Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    2020-06-05 10_44_50-triggered meme - Google Search (resized).png
    71B4-Wph3NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    ED2Book-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

This is stupid. I can see being asked or warned first, but to just open FB 1 week after the leak and be banned...get real.

You got banned from FB over pinball.........so good.

I have a new found respect for your awesomeness.

#86 3 years ago

I'm most curious about why they were banned. I assume it is the leaked pics but who knows.

If it is the leaked photos I'm surprised you would not have been warned first. I understand the whole idea about them being "stolen" property but I don't understand the idea of not warning someone first. Esp for a first time offense.

Nvibe is def. one of the good pinball guys and is enthusiastic about pinball in all forms. Sometimes over enthusiastic.....I.E. wanting to build a non powered version of pinball so I can take it with me when I camp with my family.

Leaks have been an ongoing problem for Stern for ages. You would think by now they would put some type of trackable watermark on the material they send to distributors. Even if it was by region they could narrow down where the issue is.

Otherwise stop releasing the info ahead of time. It will always get out and once its out you can't get it back.

As they say in my business. All press is good press. Good or Bad.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

It’s simple if Stern doesn’t want the pics out yet they should not be out. Desire to see the machine early doesn’t make it any less wrong to leak photos.
    It’s not “Sterns fault” a photo gets leaked try running a large company and see how long you could keep a 300lb box a secret.
    Undoubtedly this creates a hardship for someone or many at the company. Maybe licensing, maybe the legal team, maybe the person who has to hunt all these photos down online.
    Think about how your actions affect others not just your wants......and yes I realize this probably isn’t a popular opinion, but companies Like Stern are full of regular people just doing a job like you and me.

That is a very valid point and well said.

I guess I use Spooky as an example. I understand that they are a smaller company but if memory serves they have not had issues with leaks. Those in the know keep things quiet. Maybe the keep the circle smaller so there are no issues.

I guess what I’m saying is there is a way to control the narrative if that is yout ultimate goal and I also think it’s silly to think that in this day and age of social media and all the different platforms that if you don’t keep things super tight it will be out there in an instant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-banned-from-fb-for-posting-leaked-tmnt-pics?tu=ChrisS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.