(Topic ID: 282692)

Anyone else HATE the newest Hershey’s Kisses Xmas Bells commercial?

By SonicZone

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Trogdor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43C7729A-059C-493B-B781-69E613970EB8 (resized).jpeg
Cadbury egg (resized).png
they-make-over-a-million-eggs-every-day-1551462183 (resized).jpg
Cadbury-Creme-Eggs-US&UK-Small (resized).jpg
sdfgfdg (resized).jpg
japanese-kit-kat-vote-election-new-flavor-world-summit2 (resized).jpg
a7a12e6ad427edd92ccaaf647de82842 (resized).jpg
0c4db228-2673-4d8c-b9da-8aa1bb3406b6_1.be19b19847ae9c77342216167d61afce (resized).jpeg
F86282A0-752A-4F43-9032-FFC2C93232A2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 3 years ago

I've never hated a commercial so much, that I needed to post about it in a pinball forum. I thought..man, how bad can this commercial really be. Thanks OP for posting the video and I was able to watch it...Then I watched it, and I realized nothing in that commercial should bring out this kind of rage, unless, of course....well...we will leave it at that.

#87 3 years ago

I just watched the original for comparison and I can totally see why the OP is mad! It's because it shows chocolate in the new commercial. He probably didn't know Hershey's kisses were made of chocolate. He probably thought, oh look how innocent those foil bells are...then the girl unwrapped it and the HORROR..THERE is chocolate underneath that foil...TURN IT OFF! OP must really hate chocolate.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Dude, are you fucking serious?
But if the family was Black then you would have loved the commercial right? I sure hope so. Otherwise YOU ARE RACIST!!!

He explained why he thought it was a disturbing commercial to him. He gave examples and talked about the issues that bothered him. People may or may not agree. Even if the Palatone family was black, his concerns are still valid to him. He actually explained it. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with his point but at least he supported it and it wasn't ever about race and if race was involved his arguments transcend color. So saying he's RACIST if it was a black family isn't valid because his points had nothing to do with race. Now we don't know if OP was being racist but his argument that he hates the commercial because he loves tradition isn't a strong one, also not one that warrants a topic on a pinball forum. Something really angered him, and tradition can also be argued as "the good old days". Now nothing I said or pointed out means the OP is racists, but they do raise concern, so I think its fair for people to question the OP, as the OP never really defended himself, someone else did, and he hitched his wagon onto that. I don't know if the OP is racist, I've said some racist stuff in the past and had racist beliefs, a lot of that was attributed to ignorance and the way I was raised. I never once in my life believed I was ever racist, but I do understand what I said in the past could offend people and also could be portrayed as racist (some of it was). I think learning other peoples viewpoints understand our history, understand the struggles, and most importantly understand that media like movies and music, portray a race in a negative light and we are a society that loves being feed information and entertainment through a screen. So we subconsciously absorb prejudice thoughts and ideas. We need to start questioning why every movie that has a terrorist is Arab or foreign when we have a big home grown terrorist problem here in America, why asians aren't portrayed enough on television/modelling, when they have the worlds largest population, and when they are in movies, why do they all have martial arts abilities? These are just some examples we start to believe, and are not a reflection of the real world. Anyways, going to buy some Hershey's kisses now, I think the world needs more kisses!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-hate-the-newest-hersheys-kisses-xmas-bells-commercial?tu=BallPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.