(Topic ID: 190233)

Anyone else collect movie props, memorabilia or autographs?

By hAbO

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C5D02015-7F21-4AF8-9827-C4CFFB925598 (resized).jpeg
9C5E7FFA-D8A7-46AC-87ED-50C73957C9E8 (resized).jpeg
2B32B3F1-0969-438D-8F45-AD80E26D54A9 (resized).jpeg
91427438-61BE-4866-9186-EEC2FD575B81 (resized).jpeg
30198A14-B919-4C6F-AB38-F8D283013DAB (resized).jpeg
ted office wide 1 (resized).JPG
20191027105603077 (resized).jpg
20191027105505708 (resized).jpg
20191027105448289 (resized).jpg
20191027105439084 (resized).jpg
20191027105400636 (resized).jpg
20191027120942867 (resized).jpg
20191027120936646 (resized).jpg
20191027120929689 (resized).jpg
20191027120919766 (resized).jpg
20191027120647080 (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

I've been collecting a few items here and there when I have the chance as a hobby. I also like to meet and get celebrity autographs. Some we have displayed in the basement-cade

375292 (resized).jpg375292 (resized).jpg
Anchorman - Milk (resized).jpgAnchorman - Milk (resized).jpg
Anchorman - Milk 4 (resized).jpgAnchorman - Milk 4 (resized).jpg
Anchorman - Station Award (resized).jpgAnchorman - Station Award (resized).jpg
Anchorman - Station Award 2 (resized).jpgAnchorman - Station Award 2 (resized).jpg
BSD - Swordsman Theatre Puppet Display 3 (resized).pngBSD - Swordsman Theatre Puppet Display 3 (resized).png
BSD - Swordsman Theatre Puppet Display (resized).pngBSD - Swordsman Theatre Puppet Display (resized).png
Back to the Future - Storyboard (resized).pngBack to the Future - Storyboard (resized).png
Dinner for Shmucks - Winner Trophy (resized).jpgDinner for Shmucks - Winner Trophy (resized).jpg
Dinner for Shmucks - Winner Trophy 2 (resized).pngDinner for Shmucks - Winner Trophy 2 (resized).png
Terminator 2 - Sarah Connor's Tank Top 2 (resized).jpgTerminator 2 - Sarah Connor's Tank Top 2 (resized).jpg
Terminator 2 - Sarah Connor's Tank Top (resized).jpgTerminator 2 - Sarah Connor's Tank Top (resized).jpg
Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back Storyboard (resized).pngStar Wars - The Empire Strikes Back Storyboard (resized).png
84e98a9d0d07576344359a1744346f81204411da (resized).jpg84e98a9d0d07576344359a1744346f81204411da (resized).jpg
Fight Club - Tylor Durden Airplane Ticket (resized).pngFight Club - Tylor Durden Airplane Ticket (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

That milk carton is amazing. Nice collection.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Radium!

#4 6 years ago

I thought I had something cool, nope. Amazing stuff. This was made by an actual Disney special effects person just for me.

IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPG
IMG_1219 (resized).JPGIMG_1219 (resized).JPG

And my autographed LOTR translite. Signed by Pippin, Sam and Gimli.

3FA8E596-2ED7-4342-9A59-205F94A914DF (resized).JPG3FA8E596-2ED7-4342-9A59-205F94A914DF (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

I build Proton Packs.

two packs done (resized).jpgtwo packs done (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

I don't collect, but I do have Walt Disney's autograph, from my grandfather.

#7 6 years ago

I had to go back on my old Facebook photos to find these, but I'll see if I can get some newer ones of the Alien replica stuff my husband has. The Lost stuff is all authentic. We have Claire's medical records, baby bag, baby stuff, Aaron's stuffed orca, Dharma cans, a drug-filled (fake of course) statue, the Expose bag (no diamonds came with it sadly,) and hand drawn storyboards. I also got hooked up by spfxted because he knows the actor that played Artz, and I got signed photos and a cast t-shirt sent straight to me.

lost3 (resized).jpglost3 (resized).jpg
lost4 (resized).jpglost4 (resized).jpg
lost2 (resized).jpglost2 (resized).jpg
lost1 (resized).jpglost1 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

I think Ted has some pretty cool shit - especially pictures with some of the greats.

I collected original movie posters before pinball - and still have most of them. A few nice things - but lots of stuff I probably shouldn't have!

#9 6 years ago

I've collected screen used movie props, vintage posters, and autographs for about 15 years, but have been focusing a lot more on pinball the past few years. I don't have a huge collection of stuff, but what I do have I really love owning - most of it from films in the 80s/early-90s I grew up with. I also have a number of vintage posters, some signed by a variety of actors.

Below are some items from Ghostbusters, TMNT, Dick Tracy, and Addams Family Values. In addition, the largest collection of stuff I have from a single film is a guilty pleasure of mine - the Super Mario Bros. movie from 1993. A lot of people hate it, but I have always found it to be a fun film and the production design in particular always caught my attention. It was such a weird mixture of Mad Max meets Blade Runner with some very subtle references to the games thrown in. I've been incredibly lucky to find a number of hero and background props, concept art, and other production materials from the film. Enjoy!

