Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    2020-06-05 10_44_50-triggered meme - Google Search (resized).png
    71B4-Wph3NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    ED2Book-1 (resized).jpg
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

I logged into FB last night and my account is banned. My podcast page, flippin and mashing, gone, my co-host was also banned. FULL permanent ban. Both our personal accounts plus podcast page. I can ONLY assume this was for posting leaked TMNT pictures....

Anyone else get banned? This is stupid. I can see being asked or warned first, but to just open FB 1 week after the leak and be banned...get real.

#2 3 years ago

Listen to Kaneda's latest podcast....

#3 3 years ago

You got shelled.

#4 3 years ago

you earned it buddy!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

This is stupid. I can see being asked or warned first, but to just open FB 1 week after the leak and be banned...get real.

You got banned from FB over pinball.........so good.

I have a new found respect for your awesomeness.

#6 3 years ago

WTF is FB coming to? It’s always been a sh!tshow, but man has it rapidly gone down hill in the last few months.

#7 3 years ago

Fakebook did you a favor.

#8 3 years ago

What is this Facebook you speak of?

#9 3 years ago

Facebook (FB) + Instagram (I) = FBI database

#10 3 years ago

Lmao . Got any gnr pics by chance? Lol

#11 3 years ago

And yet ___________ is still on Facebook!

(Fill in the blank with terrible person of your choice. But not me. I'm not on Facebook)

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I'm not on Facebook

I have never been on it.

Pinside is the only social media I have ever messed with.

#13 3 years ago

Ugh! Shell shocked

#14 3 years ago

Fuck fakebook

#15 3 years ago

Luckily this is my Pinball account, if I can't get this reversed then screw it, done with FB. But it was nice to have it for the Podcast, local pinball stuff, state pinball groups, and selling things.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Luckily this is my Pinball account, if I can't get this reversed then screw it, done with FB. But it was nice to have it for the Podcast, local pinball stuff, state pinball groups, and selling things.

How do you know you were banned for posting those pics? You received no notification?

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Facebook (FB) + Instagram (I) = FBI database

Plus tracking. How convenient!

#18 3 years ago

How is it facebook’s job to enforce Stern’s desire for privacy? I could maybe understand taking down photos, but punishment? Ridiculous. There are a thousand social media accounts posting every shred of a leak from Apple & Android phones. Maybe Stern should take a hint from massively successful companies and just enjoy the free publicity. Once the pictures are out there’s no stopping them anyway. Information wants to be free.

#19 3 years ago

What tools. Stern just lost some respect.

#20 3 years ago

Grown men use Facebook?

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I could maybe understand taking down photos, but punishment? Ridiculous.

I agree. But Facebook allows comments regarding riots from John Borg who recently posted:
    “send them to gated communities to go after the bankers”

Odd rules indeed.

#23 3 years ago

Sounds like I need to friend John Borg!

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I logged into FB last night and my account is banned. My podcast page, flippin and mashing, gone, my co-host was also banned. FULL permanent ban. Both our personal accounts plus podcast page. I can ONLY assume this was for posting leaked TMNT pictures....
    Anyone else get banned? This is stupid. I can see being asked or warned first, but to just open FB 1 week after the leak and be banned...get real.

Surely you can see why the anti-vax stuff can stay up but the pinball stuff gets the banhammer, right? Yeah, me neither.

#26 3 years ago

I once farted and got baned from the thing where people gathered

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sounds like I need to friend John Borg!

Yeah it's a trip. Along with the quoted gold, you also get dirt biking and his cool, syd-barretesque guitar stylings!

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

How do you know you were banned for posting those pics? You received no notification?

Posting the leaks, then deadflips streams and then sterns press release were the only activity on my pinball FB account for 2 weeks :/ And for both my podcast cohost, myself and our podcast be banned from FB, that has to be it.

In the ban, they tell you nothing. Not why, what you did, who reported. You can submit for review, and that is just submitting your phone number and a picture of yourself. Real nice for all the loud people to get a pass but a small time podcast enthusiast to get fully banned.....

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I agree. But Facebook allows comments regarding riots from John Borg who recently posted:
    “send them to gated communities to go after the bankers”
    Odd rules indeed.

