(Topic ID: 282692)

Anyone else HATE the newest Hershey’s Kisses Xmas Bells commercial?

By SonicZone

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Trogdor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43C7729A-059C-493B-B781-69E613970EB8 (resized).jpeg
Cadbury egg (resized).png
they-make-over-a-million-eggs-every-day-1551462183 (resized).jpg
Cadbury-Creme-Eggs-US&UK-Small (resized).jpg
sdfgfdg (resized).jpg
japanese-kit-kat-vote-election-new-flavor-world-summit2 (resized).jpg
a7a12e6ad427edd92ccaaf647de82842 (resized).jpg
0c4db228-2673-4d8c-b9da-8aa1bb3406b6_1.be19b19847ae9c77342216167d61afce (resized).jpeg
F86282A0-752A-4F43-9032-FFC2C93232A2 (resized).jpeg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

I don’t watch commercials, they still make those?

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Why would anyone be so upset about this to start a thread. It has the original and then shows a father and daughter having a good time. Its fine.

Yep. Entire thread should have been. I like it. Or I don’t like the new one. Not childish name calling and accusations

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Yep. Entire thread should have been. I like it. Or I don’t like the new one.

I love the new commercial, it has groove and joy

I hope the next version has a gay couple rasing mixed race children in a house filled with love.

#54 3 years ago

Um.... hate? It's a commercial. I feel op is a closet racist and looking for people to join in? I'm legit confused why I'm supposed to hate this commercial.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Its not fake news. Pick up your bag of Halloween candy and find out. Yes they have small plants all over producing nameless candies. However Mexico is chocolate and it is not as good as PA.

You need to take the tour and get your facts straight

70 million kisses are made a day in PA

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/en_us/home/plant-locations.html

I expected the Mexican made Hershey miniatures to be better than the US made, just like Mexican Coca-Cola is better than the US made. I could taste no difference

A Cadbury eggs are a billion times better in great Britain than they are in the USA.

And in japan, you get way better KitKat bars

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hope the next version has a gay couple rasing mixed race children in a house filled with love.

Haha! Ok. But what does it say for the casting agent that wants a gay couple with diverse kids in a country where that is 0.007% of the population? The cure for racism or exclusion is not racism or exclusion. And let’s not pretend this is only happening in commercials.

Also, US soda is best in the world due to the smoothness of high fructose corn syrup!! People getting those fancy Coke bottles at Chipotle are just putting on airs- or are gout sufferers. Endless, high fructose fountain drinks for winners only!

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Um.... hate? It's a commercial. I feel op is a closet racist and looking for people to join in? I'm legit confused why I'm supposed to hate this commercial.

Um, I don’t think your suppose to. I think if you like it your suppose to like it. If you don’t like it then your not.

What your not suppose to do is make an ASSUMPTION about someone and then add trigger vocabulary that you seem to not like yourself (hate, racist, etc) when adding your opinion.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Ok. But what does it say for the casting agent that wants a gay couple with diverse kids in a country where that is 0.007% of the population?

Commercials are targeted for their markets.

Ford has commercials with Black actors for markets where a large enough population of Black people live. They have with a different commercial with White actors for broadcast in areas where you couldn't find a sizable community of black people for a thousand miles.

Gay people are only 15% of the population, but every Old Navy ad appears to be very gay.... lol

#59 3 years ago

I've never hated a commercial so much, that I needed to post about it in a pinball forum. I thought..man, how bad can this commercial really be. Thanks OP for posting the video and I was able to watch it...Then I watched it, and I realized nothing in that commercial should bring out this kind of rage, unless, of course....well...we will leave it at that.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I can see OP's mind blown!

#61 3 years ago

Americans get totally shafted when they only get 2 Kit-Kat flavors

japanese-kit-kat-vote-election-new-flavor-world-summit2 (resized).jpgjapanese-kit-kat-vote-election-new-flavor-world-summit2 (resized).jpgsdfgfdg (resized).jpgsdfgfdg (resized).jpg
#62 3 years ago

Americans also get screwed in the Cadbury egg.

The real one from the UK is a wonderful light cream that is insanely delicious.

The fake one made in USA is an overly sweet, gritty piece of garbage

NEVER buy the green one!!!!!
Cadbury-Creme-Eggs-US&UK-Small (resized).jpgCadbury-Creme-Eggs-US&UK-Small (resized).jpg

they-make-over-a-million-eggs-every-day-1551462183 (resized).jpgthey-make-over-a-million-eggs-every-day-1551462183 (resized).jpg
#63 3 years ago

I, too, am very invested in the lore and canon of snack food commercials

#64 3 years ago

There is a rumor (which I just started) that Humpty Dumpty was really a giant Cadbury egg . . . and he was delicious.
Cadbury egg (resized).pngCadbury egg (resized).png

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Beatles were the first boy band, and no one can ever take that away from them.
[quoted image]
Although Paul still has it:
Paul McCartney - Fuh You

I thought you were a MJ fan?

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

He was better with Richards than solo for sure.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I put him as more of a Knack fan. After all, it was a “Boy Band”. Just an ugly version of it.