Stay Puft Hand Display 1 - small (resized).jpgStay Puft Hand Display 1 - small (resized).jpg

GB II Patch Framed - small (resized).jpgGB II Patch Framed - small (resized).jpg

Leo Sketch Production Photograph (resized).jpgLeo Sketch Production Photograph (resized).jpg

Ooze Canister 1 (resized).jpgOoze Canister 1 (resized).jpg

Tracy Arrested Newspaper 1 (resized).jpgTracy Arrested Newspaper 1 (resized).jpg

scotts 275 (resized).jpgscotts 275 (resized).jpg

Camp Chippewa Life Ring 1 - small (resized).jpgCamp Chippewa Life Ring 1 - small (resized).jpg

Mario Tools 4.5 (resized).jpgMario Tools 4.5 (resized).jpg

Snifit Mask 5.5 (resized).jpgSnifit Mask 5.5 (resized).jpg

Hero Necklace 1 (resized).jpgHero Necklace 1 (resized).jpg

Bullet Bill 4 small (resized).jpgBullet Bill 4 small (resized).jpg

Bullet Bill 3 small (resized).jpgBullet Bill 3 small (resized).jpg

Hero Stomper - Restored 2 (resized).jpgHero Stomper - Restored 2 (resized).jpg

Hero Stomper - Restored 3 (resized).jpgHero Stomper - Restored 3 (resized).jpg

Stomper Boots 1 - small (resized).jpgStomper Boots 1 - small (resized).jpg

Stomper Boot Bottom 1 - small (resized).jpgStomper Boot Bottom 1 - small (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Pretty cool stuff BD & Blondetall. Ted should have a few items from all his years working at Chiller Theatre. I remember he donated a native "torch" from the original King Kong for our auction one year.

#11 6 years ago

2 websites I frequent for props are:

www.ScreenUsed.com
www.PropStore.com

They are pretty reputable in my opinion. Both allow you to add favorite movies to your profile for updates as when something is for sale (dangerous)!!!

#12 6 years ago

Yeah those are great sources for real, screen used items. I have bought some things from both of them.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I've collected screen used movie props, vintage posters, and autographs for about 15 years, but have been focusing a lot more on pinball the past few years. I don't have a huge collection of stuff, but what I do have I really love owning - most of it from films in the 80s/early-90s I grew up with. I also have a number of vintage posters, some signed by a variety of actors.
Below are some items from Ghostbusters, TMNT, Dick Tracy, and Addams Family Values. In addition, the largest collection of stuff I have from a single film is a guilty pleasure of mine - the Super Mario Bros. movie from 1993. A lot of people hate it, but I have always found it to be a fun film and the production design in particular always caught my attention. It was such a weird mixture of Mad Max meets Blade Runner with some very subtle references to the games thrown in. I've been incredibly lucky to find a number of hero and background props, concept art, and other production materials from the film. Enjoy!

What's the blue bullet from?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I build Proton Packs.

You too eh? That means there are 3 of us here.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

What's the blue bullet from?

It's a Bullet Bill from the 1993 Super Mario Bros. film. One of the few iconic references to the games that can be seen in the film. There are actually a ton of references to the games scattered throughout the film, but a lot of them are either hard to see or the reference is sort of a stretch to be tied to the game. It's always been fun looking out for those sorts of things when watching it though.

The Stomper Boots, for example, are a reference to the angry-faced gray Thwomp blocks that would fall on you in the Koopa castle levels of the games

#16 6 years ago

Milk was a bad choice.

I've got a few things here and there, but the majority of my stuff is from the Stargate TV franchise. I've got multiple pieces and costumes from each of the series. Everything from concept art to replicator blocks to patches to document folders to hero costumes. Nothing's really on display at the moment because I don't really have an area, or part of a room that I can dedicate to it yet. But it will happen...

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

lot of people hate it

TRUST THE FUNGUS!!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

You too eh? That means there are 3 of us here.

Funny, my brother used to build proton packs that were used in the Universal Studios parade at their theme parks.

#19 6 years ago

Where does one buy movie props?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Where does one buy movie props?

Go F#%€ yourself

-d0n

JK

Here you are:

http://www.ScreenUsed.com
http://www.PropStore.com

Also check eBay

#21 6 years ago

eBay has a lot of official sellers that have the props and costumes that come direct from the studios and they have the proper provenance and COAs to accompany the items, as well. One of the newer prop sellers to eBay in the last few years is:

ebay.com link: usr

They are getting a LOT of stuff from TV shows as well as movies and it's typically all hero stuff, but if it's not(i.e. stunt double worn or used), they mention that in the title of the auction and in the description. Lots of really cool stuff recently with the onslaught of fantasy-based shows out there. They get a lot of the more well known shows and recent movies, too.

I've purchased a number or items from them and they are fantastic. Extremely organized, well executed, everything ships super fast, and is well packed.