If we were asked or warned to remove pictures or the posts, it would of been no problem. Like everyone else, we are super excited for this game. We even did a podcast episode with our thoughts on features and excitement. We are just enthusiasts with a small time podcast. I think only my mom and ChrisS listen to

#30 3 years ago

Stern is...........the evil empire.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

If we were asked or warned to remove pictures or the posts, it would of been no problem. Like everyone else, we are super excited for this game. We even did a podcast episode with our thoughts on features and excitement. We are just enthusiasts with a small time podcast. I think only my mom and ChrisS listen to

If this is true it is absolute bullshit. Have you reached out to Stern?

#32 3 years ago

You posted stolen photos. You knew it. You got banned. Now you are whining. Fuck off.

#33 3 years ago

I deleted Facebook and messenger a few weeks ago, my quality of life has been so much better. You don’t need that shit show anyway

#34 3 years ago

Wait.
    Please someone for the love of god... show me where this is a TOS violation on FB.
    It's not illegal to share pictures unless it's what... something universally horrid... like child p... or mass murder. or whatever.
    But your not sharing viruses. your not sharing cracked software... you aren't promoting racism or violence.

#35 3 years ago

Serious? About a pinball game? Get a life Facecock.

#36 3 years ago

Fuck you Stern

#37 3 years ago

Wait, hold on!!! Are you trying to tell me that Stern is making a TMNT pin??? As if one wasn't enough?

John

#38 3 years ago

I can understand Stern wanting to close the leaks at the source, but messing with fans on Facebook?? DIRTY POOL!

Here are five ways that you could get banned from Facebook.
    1. Using a false name. A quick scan through your Facebook "friends list" is bound to reveal at least one alter ego or alias. ...
    2. Posting copyrighted content. ...
    3. Adding too many friends. ...
    4. Uploading obscene material. ...
    5. Unwelcome promotion.

#39 3 years ago

Face Fuck is for Fuck Faces
    Consider urself lucky and move on.

#40 3 years ago

What is this book of faces you speak of?

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wait, hold on!!! Are you trying to tell me that Stern is making a TMNT pin??? As if one wasn't enough?
    John

this is GOLD!

#42 3 years ago

This is just really interesting to me. Stern blunders every single release they do. This isn't something new. I assume what happens is they send out the pictures to distributors ahead of time so they can prepare their marketing material. A few of the distributors probably provide those to their whale customers that buy every LE since they're such a good customer - also known as the true Stern insider. Said customer then forwards picture to whoever and the rest is history.

What is completely baffling about this - is Stern is going to punish a fan and one that is freely promoting there product. How petty can you be? It isn't like this leak has any impact to Stern. They don't need to control the narrative. It's a pinball machine. Most people I know could give a shit less about pinball and I assume the general public is the same way. This is basically a bunch of rabid fans trying to get an early look. I don't understand what the big deal is.

Waiting to see the game from a Deadflip stream isn't going to change 50% of the people saying the new game is a dimpled piece of empty playfield carboard trash from Stern and the other 50% saying how they can't believe the amazing integration and theme. Every single release goes this way. They should just embrace it. Seems like they have no issue selling games even as poor as their marketing has been to this point.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from FilthyRich:

What is this book of faces you speak of?

Right here
    ED2Book-1 (resized).jpgED2Book-1 (resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago

So start flagging Stern's posts as hate speech and other nonsense. Have some fun and fuck back with them.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

So start flagging Stern's posts as hate speech and other nonsense. Have some fun and fuck back with them.

Sounds like fun. How about trying to copyright claim one of their YouTube videos or something fun like that.

#46 3 years ago

Also fuck with the Facebook profiles of the top guys there. Flag, flag, flag away.

#47 3 years ago

Just goes to show you how important Pinball really is in this world

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

How about determining why the OP was banned and if Stern was responsible before attacking them?
    FB does stupid things but it's their platform. Register a domain and put up your own website and YOU control everything.

#49 3 years ago

Is it confirmed that Stern really had this done?

I know they commonly block people from posting on their page, but getting someone blocked completely from Fbook is a first.

I mean, I don’t put it past them... but is this verified?

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is it confirmed that Stern really had this done?
    I know they commonly block people from posting on their page, but getting someone blocked completely from Fbook is a first.
    I mean, I don’t put it past them... but is this verified?

Well considering Jared from stern sent out warnings to certain people on Facebook saying there would be legal repracussions or something along those lines if they didn't remove the pictures, I'd say it's pretty likely it was them. Sure as heck wasn't one of us who wanted to see the pictures

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-banned-from-fb-for-posting-leaked-tmnt-pics?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.