(Topic ID: 282692)

Anyone else HATE the newest Hershey’s Kisses Xmas Bells commercial?

By SonicZone

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Trogdor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43C7729A-059C-493B-B781-69E613970EB8 (resized).jpeg
Cadbury egg (resized).png
they-make-over-a-million-eggs-every-day-1551462183 (resized).jpg
Cadbury-Creme-Eggs-US&UK-Small (resized).jpg
sdfgfdg (resized).jpg
japanese-kit-kat-vote-election-new-flavor-world-summit2 (resized).jpg
a7a12e6ad427edd92ccaaf647de82842 (resized).jpg
0c4db228-2673-4d8c-b9da-8aa1bb3406b6_1.be19b19847ae9c77342216167d61afce (resized).jpeg
F86282A0-752A-4F43-9032-FFC2C93232A2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 3 years ago

No opinion here. I had to look it up on youtube because I don't remember ever seeing the commercial in either form. I found a funny video based on the new version of the ad. The best part is the quote in one of the comments below: "If you or a loved were injured by the 2020 Hershey's Kisses Holiday commercial you may be entitled to financial compensation."

This is what I think about when I think of classic Christmas ads. Its been unchanged for a very long time (hopefully):

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

lol it was a little more than that. The commercial gives off some seriously disturbing black mirror vibes with the way the woman films herself and then watches it back with her husband to receive his approval.

Wow. I see nothing even mildly disturbing in this commercial let alone "seriously disturbing".

People need to just chill. If you sit looking at the clouds in the sky passing by, each one can be interpreted to look like something. Everything you say can be interpreted by someone with an agenda in the opposite way it is intended. I learned this more than a few times earlier in life when breaking up with a girlfriend; if something could be interpreted completely different than I had intended it and taken as an outrage, it always would be.

Taking things on face value is best rather than always looking for dog whistles that most likely are not there. For instance the OP in this thread clearly stated "why mess with perfection" and no mention of anything to do with the added content. Obviously there is a sentimental attachment to this commercial in its original form and ANY change was not welcome regardless of content.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-hate-the-newest-hersheys-kisses-xmas-bells-commercial?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.