appears to only be a problem in select areas ...or districts if you will.

almost like on purpose or somethin, crazy right

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I have a small mod that has been within 20 miles of me for a week. USPS was often slow, unreliable, and had unmotivated employees BEFORE this stupid pandemic. COVID didn't improve any of those issues. Add in extra package load, staff that can't or won't return to work, and you get the nightmare we're in. USPS is long past due for restructuring and or reorganization.
    [quoted image]

Seeing as you're in MI, this isn't directly the fault of the USPS. It's on purpose to slow things down

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from j-fit:

Seeing as you're in MI, this isn't directly the fault of the USPS. It's on purpose to slow things down

These type of problems have existed at that poorly run distribution center as long as I've lived here. More than once, I've seen packages cross my state several times, pre-COVID. I'm afraid it is precisely the long standing fault of the USPS, not some conspiracy related to the election, as I presume you are alluding to.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

I agree. Since I moved i haven't had an issue,yet. Where I use to live it was a constant problem. The last thing that they lost ,was the manual for my Dialed In pinball machine. I use to find letters on my front lawn that the mailman dropped. They were a nightmare, but things seem better at my new house.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

These type of problems have existed at that poorly run distribution center as long as I've lived here. More than once, I've seen packages cross my state several times, pre-COVID. I'm afraid it is precisely the long standing fault of the USPS, not some conspiracy related to the election, as I presume you are alluding to.

Not a conspiracy when you have multiple lines of evidence to back one's claim.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/08/michigan-lawmakers-say-postal-service-investigation-reveals-hundreds-of-late-mail-reports.html

#19 3 years ago

Lately I've been more surprised when I receive a package where the tracking DOESN'T say "in transit-arriving late”. Just got a package from Florida that took 3 weeks to get to Ohio. Have no idea where it's been all this time as it just vanished from the USPS system after it left Orlando.

#20 3 years ago

Yep. I received 2 bills both postmarked 7/13. The first one was due in May and the second was a final notice, due 7/15. The insurance company said they were both mailed out timely.

#21 3 years ago

Yes I've had 30 days on 1 package and 21 on another. If it's not w day garanteed I don't depend on it arriving quickly

#22 3 years ago

As someone who ships item on an everyday basis I have basically resorted to FedEx and UPS for the time being.
    Not only have I had major delays due to every reason under the sun I have had well packed double boxed items arrive at their destinations mangled and dripping wet. We had a package shipped from Arizona to California arrive at its destination reaking of mildew and dripping wet. Funny thing is that there wasn’t a storm system in either state during the time it was in transit.
    I’ve had two day priority mails take a month. The list goes on and on.

I hate to get political, but I feel they are fucking up the mail system intentionally to discredit mail in ballots for the upcoming election.
    I’ve been in the mail order industry 30 years and have never seen it this bad.

#23 3 years ago

I ship a LOT of items. I have had many problems with USPS the last few months. Everything is running late it seems.

#24 3 years ago

I've had the opposite. Checking tracking I originally had a package scheduled for today. It actually rolled in a couple days ago on Saturday.

LTG : )

#25 3 years ago

I've had a lot of problems with USPS lately. They've been a mess for years but the last few months have been a train wreck. USPS has lost $78 billion since 2007, so they've been doing poorly for a while. Then pandemic mail volume combined with increased costs have basically broken the camel's back.

#26 3 years ago

I am in Missouri and I ship a half-dozen items a week.... Have yet to have an issue or hear of any reason to be concerned with the USPS. I agree with the above about certain "districts". On the other hand, UPS and Fedex I avoid like the plague and celebrate anytime I get things on-time and intact!

#27 3 years ago

They bent my NGG flyer, the bastards!

#28 3 years ago

I heard they delayed/lost a fellow Pinsiders left Twix order last week from a vendor. Seller had to send a replacement but all he had left was right Twix so that’s what the buyer ended up with even though he ordered a left Twix. Damn Shame!

However, no problems myself with USPS lately.

#29 3 years ago

I have a color DMD lost in New Zealand for months?
    enquiry is ongoing
    oh well, first world problems i guess

#30 3 years ago

I’ve had two shipments coming from Dallas to NJ which were delayed at least 10 days. For me, it’s refreshing to go back to a time when packages were delivered in a 2-3 week timeframe. I wouldn’t be too thrilled if it were my medication, but pinball and car parts can wait.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

USPS has lost $78 billion since 2007, so they've been doing poorly for a while.

Primarily because starting in 2006, a law forcing them to prefund their retirement program for 75 years was put in place. No other organization has ever been forced to do that.

As it turns out, H.R. 2382 is a bill passed in the house in February intended to repeal the prefunding requirements. It went to the Senate and stalled there right before the pandemic hit.

#32 3 years ago

I have had several packages since March get hung up for 7-14 days in various Michigan distribution centers. I have switched most of my shipping over to UPS now for the time being. UPS has much better rates for larger items anyway if you ship through Paypal. I am a huge fan of USPS, and it pains me to see their service levels eroding by the day.

#33 3 years ago

We ship 150+ packages a day with USPS and have been seeing this for months.
    Delivery and tracking have booth been poor.
    We have seen very few lost packages, but delivery could take 4-6 weeks
    We have been suggesting our customer choose UPS if packages are urgent.