43C7729A-059C-493B-B781-69E613970EB8 (resized).jpeg43C7729A-059C-493B-B781-69E613970EB8 (resized).jpeg
#68 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He was better with Richards than solo for sure.

There were a few MJ solo efforts that weren't too bad, although I do prefer the stuff with KR.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Americans get totally shafted when they only get 2 Kit-Kat flavors[quoted image][quoted image]

I wouldn't say shafted. I've tried most of them from Japan and none are as good as the original. Keep it simple.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Commercials are targeted for their markets.
Ford has commercials with Black actors for markets where a large enough population of Black people live. They have with a different commercial with White actors for broadcast in areas where you couldn't find a sizable community of black people for a thousand miles.
Gay people are only 15% of the population, but every Old Navy ad appears to be very gay.... lol

I get the targeting of groups with like actors. But Gay people are 15% of the population? That seems way higher than what numbers I’ve seen.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I get the targeting of groups with like actors. But Gay people are 15% of the population? That seems way higher than what numbers I’ve seen.

12% self reporting, then add all the straight married guys at the gay bar who are "just here to dance"...

Omg, you might be right, the numbers are way higher than 15%

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

There were a few MJ solo efforts that weren't too bad, although I do prefer the stuff with KR.

The one from the early 90s is great from top to bottom.

#73 3 years ago

Hate it? No not at all, like it as much as the original also no I wish they would just run both.

#74 3 years ago

I’m sorry but what in the hell?

That is the most harmless and least annoying commercial I’ve seen in years.

The only reason to “hate” such an innocent commercial is ..

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Mmmmmmmmmmm racism?

I don’t have another explanation myself

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I suggest some of you go back and re-read the original statement. Nothing was stated about adding people to the commercial. Op didn’t say anything about an agenda, someone else did.
Try not sparking something that’s not there. All that was stated was he liked the original commercial and liked the TRADITION of it being there every Christmas. Kind of like having Charlie Brown special on network tv for the last 50 years.
Some of these thing are a signal or help some people get in the spirit for the holidays.
Let’s throw a counter point since a lot of people wanted to point fingers and create a narrative. What if the Op no longer has a father/mother/grandparent any more and that commercial reminds them of that person. How about trying to explain to their young child who gets excited every year because that commercial means Santa is coming soon. With everything getting thrown upside down this year, downs the new commercial mean Santa isn’t coming?
None of you know KNOW! What the op means other then he likes the original commercial better and apparently he isn’t the only one since they disabled comments. That’s all that was stated.
Everyone needs to lighten up and quit putting their own views and phobias into other people comments

Lol please you’re being naive... this is the most simple and objectively non annoying commercial I’ve ever seen. There is only one reason to “hate” this thing.

#77 3 years ago

I hated this Quiznos commercial so much I wrote their corporate office saying these gross creatures were repulsive. They wrote back and said they disagreed. Shortly thereafter Quiznos closed most of their stores.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I put him as more of a Knack fan. After all, it was a “Boy Band”. Just an ugly version of it. [quoted image]

Maybe, but the solo on My Sharona is all time.

#79 3 years ago

No opinion here. I had to look it up on youtube because I don't remember ever seeing the commercial in either form. I found a funny video based on the new version of the ad. The best part is the quote in one of the comments below: "If you or a loved were injured by the 2020 Hershey's Kisses Holiday commercial you may be entitled to financial compensation."

This is what I think about when I think of classic Christmas ads. Its been unchanged for a very long time (hopefully):

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The only reason to “hate” such an innocent commercial is ..

Because "HE IS RACIST!!!", right?

You are not allowed to dislike a commercial (or anything I guess?) that features black people or else you're racist. Fascinating.

I think the Madea movies are unwatchable. Am I racist?

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I put him as more of a Knack fan. After all, it was a “Boy Band”. Just an ugly version of it. [quoted image]

I like the knack... they probably had more songs with lyrics about sex than ACDC

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I hated this Quiznos commercial so much I wrote their corporate office saying these gross creatures were repulsive. They wrote back and said they disagreed. Shortly thereafter Quiznos closed most of their stores.

Someday I too hope to be a professionally upset person.

People seem to enjoy being bothered by just about anything these days.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Mmmmmmmmmmm racism?

Wow man settle down skippy,were going to cancel this racist from the planet real soon.
I do wonder what benefits all of the patronizing white people are doing right now will have.
It seems like a lot of ass kissing to me!I wonder if commercials being inclusive will slow
down the shootings and killing in Chicago?

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Because "HE IS RACIST!!!", right?
You are not allowed to dislike a commercial (or anything I guess?) that features black people or else you're racist. Fascinating.
I think the Madea movies are unwatchable. Am I racist?

Look I am generally anti PC police but this commercial is so objectively innocent and non-annoying that there is no other reasonable explanation to "hate" it.

#85 3 years ago

Crisis averted here's a statement from Hershey's "For viewers who love our original – don’t worry, we’ll be running both holiday ads this season," Hershey's continued. "Keep your eyes peeled for our classic and iconic Bells spot as well as the newest 'Bells to Blossoms.'"

