(Topic ID: 14350)

Anyone else do a ridiculous restore on a less conventional title?

By lukerp

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by system11
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

right_orbit.jpg
    breakshot_pf_full.jpg
    breakshot_machine.jpg
    tn[8].jpg
    tn[4]_(6).jpg
    Flipper_coil_installed.jpg
    photo_10.jpg
    tn[3]_(2).jpg
    P1010020.JPG
    tn[1].jpg
    P1010009.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    P1010004.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hey all,

I never said I was the smartest person out there, but I thought I'd float this one out there. It seems people are willing to put up quite a bit of money to restore higher-end games (AFM, TZ, MB, that sort of thing). I was wondering if anyone here has dumped a fair amount of money into some less popular title just out of love for the game?

The reason I ask is I have a reasonable collection of games; nothing horribly extravagant by the standards here, but well rounded. I'm planning on putting quite a bit of money, money that I know I won't get out of the games, into both Flash and Pin*Bot. Anyone else do this just because they love a particular game?

I guess my take on it is that my Mom's first car was a '67 Challenger with a 383, and my Dad's was a '66 Fairlane 500 with the 390. I've always thought it would be cool to have one or both of those in the garage, and no one would bat an eye if I dropped fifteen or twenty thousand on either (okay, I could probably get a really nice Fairlane for that kind of money, but you get the point). Does anyone view pins the same way? Just some food for thought.

Luke

#3 12 years ago

Hey,

Yeah, I've had my preorder in for the Pin*Bot for some time, and there is someone looking for a NOS or similar playfield on RGP to do a scan for Flash. Ah, hobbies...

Luke

#20 12 years ago

Hey,

Well, that seems to tell me what I need to know. We'll see how this beast works out for me...

Luke

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-do-a-ridiculous-restore-on-a-less-conventional-title?tu=lukerp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.