#34 3 years ago

If you are an American and don’t know why the usps is slow right now. Then you need to pay attention to the news.

This is a far to political topic for pin side.

In before the lock

#35 3 years ago

I had a few outgoing & incoming packages delayed a few days. Nothing too major.

The oddball package has gotten stuck at a sorting center for a week or so.

One package I had being sent to me from Florida was stuck in a Florida USPS office for a full month before it started moving. It just finally got here a week ago.

I just ordered a small item from Amazon on Saturday and it got here Monday.

As for letter mail, all my bills seem to be arriving on time.

At work, a bunch of bills arrived several weeks late last month.

#36 3 years ago

Big time problems. I stopped sending things USPS a few months ago. Pretty much FedEx only at the moment. At one point USPS was by far the least expensive option for packages once they got to about 2 pounds or so. The difference today, for most of the things that I send, are minimal. Only bummer is that I have a daughter that lives in Europe - while USPS was slow, it usually got there and for WAAAY less than FedEx or USPS. Alas, we have had things go missing over the last six months going both directions. Not worth the hassle any more I am afraid.

Funny (or not) but USPS has been losing serious $$$ for years. When I was graduate business school, the USPS was a huge recruiter as they were going to solve the issues and become a profitable entity - that was in 1992! Ah well, not sure there is a solution other than continued subsidization. That has been the way for decades.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

USPS has lost $78 billion since 2007, so they've been doing poorly for a while.

Noone says the military loses whatever their budget is, else they'd be doing VERY poorly.

Much like divestiture of the Bell System, the other side of this may not be as rosy as it seems.

#38 3 years ago

USPS is really hit or miss. Some packages sail through very quickly, others get bogged down. However, despite the problems, we’ve yet to have a lost package domestically. Might show up a week or two late, but they have always arrived.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I heard they delayed/lost a fellow Pinsiders left Twix order last week from a vendor. Seller had to send a replacement but all he had left was right Twix so that’s what the buyer ended up with even though he ordered a left Twix. Damn Shame!
    However, no problems myself with USPS lately.

40345328-6B8C-4F79-9F58-CFF9897C5AAB (resized).jpeg40345328-6B8C-4F79-9F58-CFF9897C5AAB (resized).jpeg
    #40 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I've had a lot of problems with USPS lately. They've been a mess for years but the last few months have been a train wreck. USPS has lost $78 billion since 2007, so they've been doing poorly for a while. Then pandemic mail volume combined with increased costs have basically broken the camel's back.

I might suggest reframing the "they've lost X amount"... That's like saying our military has lost us $750 billion a year. It's a service, not a for-profit.

#41 3 years ago

Been waiting on an Illinois-Louisiana shipment for nearly a month. USPS hasn’t updated tracking info since August 1.

C7A76BD8-86EE-43E8-A5A2-F4D173998200 (resized).pngC7A76BD8-86EE-43E8-A5A2-F4D173998200 (resized).png
    #42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

USPS is really hit or miss. Some packages sail through very quickly, others get bogged down. However, despite the problems, we’ve yet to have a lost package domestically. Might show up a week or two late, but they have always arrived.

This aligns to what I've experienced. It's the overseas shipping that takes forever_.

My worst shipment was not related to KAHR.US Circuits - it was keys I sent to to a relative in a padded envelope. I put package-level postage on it ($2.xx to go across town) but they apparently ran it through the envelope auto-sorter which ripped the thing open and separated the keys from the envelope. The envelope then took 2 weeks to get delivered to an address that is a 30 minute drive from my home. Luckily the missing keys weren't the only set. Found a guy on eBay who cuts keys from the number printed on the key; this key shipped through the USPS showed up from Texas without incident.

-Rob
    -New product alert: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

Funny (or not) but USPS has been losing serious $$$ for years.

Wtf. It’s a service not a business. How much profit did the fire department earn last decade?

#45 3 years ago

I had sent out two packages on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend headed to the north East region. Both arrived on the following Tuesday. Sent another that package Tuesday to the same area and it took 11 days...

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wtf. It’s a service not a business.

Quoted from j-fit:

It's a service, not a for-profit.

So they should only deliver personal, charitable and public service mail, and eliminate all business and political mail? But wouldn't that eliminate 95% of their volume.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Primarily because starting in 2006, a law forcing them to prefund their retirement program for 75 years was put in place. No other organization has ever been forced to do that.
    As it turns out, H.R. 2382 is a bill passed in the house in February intended to repeal the prefunding requirements. It went to the Senate and stalled there right before the pandemic hit.

So you're saying covid was created by postal workers who don't want their guaranteed pensions put in jeopardy?

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

So you're saying covid was created by postal workers who don't want their guaranteed pensions put in jeopardy?

#49 3 years ago

I've been waiting for a plastic for my slugfest that was supposed to be here on the 10th. I shipped out 2 translites that wound up being a week late. Oddly enough my Amazon USPS deliveries are coming on time without issue.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from SCJoe:

I should nearly every day USPS, things have certainly slow down at points. A couple months ago I shipped multiple packages one day priority mail, it took over two weeks to get there. So periodically there are delays. I also had them lose 1 package which after shipping probably thousands it was the first one that has ever been lost. It was just a few days late I want to get too worried yet.

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-having-problems-with-usps?hl=felixtcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.