Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    2020-06-05 10_44_50-triggered meme - Google Search (resized).png
    71B4-Wph3NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    ED2Book-1 (resized).jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

How about determining why the OP was banned and if Stern was responsible before attacking them?

Agreed.

FB does stupid things but it's their platform.

And when you use it, your data is theirs too.

Register a domain and put up your own website and YOU control everything.

If you put something on your website that your ISP errantly believes to be in violation of its policies you’ll quickly discover how much control you have.

I’ve been proudly Facebook-free since last October when Zuckface testified on Capitol Hill that you can post flagrant lies about your opponent in political advertisements on Facebook and that’s totally cool with him.

Don’t forget that Dr. Zuckenstein created the Facebook monster from his website at Harvard that let everyone rate the “hotness” of female students. With good judgment like that, why shouldn’t his deeply-entrenched influence monster be allowed to do whatever it wants?

#52 3 years ago

It blows me away that people still use Facebook and Instagram knowing what those sites record and track.
    But telling people to stop using it is like telling an addict to stop using. They can’t and will make up excuses to justify it being ok.

“I keep in touch with my family” - just use your phone or email
    “It helps my business” - create your own website

Life existed and thrived just fine before Facebook. Deactivate your profiles and let that site die like MySpace.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Fuck you Stern

Stern makes pinball while Facebook makes problems. FB is a cesspool of misinformation.

Get rid of FB.

#54 3 years ago

Wow. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. How could it possibly be good for Stern to target its small base of super fans who are just excited about their products and posting stuff that’s already out there? Is it really hurting their business for a picture to be posted a day early on a fan’s page? If they are so concerned about leaks, how about not leaking to distributors in the first place?

I like Stern’s games and own a few, but this bullying, playfield quality issues, and JP topper-gate leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not saying I won’t buy another Stern, but I hope we get more effective competition. Sure, FB’s policies are BS, but Stern (assuming the allegations are correct) set all this in motion with their petty complaints.

#55 3 years ago

Please tell me where to get said leaked pics so I can get banned to.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

It blows me away that people still use Facebook and Instagram knowing what those sites record and track.
    But telling people to stop using it is like telling an addict to stop using. They can’t and will make up excuses to justify it being ok.
    “It helps my business” - create or own website
    Life existed and thrived just fine before Facebook. Deactivate your profiles and let that site die like MySpace.

It's still blows me away that people are worried about these sites tracking you. Who cares. I'm not important enough for it to matter. Oh no Facebook owns my pinball pictures what ever will I do.

I get the best pinball deals from Facebook and sell 90% of my games through Facebook for free.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Well considering Jared from stern sent out warnings to certain people on Facebook saying there would be legal repracussions or something along those lines if they didn't remove the pictures, I'd say it's pretty likely it was them. Sure as heck wasn't one of us who wanted to see the pictures

man, what a clusterF!

You would think they would learn to stop with this BS. If pictures leak, they need to take the accountability to fix the source of the leak.

Getting customers and in this case a pinball reporter/ news source banned from Fbook is even worse.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

So start flagging Stern's posts as hate speech and other nonsense. Have some fun and fuck back with them.

This!

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Stern is...........the evil empire.

71B4-Wph3NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg71B4-Wph3NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    #60 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

“It helps my business” - create or own website

It's not as easy as just creating a website. You need multiple channels to drive traffic to that site. I have a client with an e-commerce store. Over 90% of their sales come from Facebook, despite having a presence on other platforms. If they took their Facebook page down, they would go out of business. It sucks to be that dependent on a platform, which is why we are always working to diversify our traffic sources. But as of June 2020, Facebook keeps them going.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

So start flagging Stern's posts as hate speech and other nonsense. Have some fun and fuck back with them.

does this work?

I always assumed that Fbook caters to the business and it would take a massive # of reports to hack the system?

#62 3 years ago

The leaks are Stern's fault but they punish the people that buy their machines. Stern needs to look in the mirror and fix their internal problems and leaks and leave their buyers alone.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

It's still blows me away that people are worried about these sites tracking you. Who cares. I'm not important enough for it to matter. Oh no Facebook owns my pinball pictures what ever will I do.
    I get the best pinball deals from Facebook and sell 90% of my games through Facebook for free.

