Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ted_pinball_1.jpg
    ted_game_room_5.jpg
    centigrade_37_flyer_sign.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider espo66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Most of my games were crumpled ashtrays of a game when they came in the door.
    When I restore them, they get torn down, rebuilt, fixed, etc.
    They should be as good as, perhaps better than new.
    Parts fail, that's a given. New parts fail, old parts fail.
    So, parts could fail - but I'm confident that I could fix them again. And I'm certain they get less abuse in my home than they did on route.
    So, I don't worry. If something breaks, I get to enjoy fixing it.
    If my guests can't play a particular game for a day or two, they can either play another game, or enjoy my company

Blackbeard,

I think we all have felt what you are saying in the past. The above is the disposition you should adopt and the one I have. You will only get better at fixing them as things break and the years go by. Remember, all things can be fixed and most are minor. This hobby is one of the few you can truley share with others...young and old...don't let the fear of somthing breaking interfere with that.

My dad moved in with us last year. Sometimes I feel like his personal tech, but he has played the crap out of all my machines. They get used and he is enjoying himself.

Just kick back and enjoy!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Do you guys attach a cord or something from the backbox to the raised playfield so it doesn't fall?
    What about the added stress on the backbox?

No, just rest it against the backbox. If it is a later model DMD and you need to solder the EOS flipper switches, for example, then pull the playfield out over where the lock down bar connects and rest it on the supports...sit on the floor in front of the coin door and solder away. Many options when working on them, and resting the PF on the bar or against the BB should not make you worry about damage.

A solid investment for under playfield, PF still in the machine, type of work is to purchase a soldering iron that runs on butane. I picked one up for around $40...can't rememeber the name right now, but this frees you from the chord and can aid in getting to the tight spots.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider espo66.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-get-this-same-fear?tu=espo66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.