• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Phatchit
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

specs (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

It's been over a decade since Microsoft released a new flight simulator but that all ends on August 18th with the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020! This simulator seems to be a game changer as Microsoft is leveraging Bing Maps data, AI and it's Azure cloud servers to basically 3D generate the entire Earth and every house, building, and airport on it. Real time air traffic and weather will be in the game as well. Check out the level of detail below from the launch trailer, crazy.

It's time to land a Cessna on the road in front of the Stern factory lol.

Microsoft is releasing 3 versions of Flight Simulator 2020, standard, premium, and deluxe. The higher end version includes more planes and handcrafted airports. Even though 35,000+ airports on Earth are created using Bing Maps, AI and Azure data a number of airports have been handcrafted with extra details.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-airports

More info

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-trailer/

specs (resized).JPGspecs (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4 3 years ago

Lots of new videos now coming out as a wider beta is now occurring. The "game" looks amazing. Just got in my new PC parts.

Looking forward to trying out the Icon A5 in the sim.

2 months later
#6 3 years ago

*Updating thread title*

Anyone else playing MSFS 2020 now that it's been out a couple months? I just got a 3080 Founders Edition for my new PC and it's been a huge jump over the original 1080 I had in there. I've been playing the sim at low to average difficulty for the past month but want to start trying the more difficult settings and properly start the plane.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I have FS 2020. Waiting on a honeycomb yoke!
I can’t find a rtx 3080 anywhere!!!

Cool! The Honeycomb Yoke is amazing, I picked one up a couple months back. Have you seen the upcoming Honeycomb Quadrant? Looks sick.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/products/bravo-throttle-quadrant

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Oh yes I have ! Getting that for sure!!

Sweet. I wish I got in on the preorders but missed them, seems like its going to be another hard to get item. It's crazy seeing almost all flight sim accessories being out of stock. With more people at home due to the pandemic and the release of MSFS 2020 it seems like there's been a big uptick in the hobby.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Hey guys , been thinking of getting into this game because I’m thinking of building a cool flight sim setup . Been wanting one for a while . What parts should I be looking at buying to get a good setup . I have 0 things , so Total noob asking for advice .

Hi! I would be happy to suggest some options. What is your budget for a PC, display, and flight controls?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-excited-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.