What blows me away is that so many people don't care what they post on FB.

Employers, neighbors, landlords, businesses, etc all benefit from the stuff people freely volunteer online, and it may not always be in your best interest.

It's ridiculous the personal stuff people share with absolute strangers.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

It's ridiculous the personal stuff people share.

Almost as ridiculous as someone complaining they were banned, allegedly, from a site due to posting pictures that were not theirs to post. But hey let's get back to burning Stern at the stake!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

does this work?
    I always assumed that Fbook caters to the business and it would take a massive # of reports to hack the system?

All the more reason to troll them with flags now. Instagram and YouTube too.

#66 3 years ago

To everyone saying that you're better off without Facebook. Just remember one thing, FB Marketplace is a great place to buy and sell pins. That's the only reason I became active on FB again, is because a lot of sellers only use FB, or use FB first to sell things. And it's nice, because on FB it's easier to determine if a buyer or seller is a real person. Just something to bear in mind.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

To everyone saying that you're better off without Facebook. Just remember one thing, FB Marketplace is a great place to buy and sell pins. That's the only reason I became active on FB again, is because a lot of sellers only use FB, or use FB first to sell things. And it's nice, because on FB it's easier to determine if a buyer or seller is a real person. Just something to bear in mind.

Same here. I only use the closed pinball groups, buy and sell stuff, and I unfollow every one of my friends. I see nothing but posts from the closed groups I’m in or the marketplace.

If I couldn’t do all that, I would’ve left my account deactivated.

#68 3 years ago

Never been on it, never gonna be.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Almost as ridiculous as someone complaining they were banned, allegedly, from a site due to posting pictures that were not theirs to post. But hey let's get back to burning Stern at the stake!

BUT THOSE PICTURES WEREN'T YOURS!!!

2020-06-05 10_44_50-triggered meme - Google Search (resized).png2020-06-05 10_44_50-triggered meme - Google Search (resized).png
    #70 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Right here
    [quoted image]

Nothing would make me happier then if this photo was a leaked picture from their next pinball.

#71 3 years ago

I tend to agree that if this was Stern, they would be better served to control their own leaks vs punishing a possible customer for posting that leak.

Having said that, it is kinda funny that the podcaster who shall not be named is upset about his podcast links not being shareable on Facebook (making it harder for his content to be consumed) when it is widely believed that the same podcaster trolled The Pinball Network by taking their website name and posting a link to other podcasts there (making it harder for their content to be consumed).

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

We even did a podcast episode with our thoughts on features and excitement. We are just enthusiasts with a small time podcast. I think only my mom and ChrisS listen to

I would like to listen to your podcast , is there anywhere I can hear it besides Facebook as I don't have Facebook .

#73 3 years ago

In my opinion there's too much censorship going on , including this site , you're not even allowed to talk about what's happening in the world .

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I tend to agree that if this was Stern, they would be better served to control their own leaks vs punishing a possible customer for posting that leak.
    Having said that, it is kinda funny that the podcaster who shall not be named is upset about his podcast links not being shareable on Facebook (making it harder for his content to be consumed) when it is widely believed that the same podcaster trolled The Pinball Network by taking their website name and posting a link to other podcasts there (making it harder for their content to be consumed).

These are very different even if you believe Kaneda registered the domain. I still can't believe they didn't register their domain before announcing, that's like business 101.

Kaneda said he didn't do it and I think if he did he would take credit and say something about how he is good at marketing.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I would like to listen to your podcast , is there anywhere I can hear it besides Facebook as I don't have Facebook .

It's on iHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-flippin-and-mashing-31133442/

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

You posted stolen photos. You knew it. You got banned. Now you are whining. Fuck off.

You’ve got all sassy now you bought one of those dumb ass JP toppers

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

In my opinion there's too much censorship going on , including this site , you're not even allowed to talk about what's happening in the world .

