(Topic ID: 137457)

Anyone else getting bored with there 90's B/W games?

By jgentry

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wellplayedboob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monster_bash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 8 years ago

Funny...I'm just the opposite. With Stern's cookie cutter re-hashed fan layouts and bash this thing mentality... I find my self even more attracted to the 90s B/W (and even 80s) games.

#101 8 years ago

Trying to figure out what's 'modern' with a new Stern VS B/W games of 20 years ago...LEDs maybe?

Quoted from jgentry:

They are modern

#107 8 years ago

I guess our opinions on 'modern' are different.

You can pretty much look at any electronic product made 20~25 years ago compared to the same one made today and see massive improvements. Even in the sister business arcade game...the improvement is crazy. I just don't see any of that in Stern games. In fact...I see less innovation than what B\W was doing. Stern keeps rehashing and bashing

It's probably the reason they always do licensed stuff. They almost have to...to sell games.

I'm just glad Stern isn't running Sony...I've probably still have a giant 35" 400 pound CRT TV in my living room.

Quoted from jgentry:

LED's play are part but they are in general much brighter and the themes are mostly current (granted they will be outdated like everything else eventually). They typically play faster also and have a little more intense feel to them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monster_bash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-getting-bored-with-there-90s-bw-games?tu=monster_bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.