(Topic ID: 232578)

Anyone else get this new Pinball Book for Christmas?

By MrBally

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181227_173844 (resized).jpg
    20181227_173700 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Pinball Wizards, Published in 2018. It seems interesting. I don't recall seeing it advertised/promoted/crowdfunded on pinside.....

20181227_173700 (resized).jpg20181227_173700 (resized).jpg20181227_173844 (resized).jpg20181227_173844 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Not for Christmas, but I have read it and enjoyed.

#3 5 years ago

Yes , I sure did..haven’t started it yet though.

#4 5 years ago

My wife got it for me over the summer - the book has some good info; the writing could have used another pass with a copy editor, but it’s pretty good for a first book. They have it on display at “VUK”, a pizza place with a great collection that I frequent in Bethesda, MD.

#5 5 years ago

Our library had it. A light, enjoyable read.

#6 5 years ago

My Secret Santa got me a copy. I laughed at the dedication. That's about as far as I made it so far. Looks interesting.

#7 5 years ago

I met the author at a story-telling event in Rockville, MD earlier this year. I bought the book, and loved it. It has a lot of information about recent pinball news, the new companies, etc. I stopped paying attention to pinball stuff around 2000, I'd guess, so the book really filled in the missing years for me. The author intertwines his own fortunes (up and down) at pinball tournaments with the cyclical ups and downs of the industry in a way I found engaging. He's going to speak at an event at our local pinball palace (Mom's Organic Market in College Park, MD) in January, but unfortunately I'll be in Seattle.

#8 5 years ago

Read it last summer on my daughters ereader. Nice book, interesting stories of what happened the last years.

#10 5 years ago

Read it. It was good.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-get-this-new-pinball-book-for-christmas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.