Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Ok, I am finally at my wit's end here

I heard from a couple out her pinsiders that they ordered parts by a guy with the pinside ID: povlok.

Now that I look back, I sent this guy $300 for flash gordon parts over 1 year ago at this point. Now looking back at his posts he has deleted and edited a bunch of information out.

I still have his phone number and would call once a month up until a couple months ago when I finally told him enough is enough and I'd like to just take a refund. Now I get radio silence.

I know for a fact most of his deals for the CPR playfields went through. A close friend of mine acasually got the highspeed CPF from him. So he was the one that vouched for the guy.

It seems he come in, put a bunch of marketplace adds up then took off.

I'm thinking I just have to eat the money. As it's been so long and it was sent friends and family.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with this guy?

For the last 8 months I've gotten the,"don't worry one more month it will be on your way." Then, " Don't worry one more week I promise almost everything is boxed up and ready to go." Then the same one week excuse happens for a good couple months.

Now, like I said I still have his number and give him calls on a regular basis. Up to a couple months ago he was super responsive to any questions I had. Now silence.

Does anyone know of any repercussions I might still be able to make against him to get this money back?

People that pull these tricks baffle my mind. And x why did a bunch of his other items get shipped while I got the Shafts?

I sent him a new email telling him that I no longer want the parts. There is no reason now that it's been over a year and the parts i needed I found other places. So I told him I'd like a charge back. This is when everything went silent. No responses at all.

Once I have an open day I guess I'll just have to call the number over and over until he is so angry he picks up.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks,
Jabbles180

#2 7 years ago

Talk to a detective in your local police department. They may be able to help.

If you mailed payment, contact your local postmaster.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

If it is paypal like it sounded open a dispute and explain the entire situation.

#4 7 years ago

A year!? No, Paypal and police will do nothing. That money is as good as gone.

Posting about it here was a good decision, if nothing else so maybe other people don't send him money, unless he lists a GBLE spot with less than $1000 markup.

#5 7 years ago

"Fry that MOTHA FUCKAAAA"

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

I've been trying to get ahold of him for the last couple days to no response.

He now has my calls on auto decline.

He has all the information he needs to paypal me the money I sent he back to my account.

#7 7 years ago

Money was returned to my account. Seems life had gotten in the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

7,995 (OBO)
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 179.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-deal-with-povlok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.