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Look I am generally anti PC police but this commercial is so objectively innocent and non-annoying that there is no other reasonable explanation to "hate" it.

I don't think you know what the word "objectively" means...

#87 3 years ago

I just watched the original for comparison and I can totally see why the OP is mad! It's because it shows chocolate in the new commercial. He probably didn't know Hershey's kisses were made of chocolate. He probably thought, oh look how innocent those foil bells are...then the girl unwrapped it and the HORROR..THERE is chocolate underneath that foil...TURN IT OFF! OP must really hate chocolate.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't think you know what the word "objectively" means...

of course i do, I'm trying to make a point. I think you already knew that.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That is the first time I ever seen that commercial and I actually thought it was pretty funny.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Lets see what happens when an Easter ad rolls around with those wonderful Kisses in pastel colors.

#91 3 years ago

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I don't like the new Hershey's kisses commercial. The original version was really good as-is.
And save your vitriol, because it has nothing to do with racism.

I also do not like the M&M's Hazelnut Spread TV commercial, where the other M&Ms have eaten the new spokescandy.
I just don't like commercials where they humanize the product and then cannibalize it.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol please you’re being naive... this is the most simple and objectively non annoying commercial I’ve ever seen. There is only one reason to “hate” this thing.

Nope. You pushing a narrative. Nice it off. If the word hate triggers you so much, then multiply that by 1000% when you start accusing people if what you are.

Just quit. No one accused anyone of anything like your doing. I’m sorry. Implying!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m genuinely interested if it’s just the word hate that is causing all the misunderstanding as to the post. Is it because it’s capitalized? What is causing people to just to their conclusion?

Better yet, let me flip this. Since no one is going to change anyone else’s mind. Help me understand why screaming racist and pointing fingers is the conclusion that needs to be drawn.

Now, stop before you keyboard cowboys start telling me I’m wrong or don’t understand. Tell me how your narrative or agenda changes if the OP is African American. Since all the name callers seem to know what people are thinking and what’s in their hearts, you should defiantly know someone’s ethnicity.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I’m genuinely interested if it’s just the word hate that is causing all the misunderstanding as to the post. Is it because it’s capitalized? What is causing people to just to their conclusion?
Better yet, let me flip this. Since no one is going to change anyone else’s mind. Help me understand why screaming racist and pointing fingers is the conclusion that needs to be drawn.
Now, stop before you keyboard cowboys start telling me I’m wrong or don’t understand. Tell me how your narrative or agenda changes if the OP is African American. Since all the name callers seem to know what people are thinking and what’s in their hearts, you should defiantly know someone’s ethnicity.

The fact that someone takes time from their day to shit on a nice commercial that features a black family because it somehow interferes with their nostalgia is incredibly selfish and self centered. The fact that they care more about preserving an absurd tradition rather than promoting a positive message of diversity is in fact racist in itself. In my opinion.

I am not a super lib PC police, I hate cancel culture, I don’t believe people are inherently racist. However this specific instance to me is so absurd that I have no other explanation for someone being annoyed by this.

#95 3 years ago

This is funny to me because it was EXACTLY one year ago this week that everyone was outraged about the Peloton ad. Maybe this has some psychological time cycle.

Or maybe it’s a sign we’re getting back to normal. Worrying about meaningless shit instead of elections and pandemics. God I hope so!

#96 3 years ago

Im as liberal as they come, but when I see somebody accuse somebody else of racism simply because they don’t like something that has black people in it, I’m sorry, but that seems like it’s their own guilty conscience talking.

#97 3 years ago

I would rather listen to commercials. Here are 2 classics.......

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Im as liberal as they come, but when I see somebody accuse somebody else of racism simply because they don’t like something that has black people in it, I’m sorry, but that seems like it’s their own guilty conscience talking.

I get that the OP is not racist simply for starting this thread. And I had no idea that this was the controversy du jour. but if someone has a problem with this ad - and the clear only difference to original is that they added a black family baking cookies as a cut in - is it that big of a leap to wonder if they have a problem with said black family? And are perhaps... (huge leap here) Racists?

That is literally the only thing different about the ad.

I get it that this a dangerous accusation that gets thrown around a lot today. But what am I missing here?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

This is funny to me because it was EXACTLY one year ago this week that everyone was outraged about the Peloton ad. Maybe this has some psychological time cycle.
Or maybe it’s a sign we’re getting back to normal. Worrying about meaningless shit instead of elections and pandemics. God I hope so!

What was wrong with the Peloton ad? Being in Canada, maybe I didn't see it.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

What was wrong with the Peloton ad? Being in Canada, maybe I didn't see it.

Guy bought his hot wife a peloton that SHE wanted for christmas. No biggie! But all of the nutjobs out there implied that he's a total dick for doing that and the real reason he bought it was to make sure she stayed in shape and maintained her hotness, or something.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-hate-the-newest-hersheys-kisses-xmas-bells-commercial/page/2?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.