#22 6 years ago

IMG_2067 (resized).JPGIMG_2067 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#24 6 years ago

Toys! Posters!

monster curio (resized).jpgmonster curio (resized).jpg

ted lobby wall 1 (resized).jpgted lobby wall 1 (resized).jpg

#25 6 years ago

a few more

IMG_2195 (resized).JPGIMG_2195 (resized).JPG

IMG_2196 (resized).JPGIMG_2196 (resized).JPG

#26 6 years ago

I want a life size terminator endoskelton bad but every time I have the money to buy one. I end up getting a pin. I just can't seem to pull the trigger. Hopefully one day.
It would go awesome with my salvation and T2 gun arcade

#27 6 years ago

I have more prop replicas than I do actual props because I can't afford the real thing. I do have some money used in the movie Serenity, some Ewok fur from Return of the Jedi, as well as a storyboard from the original Terminator. However for replicas, I have some iconic ones on a wall as you walk downstairs to my theater. I also have some in the bathroom off of the theater (the picture here isn't the most recent - I have a few other replicas now, like a Batterang and a stormtrooper doll from the latest Star Wars movie.

Prop Wall (resized).jpgProp Wall (resized).jpg

20170122_124450 (resized).jpg20170122_124450 (resized).jpg

20170507_102613 (resized).jpg20170507_102613 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

I love this stuff. Im hoping the new Blade Runner movie will do well.....and they some replica props. I cant afford the real props either

#29 6 years ago

IMG_1864 (resized).JPGIMG_1864 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#31 6 years ago

ted ray guns.jpg (resized).jpgted ray guns.jpg (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago

Ted that Ymir looks really cool- I've not seen that before; where did you get it?

also it looks like the Kong you have is from a different series than the chain stand he's on. Do you have that kong too?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ted that Ymir looks really cool- I've not seen that before; where did you get it?

Thanks. Which one? The full figure or bust?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

also it looks like the Kong you have is from a different series than the chain stand he's on. Do you have that kong too?

That's the Kong that was in the box. I've had it quite a long time...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks. Which one? The full figure or bust?

That's the Kong that was in the box. I've had it quite a long time...

No kidding! I have a Kong (sideshowtoys, i think) which has the same stand, but the Kong sculpt is totally different! I'll post a picture when I get home

The Ymir was the full figure - just now noticed the bust. Very cool. My son (as did I) grew up watching Ray harryhausen so he's WAY into these figures. He used to call Ymir "the baby" .. lol

#35 6 years ago

Yes, would love to see a pic. That version was the "Harryhausen Edition", no?
There are actually 3 Ymir's there. One (green) is facing front. It's pretty cool....and big!
The one you are talking about is pretty big also...It's that polystone or something.
Luckily, I know many of the model sculptors, so I get one already painted...

#36 6 years ago

This one, right?

kkhh (resized).jpgkkhh (resized).jpg

28521d32854971.5605c9e4bcd1c (resized).jpg28521d32854971.5605c9e4bcd1c (resized).jpg

#37 6 years ago

Does yours look like this?

6a00d834525fe869e2017ee3fb451c970d-500wi (resized).png6a00d834525fe869e2017ee3fb451c970d-500wi (resized).png

#38 6 years ago

Hahah yes that's it! I guess they are different after all. Now I want to go dig all those out...

A friend of mine just bought a life size Exorcist "Regan" doll that (I think?) was used in the movie. It is unholy looking, he has it in the front room when you come into the house. Not nice! Lol

4 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

ted office wide 1 (resized).JPGted office wide 1 (resized).JPG
ted office cu (resized).JPGted office cu (resized).JPG

ted office wide 2 (resized).JPGted office wide 2 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago

Damn Ted your room is awesome!! My friend had a uncle with a room like that. I use to go over there and just get lost in all of his cool stuff in the room. All kinds of horror movie memorabilia, models, posters, figures, magazines. Just Wow! He had a stack of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines too. BTW, love the James Arness "The Thing" model. Excellent movie.

You can't have a room like that without Ray Harryhausen creatures. Just saying!

#43 6 years ago

Yes...I have them all!
That is one room. There are 4 others. AND, I've been selling my collection for 15 years!

IMG_4108 (resized).JPGIMG_4108 (resized).JPG

#44 6 years ago

Before I sold 70% of my poster collection to buy a house my old office had wall to wall ceiling to ceiling 50's movie posters.

ted office pal pk 2 (resized).jpgted office pal pk 2 (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago

I would get lost in that room.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hahah yes that's it! I guess they are different after all. Now I want to go dig all those out...
A friend of mine just bought a life size Exorcist "Regan" doll that (I think?) was used in the movie. It is unholy looking, he has it in the front room when you come into the house. Not nice! Lol

Pictures please!!!!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...I have them all!

IMG_0093 (resized).JPGIMG_0093 (resized).JPG

#48 6 years ago

Been collecting for over 45 years....

#49 6 years ago

Okay Ted, I gotta ask. What about pics of your movie collection???

#50 6 years ago

You mean collection of VHS, DVD, Laser Disc, Blu-Ray collection? Or movie poster collection? Or model kits? Or paintings?

IMG_0946 (resized).jpgIMG_0946 (resized).jpg

IMG_4327 (resized).JPGIMG_4327 (resized).JPG

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-collect-movie-props-memorabilia-or-autographs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.