Scroll up to where it says pinball forum. There are countless places to get red-faced over world events, just not here. I want to talk politics with pinball people about as much as I want to talk pinball with the mayor.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Scroll up to where it says pinball forum. There a million places to get red-faced over world events, just not here. I want to talk politics with pinball people about as much as I want to talk pinball with the mayor.

If you want to limit your conversations to just pinball fair enough , I'm interested in hearing pinball people opinion's from all over the place and about lots of different subjects .

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

and about lots of different subjects .

God, why.

#81 3 years ago

You say why , I say why not .
    There are over 14,000 posts in the coronavirus thread , apparently there are lots of people that want to talk about issues that aren't related to pinball . I'm not on Facebook or any other forum , I like to hear people's opinions on different topics .

Quoted from yancy:

I want to talk politics with pinball people about as much as I want to talk pinball with the mayor.

Yet , you're here posting in a thread about someone who is banned from Facebook .

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If you want to limit your conversations to just pinball fair enough , I'm interested in hearing pinball people opinion's from all over the place and about lots of different subjects .

There's this site called reddit...

#83 3 years ago

I have banned myself from using Facebook.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Yet , you're here posting in a thread about someone who is banned from Facebook .

...for posting about pinball, which I'm pretty sure is allowed there.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

...for posting about pinball, which I'm pretty sure is allowed there.

You posted about my post , which was nothing to do with pinball .

( moderators -take it to a PM , yeah yeah I know )

#86 3 years ago

I'm most curious about why they were banned. I assume it is the leaked pics but who knows.

If it is the leaked photos I'm surprised you would not have been warned first. I understand the whole idea about them being "stolen" property but I don't understand the idea of not warning someone first. Esp for a first time offense.

Nvibe is def. one of the good pinball guys and is enthusiastic about pinball in all forms. Sometimes over enthusiastic.....I.E. wanting to build a non powered version of pinball so I can take it with me when I camp with my family.

Leaks have been an ongoing problem for Stern for ages. You would think by now they would put some type of trackable watermark on the material they send to distributors. Even if it was by region they could narrow down where the issue is.

Otherwise stop releasing the info ahead of time. It will always get out and once its out you can't get it back.

As they say in my business. All press is good press. Good or Bad.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

You posted about my post , which was nothing to do with pinball .

( moderators -take it to a PM , yeah yeah I know )

Jesus harold christ, I guess you got your wish to talk about other stuff. Ugh. You must be fun at parties.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Jesus harold christ,...

So that's what the H. stands for!

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Jesus harold christ, I guess you got your wish to talk about other stuff. Ugh. You must be fun at parties.

My apologies for upsetting you , this is all meant to be fun .

#90 3 years ago

Stop getting excited about new machines. We will tell you when to get excited. It's important we keep control over the situation. Podcaster slipping information? Borrowed photos? We will shut that shit down. You see, if details get out early, the hype dies down early. Then criticism starts early. Meanwhile, JJP grabs all the glory while our machine fades away.
    We can't have that. You will be punished.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

What if Facebook handed that info over to revenue Canada and you were suddenly taxed on all those big ticket sales? Your cool with that too? Like if you make $10k in a year through buying and selling you should claim that. Right.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I avoid all other social media sites. One of the reasons why I continually come back to pinside is that, for the most part pinheads are highly intelligent people. If you’re rich enough to buy new machines or poor and fix up beaters, it doesn’t matter what you do, if you’re here then you’ve probably picked up some unique knowledge in life. Pinside provides an interesting world perspective on a lot of subjects that you don’t pick up from mainstream media.

Quoted from metallik:

There's this site called reddit...

I avoid intellectual discussion in places like reddit. I’m sure it can be had there but The user base isn’t quite as refined as pinside is. I work with an idiot that’s always on reddit, he’s full of bad ideas and poor life choices. He can barely change a lightbulb. I’ll leave Reddit for him.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Wow. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. How could it possibly be good for Stern to target its small base of super fans who are just excited about their products and posting stuff that’s already out there? Is it really hurting their business for a picture to be posted a day early on a fan’s page? If they are so concerned about leaks, how about not leaking to distributors in the first place?
    I like Stern’s games and own a few, but this bullying, playfield quality issues, and JP topper-gate leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Not saying I won’t buy another Stern, but I hope we get more effective competition. Sure, FB’s policies are BS, but Stern (assuming the allegations are correct) set all this in motion with their petty complaints.

