(Topic ID: 69418)

Anyone else have a problem with the backglass?

By eXntrc

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jjsrt8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20131107_006.jpg
WP_20131107_011.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So I've had my WOZLE for several days now and I just LOVE playing it. I also love the quality of the build and I show it off whenever someone stops by.

Unfortunately, today I decided to take a closer look at something that's been bothering me and it turned out to be quite a bit worse than I expected.

I noticed from the very first play that the version number was hidden below the bottom edge of the translite and I noticed a grey bar above the screen. Here's a photo:

WP_20131107_011.jpgWP_20131107_011.jpg

Well today I tried to remove the glass and I could barely get it out. Now that I've gotten it out, it doesn't want to go back in. Looking more closely, I see why. The retention bar at the bottom is back a bit further than it should be, which pinches the glass between the side rails and the bottom. It doesn't want to slide down. Even worse, the notch at the bottom where the glass is supposed to slide into is way too narrow. So narrow that there's no way the glass will ever slide into it. That's why the translite sits to high and why I can't see the version number. It's also why I see the grey bar at the top, because I'm seeing part of the display I'm never supposed to see.

WP_20131107_006.jpgWP_20131107_006.jpg

Unfortunately this is beyond my ability to fix on my own. I don't want to go cutting into the wood on my back box. But now I can't get the translite all the way down again and I can't turn the key.

I've already submitted a support ticket, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious or doing something wrong. On all my other machines the glass slides right down into the notch without any friction whatsoever.

#2 10 years ago

Hammer hammer hammer.

Should have never shipped like that maybe the stuff has shifted shipping needs to just be hammered back to fit.

#3 10 years ago

Don't do anything I said just trying to help. I've never taken glass off a woz so I wouldn't know.

#4 10 years ago

HAHAHA. Thanks for following up, just to clarify. Cause I TOTALLY was headed to the garage for a sledgehammer.

#5 10 years ago

Rubber mallet and a wedge tool such as a crowbar will do redneck fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-have-a-problem-with-the-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.