(Topic ID: 137457)

Anyone else getting bored with there 90's B/W games?

By jgentry

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wellplayedboob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

No.

Best games that have been - or ever will be - made. The realities of the business and the collapse of the coin op industry mean we'll never see that kind of consistent quality or free expression of creativity on a mass scale In pinball again.

I never get sick of them and it's great when I get the rare chance to get into one I've never owned or played before.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

And what is the best game ever?

Ill field this one:

Probably attack from mars.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

The only 90's B/W I've owned is roadshow, but as much as I may like to play the likes of MM/AFM/SS/CV/CC, etc, the value never seemed to be there. In other words AFM is fun but not $8k fun when you can get SM for mid $4k. Is MM worth $8-12k when you can get LOTR for less than half the price? If the price ever equalizes out, maybe, but there are SO many other fun games for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price there's not the slight rush to take the plunge into what, to me, appear to be overpriced games.

Once you are talking about spending $6,000 for a game, you kinda lose the right to play the "Afm is overpriced!" Game. It's tough to say that mm at $8,000 is some kinda crazy price to pay for a pinball game and Lotr at $6500 isn't.

Somewhere there's an EM guy who thinks you are all idiots.

#93 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I agree but not all B/W games are $8000+. You could easily reverse your argument. For the price of an AC/DC premium, you could get 2 or 3 great B/W pins like Shadow, Congo, WCS, FT, HS2, etc. Basically, there is a price point where all games get too expensive for most of us and thus "overpriced".

Fact.

"Stern games are too expensive!!! For the price of ONE Tron LE, I could get three or four classic B/W games!!!!!"

Like I said, once you are talking $4000-$8000, the whole "such and such is overpriced!!!" game is silly.

Somewhere there's an EM guy laughing at you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-getting-bored-with-there-90s-bw-games?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.