(Topic ID: 197313)

Anyone else gotten a CPR plastic set missing a plastic?

By tomdrum

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tomdrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Bought a CPR Space Invaders plastics set a month ago direct and finally had the time today to install it. Figured I'd clean the game and wax while I was at it. After peeling off the paper and starting at the bottom, I realized I was shorted the biggest piece, "the clone chamber". What a bummer after all that work. Emailed them, didn't expect a reply quickly as that is the norm. Anyone else experience this?

#2 6 years ago

I had a set of plastics arrive with a broken piece once. I contacted them and they sent a replacement from another set that was rejected because of defects elsewhere in the set. It took a while to get a response and the replacement, though.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Bought a CPR Space Invaders plastics set a month ago direct and finally had the time today to install it. Figured I'd clean the game and wax while I was at it. After peeling off the paper and starting at the bottom, I realized I was shorted the biggest piece, "the clone chamber". What a bummer after all that work. Emailed them, didn't expect a reply quickly as that is the norm. Anyone else experience this?

I had exactly the same plastic missing in the set I got with a machine I bought from a guy. He sold me the machine with the "new" CPR plastic set still in the package and when I finally got around to messing with the machine I discovered that plastic was missing from the set?

Please post how you make out with them on this. I doubt they will do anything for me but I would love to know how you do with them resolving your issue.

#4 6 years ago

I got one way back in the day that has cracked at the screw holes all to high heaven. I'm sure they're better now but at the time that left a bitter taste in my mouth for their stuff, especially when the ugly repros I got from South America at least didn't crack.

#5 6 years ago

Still no response from CPR. Frustrating to say the least.

#6 6 years ago

Follow up. Kevin is sending a replacement. If you buy a Space Invaders plastics set I suggest you open it immediately and check for the largest piece. Per the email:

It doesn't go in the bag
(doesn't fit) and requires Thomas (the packer) to manually grab one and
tape it into the box. Looks like he forgot.

- Kevin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 199.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-gotten-a-cpr-plastic-set-missing-a-plastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.