I feel the same. I've already decided my next NIB will NOT be a Stern, regardless of how great the game is - I love my Stern games (some of the most fun ever made), but simply lack the motivation to continue to support an organization that seems to have contempt for its most devoted customers/fans. As you said, it's completely nonsensical for a niche, "enthusiast" oriented business like Stern to do something like this, especially given that the posts seemed to serve no purpose other than to get people excited and build anticipation. I understand the posts may well have caught them off-guard and spoiled their meticulously planned launch "event", but a more appropriate (and goodwill-enhancing) response would have been to simply embrace the leak and run with it.

I too am hoping for some good competition which will challenge them to do better. It is hard to imagine the good folks at Spooky, AP, or Multimorphic pulling a stunt like this (I think they would welcome this kind of exposure, in fact), and their products continue to become more refined and compelling, so there's reason for at least some optimism! (CGC and JJP definitely shouldn't be counted-out either, but they seem like a bit of a wildcard at this time.)

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I avoid all other social media sites. One of the reasons why I continually come back to pinside is that, for the most part pinheads are highly intelligent people. If you’re rich enough to buy new machines or poor and fix up beaters, it doesn’t matter what you do, if you’re here then you’ve probably picked up some unique knowledge in life. Pinside provides an interesting world perspective on a lot of subjects that you don’t pick up from mainstream media.

I avoid intellectual discussion in places like reddit. I’m sure it can be had there but The user base isn’t quite as refined as pinside is. I work with an idiot that’s always on reddit, he’s full of bad ideas and poor life choices. He can barely change a lightbulb. I’ll leave Reddit for him.

I have to agree with you about the pinside intelligence. While some people can be arrogant, stubborn, annoying, and petty, for the most part all show intelligence. I was reading a forum the other day, dont remember where, but there was a post where the pinsider used abbreviations and short cuts like a teenager texting friends. Most forum posts are written well. There is a few exceptions when someone typed your when it should have been you're. Then the grammar police come out, everyone bags on them, we have a good laugh, then back to business.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I was reading a forum the other day, dont remember where, but there was a post where the pinsider used abbreviations and short cuts like a teenager texting friends. Most forum posts are written well.

To add to this; the idiot I work with that’s always on Reddit. He’s a 63 year old man, 2 years from retirement and he commonly uses abbreviated Words when he talks. Like he says hilar or ridic instead of hilarious or ridiculous. He looks ridiculous and sounds hilarious.

#96 3 years ago

. He looks ridiculous and sounds hilarious.

He sounds pretty cool you square!!!

#97 3 years ago

To add to this; the idiot I work with that’s always on Reddit. He’s a 63 year old man, 2 years from retirement and he commonly uses abbreviated Words when he talks. Like he says hilar or ridic instead of hilarious or ridiculous. He looks ridiculous and sounds hilarious.

This reminds me of a fellow who would come to our shop. He would ask us if we ever got a ToM or totan come thru. Now my issue was he would say ToM instead of theatre of magic or totan instead of Arabian Nights in a person to person conversation. I dont mind using short cuts in text or in a post. When you start using them in regular conversations I start losing respect.

#98 3 years ago

I was banned from Stern's FB for asking why they had brand new games laying on the floor, not on cardboard etc...just a simple question, banned. Lol. As for Facebook, I ditched my real one years ago, and recently deactivated my fake one (just had it to follow hobbies) because the level of stupidity in this world is mind boggling, and I'm sick of reading it.

#99 3 years ago
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #100 3 years ago

Was it before Zach got there? The previous person running FB was a tyrant to say the least. Haha.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-else-banned-from-fb-for-posting-leaked-tmnt-pics/page/2?hl=pinball_gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.